Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old November 14th, 2022, 08:32 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape.org - New Software Support for Heroscape

Hmm, well a spot check seems to show nothing is amiss (although it seems that some figures show their power names in all caps and some in Title Case). The last time I was trying to sort by personality/species/class to find synergy there were figures that didn't show up at all.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 14th, 2022, 08:51 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

thanks! I was trying a search to build a mariedian army using Delta points. Thanks for responding quickly!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old November 14th, 2022, 08:55 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
The last time I was trying to sort by personality/species/class to find synergy there were figures that didn't show up at all.
Figures didn't show up when sorting? How long ago was that?

If it was recently it's an unknown issue. If it was more than, say, 1 month ago, it's probably before the data was more finalized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
some figures show their power names in all caps and some in Title Case
That's fair. It was inconsistent being pulled from multiple sources originally.

I just fixed it to all be upper case. Hopefully it's consistent now.
Old November 14th, 2022, 10:33 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Hmm, I think it was less than a month ago. I'll try to keep it in mind and try again later

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 16th, 2022, 10:33 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Updated the 'Maps' tab.

The landing page is now a page with a search bar (which searches the map name and author name) and has filters available for available terrain and tags.

The name of a map on the left hand side is a link to the previous maps page (which displays a single map's full data).

Note that there is some missing data in maps still (some missing tags and a lot of maps don't have their terrain requirements entered). I'm going to try and make sure any new maps that get entered have all their data, but if you notice either type of data missing from an existing map send me a message and I'll get it updated.

Also happy to get any feedback on these pages. I think this is a move in the right direction to make the maps functionality more dynamic, but it's also a very new page.
Old November 17th, 2022, 12:06 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Happy that you've setup the framework for maps! Looking forward to the data population but with the framework in place that's a really big development!
Old November 21st, 2022, 11:45 PM

2 Updates.

1) Added a new feature: creating a link for an online game by just choosing the map from a dropdown.
https://heroscape.org/ohs/
(after a few seconds) It'll open a new OHS game that has the map template selected.

It only supports maps that are entered into the Database (with an associated link for a Google Doc page), but right now that's ~ 25 maps.

Note that I designed & implemented this tonight, so there's probably a bug somewhere. If something looks wrong, let me know.

There is (currently) no link to an active tournament. I'm considering how that might work (generating links for an online tourney); no promises, still early stages.

But wanted to share this version at this point to get some feedback.

And thanks to @Dysole ;for sharing some of OHS's source code to give me a good jump-start on implementing this.

2) I've updated the data for the maps that were already in the system (~45 maps or so). I consider these maps to be correctly entered (although it's easy for me to have made some errors) so if you notice anything wrong with them (no OHS link, wrong terrain, missing tag, etc.) please let me know and I'll get it fixed.

Regarding adding new maps, I'm probably never going to just sit down and enter a hundred plus maps all at once, but if anyone wants to get their personal maps added in (or any other group of maps they want) send me a PM and I can share some permissions with your account on Heroscape.org to let you enter some maps.
Old November 22nd, 2022, 12:33 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Holy HEck...that link generating feature is dope! Well done sir! Excellent...this site is really becoming something special.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 23rd, 2022, 09:07 PM

Updated the Delta point values to match today's November Update.
Old November 25th, 2022, 07:42 PM

Another update:

Tournaments on Heroscape.org can now be marked as 'online' when they are created. If they are marked 'online', then when each round is published, each matchup will have an OHS link automatically created for it. That OHS link is then included in the pairings email sent to each player.

Here's an example of the (updated) pairings email:

@Sir Heroscape

I wanted to announce this now, as:
1) The 'online' option is now visible when you create a tournament
2) This change is now in production on the site

However, I'm asking anyone who might want to use this feature to hold off for 2 weeks. The current OST event has agreed to test this new feature for the next round (round 3) and I would like to have that be the first time it's used in a production event, as I'll be able to monitor it myself when the round is created for potential problems. But, if I don't post again about it here before Dec. 10th, feel free to use it as you'd like.
Old November 25th, 2022, 09:17 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Holy Heck! This is awesome! Great work CP!!!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 30th, 2022, 04:02 PM

Added 2 new sorts:
1) Delta Point Update Date (i.e. to see all units whose Delta values changed in the Nov '22 update recently)
2) Power Rankings. This uses OEAO's rankings for Classic Scape & Dok's rankings for VC-inclusive. Not though that I don't have the values of all of Dok's rankings filled in, so there's a lot of 'TBD' at the bottom of the list. I'm adding stuff when I can, but entering 300+ entries that I have to search for the value for is a lot, so give it some time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software