iPhone style display 56 43.41%
Futuristic Display 13 10.08%
Medieval Display 52 40.31%
Other (put what you want) 8 6.20%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 28th, 2009, 11:52 PM

HiTech126 is surprisingly tart
Heroscape App

Firstly, I apologize if this is the wrong forum. It doesn't really fit with any of the other topics, but it is not off topic.

I am good at coding in HTML and am just starting to learn java. I have some software that allows you to create an iPhone/iPod Touch app in HTML and then add things to make it work with the iPhone/iPod Touch. I thought it would be cool to have a resource with Heroscape information, even when internet is not available.

I would like to know if people are interested in this. Also would I be able to use direct references to Heroscape if 1. I put the thing about it being WOTC's property. 2. If it is a free app in the app store.

And if you are interested in this please tell me what you would like to see in the app.

Update: After a very long delay... I got the website up!
Go to: http://hsapp.tk/
Check it out!
This is "beta testing" before I release the app iPhone/iPod Touch
Post any, bugs, issues, things you want to see added, things you would like removed, ideas, questions, or comments here.

Update: The app is in Beta testing for Jailbroken devices.
If you would like to try the app out, PM me. I will give you the download link. Post any, bugs, issues, things you want to see added, things you would like removed, ideas, questions, or comments here.

Last edited by HiTech126; August 14th, 2010 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Beta Site, Beta App!
Old September 29th, 2009, 01:37 AM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape App

This is one of the best ideas I've seen in a long time! Definitely do this!

Some thing I may suggest to put in the app--

A complete list of the rules,
A complete list of units--with cost,
A complete list of the Glyphs and they're effects,
and, if you could do it,
A few map instructions for common BoV maps like Turret Rocks, Embattled Fen, and Highways and Dieways.

Whether you can or can't fit all of this into an app, I'd still say that any kind of resource for HeroScape in the app store is brilliant! Most definitely, +rep!

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!
Old September 29th, 2009, 07:11 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sounds like a good idea to me!

There are a lot of rules and unit stat resources on BoardGameGeek. I would think if it were not appropriate to publicize that information BGG would not allow those sorts of things to be uploaded - at least not for very long. So, I think you're okay.

Old September 29th, 2009, 09:07 AM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sounds cool HiTech126!

I am always interested in the probabilities in heroscape. You could include sisypus' tables, and/or some functions from the probability calculator. The calculator is in python, but you could easily re-write it in java or whatever.

Another idea is an army builder. Let the user say how many points, then let them choose the units from a list, and the app keeps track of the points.

Old September 29th, 2009, 11:46 PM

Ok thanks for the ideas. I have ran into a little problem with the software I was using, so I will probably not get it done by NHSD which had been my goal. I still fully plan on doing this, but it may take a little longer than expected. In the meantime continue to post things you would like to see included
Old September 29th, 2009, 11:52 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

Basically everything that has been posted is great! These are all great ideas, and whether we can get it by NHSD or not is no problem (at least not for me). Just having the opportunity to have it at all is awesome.

Old September 30th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think an app like this would be nice.
^_^

(Just a suggestion, of course)

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old October 6th, 2009, 12:05 AM

Ok, sorry I haven't posted. I am beginning work on the program and will add a poll to the forum to see what people want from the app.
Old October 6th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm excited. I have been searching the app store hoping that someone would have made some kind of heroscape app but to no avail. Now I have something to look forward too.

My only suggestion, keep it simple.

Maybe start with an army builder and collection tracker of some kind. Maybe add a favorite maps sort of thing later.
Old October 6th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

If you can browse the internet on your iPhone, isn't this about the only "app" that you need: http://heroscape.glasq.com/home.xhtml
Old October 6th, 2009, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
If you can browse the internet on your iPhone, isn't this about the only "app" that you need: http://heroscape.glasq.com/home.xhtml
It could be, but because this is an app it will be offline, quicker, and hopefully have more resources.
Old October 6th, 2009, 05:58 PM

I still say go for it. It's an excellent idea.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software