Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old January 22nd, 2009, 10:54 PM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker
Re: joe5joe7's Marvel maps! Wayne Manor Submitted to BoM

I edited the post in the BoM thread

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Old January 24th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Alrighty, I tried to make this map this morning and came across some issues.

1.) Double-hex concrete
In this map you have used 10 double-hex concrete tiles and there are only 7 of these in the Marvel Master Set.

2.) Fortress Pillar set on top of water tile
Right here,

This is not allowed per the official rules from my understanding and overall compromises the structural integrity of this map.

3.) The Spiral Staircase
While I love this idea, I found it extremely difficult to build. I did end up getting it set and secured, but I was thinking that maybe it is a little too difficult for the average joe? I am unsure about this one, because I love the spiral staircase. My suggestion would be to see if you could secure it a little better.

4.) Tree growing out of concrete
The "10" tree in the build instructions is growing out of concrete, and while this is not against the rules, I find it thematically not good. Trees don't grow out of concrete in real life.

I still love the idea of this map, but I think there are a few glitches that need to be corrected before I can vote it for review.

~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old January 24th, 2009, 04:12 PM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker

1. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I used the base of the wrecked building; but VS doesn't have an option for just that so I just put in 3 2-hex concrete tiles, here:

2.I think that a simple slide of the road tile that is underneath the other pillar should fix this.

3. I think it is sturdy enough once it is up, and I found it helped to attach the battlements first.

4. maybe I could move the tree one down? That should fix the problem.

also, I won't be able to make these corrections until I go to my dad's house, so if anyone wants to virtual scape them in I would be very happy; and my rep cannon would fire that way.

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Old April 15th, 2009, 05:01 PM

gelcom5 Woo who?

I think it depends on whether or not your ONLY using marvel characters. Because their point values seem to be higher than normal.
Old April 15th, 2009, 05:05 PM

Fizziii knows what's in an order marker Fizziii knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
4.) Tree growing out of concrete
The "10" tree in the build instructions is growing out of concrete, and while this is not against the rules, I find it thematically not good. Trees don't grow out of concrete in real life.
I disagree with this to a point. In real life, trees grow out of rocks on the side of mountains, so growing through a crack in the sidewalk wouldn't be a big deal.

Also, there are a lot of places where people build a sidewalk, and leave a circle without concrete for the trees to grow through. So, it's possible a tree isn't directly growing out of the concrete... but it just looks that way.

Just my 2 cents. It's possible it could make sense, possible it doesn't really belong. That's up to the intent of Joe.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios