Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 15th, 2011, 12:07 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: NHSD Columbus Ohio - 10/15/11

Check my tradelist in my signature below. I will sell for cheaper there as I don't have to package and ship. I just realized I have 8 RotV sets now and only want/need 2 or 3.

Also, which of these would people most like as prizes (I will pick 2):
  • SOTM Unopened (I won at Gencon/Origins)
  • 1 3/4 fortress Sets (as one prize)
  • Misc Terrain pack, roughly equal in hexes to MS1 but has swamp, dungeon, concrete, snow, and terrain pack extra hexes
  • Harder to find heroes from different packs (wave 2/3/4/6/7 - about 4-5 heroes)
  • C3G Figs - Heroxclix & Printed Cards (about 10)
  • Printscape - CUC cards printout & Lamaclown's Halloween Activity Book

Last edited by lefton4ya; September 16th, 2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old September 17th, 2011, 12:21 AM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!

Prizes? Waves 4,7, 9 and 10.....lmao! THAT would be nice

But really, I'd like hard to find terrain like ice tiles, trees and bridges!

PM me about any custom scenery
Old September 17th, 2011, 12:40 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Speaking of hard to find terrain - while I have everyone in the same place - has anyone ended up with some extra RttFF trees? I looked through my collection the other day and found out I was short some of the small trees (I'm missing 4 or 5 of them I think). If anyone realizes they have extra trees after cleaning up from a tourney or something, let me know. I think my trees got mixed in with someone elses.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 17th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

No drug talk at Heroscapers.com, Mister.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old September 18th, 2011, 12:09 PM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!

Looks like my son and I will make it that weekend! But, stupid question......other than our preferred army, what else do we need to bring? Admission fees? Terrain? Food/drink? Lots of damage markers?

PM me about any custom scenery
Old September 18th, 2011, 03:43 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Bring army cards, dice, wound markers and a prize for the prize table if you want to take one.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:23 AM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirek View Post
I hope to be coming, but I live in North Carolina now. We'll have to see if I'll be able to make it up there some way.

Go ahead and put me down as a maybe. I'm going to do my best, but I can't guarantee anything. Hopefully I'll also be able to drag along Nathanwright, Kafkaesque, Nick, and Trotter, some of whom you all have met.
You'd better come. I owe a beatdown for last years embarrassment of my Goblins.
Well it looks like i convinced the wife. Now i just need to convince the rest of my friends so that i can get a ride out there, since she'll only get me as far as Pittsburgh.
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:55 AM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattserTruckRally View Post
Hi I know I haven't posted in awhile. I've talked to jacob_jp and I'll be posting the rules for the Battle Royale up on the main page. We've also toyed around with possibly allowing a side tournament to be held midway through the event that allows the customs to be used.
Mattser -

are we doing a Battle Royale or a Royal Rumble? If I understand the Royal Rumble correctly, if you lose one game you're out of the tournament. Is that right?

If so, I'm praying it's a Battle Royale.
Old September 19th, 2011, 11:32 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Just like a normal tourney, with enough players, you can loose a game and still win the tourney or easily come in the top 4. Also, wait to see if the Columbus crew decides to through in a bracketed semi-finals and finals for the final four - it seems like that they are leaning that way but not sure. Also if you use win difference as the top factor as opposed to winning %, if you can get in more games but loose one or two, you are better off then playing less games but being undefeated.

See An Alternative Tournament Structure: The Rolling Rumble
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Rankings are determined according to the following criteria:

A) Best win difference (number of wins minus number of losses),
B) Win percentage,
C) D20 roll.

That is, the win difference is the primary method of ranking. Within equal differences, win percentage decides the placing. If the records are identical, roll the D20 (any splits made by the D20 are for prize table purposes only).
Alternative ranking algorithms. Should win difference be higher priority than win percentage? (Is 5-1 better than 3-0?) When using win difference, is win percentage or number of wins the appropriate secondary criterion? (Is 6-2 better than 5-1?) Should points remaining be collated to add another criterion? (Is 5-1 with a points differential of 530 sufficiently different to 5-1 with a points differential of 450 to be worth everyone collecting that information?) Any and all of the criteria can be put into the order of your choosing to determine placings. If using win percentage, you will probably also want a minimum number of games, say three, to qualify. Anyone with fewer than this number of games adds losses to reach the total.

Strength of Schedule. Calculate the average of your opponents' win percentages. This is your strength of schedule. This can be added into the list of criteria for determining placings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Thanks Dok. So it looks like the best ordering is:
  • Wins-Loss
  • Winning %
  • SOS based on opponent's total W-L record
Old September 19th, 2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Just like a normal tourney, with enough players, you can loose a game and still win the tourney or easily come in the top 4. Also, wait to see if the Columbus crew decides to through in a bracketed semi-finals and finals for the final four - it seems like that they are leaning that way but not sure. Also if you use win difference as the top factor as opposed to winning %, if you can get in more games but loose one or two, you are better off then playing less games but being undefeated.

See An Alternative Tournament Structure: The Rolling Rumble
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Rankings are determined according to the following criteria:

A) Best win difference (number of wins minus number of losses),
B) Win percentage,
C) D20 roll.

That is, the win difference is the primary method of ranking. Within equal differences, win percentage decides the placing. If the records are identical, roll the D20 (any splits made by the D20 are for prize table purposes only).
Alternative ranking algorithms. Should win difference be higher priority than win percentage? (Is 5-1 better than 3-0?) When using win difference, is win percentage or number of wins the appropriate secondary criterion? (Is 6-2 better than 5-1?) Should points remaining be collated to add another criterion? (Is 5-1 with a points differential of 530 sufficiently different to 5-1 with a points differential of 450 to be worth everyone collecting that information?) Any and all of the criteria can be put into the order of your choosing to determine placings. If using win percentage, you will probably also want a minimum number of games, say three, to qualify. Anyone with fewer than this number of games adds losses to reach the total.

Strength of Schedule. Calculate the average of your opponents' win percentages. This is your strength of schedule. This can be added into the list of criteria for determining placings.
Quote:
Thanks Dok. So it looks like the best ordering is:
  • Wins-Loss
  • Winning %
  • SOS based on opponent's total W-L record
Lefton4ya,

Are you sure that's right? It looks like those are the rules for the Rolling Rumble, while the front page of this tournament says we are playing a Royal Rumble. Maybe I'm mincing words.

Anyway, have we decided whether or not C3V figures from Thormun's Reprieve will be allowed? I'm aching to test out Nicholas and Thralls... I would love to do Omega and his crons, too, but it's too few points.
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:29 PM

jacob_j_p is surprisingly tart

It will be the Rolling rumble format that's been linked in an earlier post of mine.

Last edited by jacob_j_p; September 19th, 2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:54 PM

Moxilla Woo who?

I will be there. I have a few things for prize fodder as well. I am able to help setup and tear down as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day