Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 1st, 2011, 08:51 AM

onibaku06 is surprisingly tart
Re: Bay Area Brawl - NHSD'11

Why dont you guys like rats?

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown

Last edited by onibaku06; October 2nd, 2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old October 1st, 2011, 01:02 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by onibaku06 View Post
Why don't you guys like rats?
I think its a combination of snobbery and frustration. I think the arguments go something like this:

Snobbery:
Deathreavers are just too easy to use to do the job they are best at - tying up your opponent and/or glyph-grabbing. It lacks finesse and elegance. Using rats indicates mindlessness in army design.

Frustration:
"I hate having to deal with the hordes of rats clogging up the map and keeping me from using my army in the manner with which I designed it to work!" They are obnoxious and annoying.

-----------------------------
My personal attitude is "Deal with it!" You don't have to use rats in your army if you don't want to. Just be sure to include some Special Attacks in your army design to deal with them if you are "forced" to face them you sniveling cry baby. [/harsh]

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old October 1st, 2011, 01:21 PM

zyx is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
That'd be excellent, Zyx. I'll sign them up as maybes, can you get a confirmation and let us know?
I'll let you know as soon as possible
Old October 1st, 2011, 03:36 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Further reason to dislike rats:
Like Raelin, they help ranged more than melee. And ranged doesn't need the help.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 03:21 AM

onibaku06 is surprisingly tart

Ah, I see. I knew that rats were dirty pieces, but I never expected them to be hated this much.

Honestly, I like the rats. Hate to face them though.

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown
Old October 2nd, 2011, 07:55 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Here's a couple of pics of Ronin's Games from the outside for those navigatin' there for the first time. As you come up the street there will be Creekside Middle School on your right. Ronin's is on the left side of the street just past the school.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old October 3rd, 2011, 12:55 PM

vikinglad knows what's in an order marker vikinglad knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by onibaku06 View Post
Why dont you guys like rats?
'cuz they ain't very cool lookin'. I am in it for the aesthetics.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 02:25 PM

mariogolbee is surprisingly tart

Sooo... if I were ever to actually try and play the rats that I purchased from eBay it would frowned upon? I don't plan on using them for this tournament, but I purchased them in order to try and build a Soulbourg themed army at some point. I'd use gladiatrons, but they are going for $40+ right now, and that is ridiculous.

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

Good trades with OverEngineered, apersonwholives, and phil413ican.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 02:47 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

There's no ban on A+ units...but some of us have a personal ban on those annoying rats. Now if you field an army like the one below you might get some -ing...

Major Q9 180
Raelin (RotV) 80
Rats x4 160
Krav Maga Agents 100
520 pts./22 hexes

Carney's Trade List
Old October 3rd, 2011, 04:18 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What others have said is correct. The sentiment expressed here against rats is player distaste for the unit, not any official policy of Heroscape or for this tourney.

You can play whatever you like, as long you're willing to face it as well!

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old October 3rd, 2011, 07:15 PM

vikinglad knows what's in an order marker vikinglad knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival Man View Post
There's no ban on A+ units...but some of us have a personal ban on those annoying rats. Now if you field an army like the one below you might get some -ing...

Major Q9 180
Raelin (RotV) 80
Rats x4 160
Krav Maga Agents 100
520 pts./22 hexes
Aw man, are the Krav on the tourny cheese list? They are on the team I am thinking about bringing. I just beat a Q9/Raelin/10th team with it last night against my wife, but it was pretty close. 110 to 120 after 5 rounds.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 07:27 PM

The Krav still show up in a couple armies every year. I used them last year in my army that went 5-0. Just because I used them in my Uber-army example doesn't mean you can't use them.

Carney's Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day