Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 8th, 2009, 11:11 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Input Request 20/07 - Wriggz's Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I'm actually trying to keep this on the down low until I'm done, Since this is like searching for the philosophers stone of heroscape.
Apt choice of words there, because like the philosopher's stone, I don't believe a formula for costing Heroscape figures exists, either. If it did, we would never have gotten a 130-point Hatamoto Taro or an 80-point Raelin.

Good luck on your quest, though.
Old November 24th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Vipers
Spoiler Alert!

Drunken Monk
Spoiler Alert!

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; February 2nd, 2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:05 PM

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Aquilla Heroes

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by wriggz; February 2nd, 2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:09 PM

pixlepix Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Jaguar
Species Panthera
Class Predator
Personality Fearsome
Size Medium 5
LIFE 5
MOVE 7
RANGE 1
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 4
POINTS 95

Hunters advantage
When attacking a figure with no unrevealed order markers add 2 to Jaguar's attack.

Stealth Dodge
When Jaguar rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage.

Phantom Walk
Jaguar can move through all figures and are never attacked when leaving an engagement.
Overpowered. Take away stealth dodge, and possibly lower his cost to 70, and he looks like a very fun figure.

"Heroscape isn't interfering with your life. Your life is interfering with heroscape."
Basic guide to heroscape
guide to heroscape rules
The best online game ever(try it out for a month.)
Old December 31st, 2009, 12:56 PM

Re: Wriggz's Custom

Squads

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by wriggz; October 14th, 2015 at 10:06 AM.
Old January 11th, 2010, 04:11 PM

Re: Wriggz's Custom

Common Soldiers

Bio: Throughout human history wars have raged across the world. No wars have been bloodier or more total than WWI and WWII. Countless acts of valour and discipline have been recorded, which caught the attention of the Archkyrie Jandar and Einar as they bolster their forces against the threat of Utgar and his allies. From the Medic summoned before an air raid to the solider pulled from an bitter storm, at home they would be counted among the honored dead while continuing the fight for freedom on the fields of Valhalla.

Designer Notes: Figures and units from the modern era are few and far between. With the release of the 8th Pathfinder, it seemed that there was room for a few more soldiers in Jandar’s and Einar’s forces. After finding the Excellent Pathfinder Russians (which C3V are using as a 2 man squad) and the Heroclix Medic I decided to go the wyrmling route to build synergy.

The 52nd Mountain Gunner can mow down low defense figures and may be able to pierce stronger figures armor with repeated attacks. He is a good rat exterminator but at 35 points is a fair cost for a 3 defense 1 life figures. The Common Soldier is what runs this “faction” allowing turns with other soldiers including 8th Pathfinders.

While the 52nd Gunner can choose more figures, and has a longer range, the 17th Grenadier however can throw more dice to clumped-up figures. The Lob lets him stay safe undercover, while threating multiple squad figures. Again the common soldier bonding keeps the group together.

Rounding out the soldiers is the 19th Field Medic. I wanted to have him act as a support for human figures rather than recycling a Parmenio style aura that protects common figures. Giving him the speed boost to get to wounded heroes gives him the Jandar bravery. He still has some punch with his attack and the merciful keeps him out of 4th Mass armies.

Last edited by wriggz; October 15th, 2015 at 09:33 PM.
Old September 15th, 2015, 06:53 PM

Re: Wriggz's Customs: Presents Large Expansion

This tread was last updated in Jan of 2011, which is a long time.

I've been working on customs for years now, but never got around to posting them much. Now I have a very robust collection, I think it may be time to share and maybe inspire some, and get feedback from others.

I'm a sucker for Factions and theme, so I will be posting a few cards that go together at a time.

Recent Post:

Bio:
With Valkrill pulling Monsters and Villains that formally been the sole domain of Utgar, the Valkyrie General had become somewhat desperate in his search for new recruits for his legions. Believing them to be too treacherous and disloyal Utgar had long past over the crew and officers of the Black Swan. Now in his quest for power he has decided to summon the worst Pirates the seas of Earth had to offer. As he gazes into the wellspring, Utgar can see the battered ship about to sink below the waves amidst a storm whose violence is only matched by the ill forsaken crew. In a blaze of light the ship and all aboard find themselves in port of the Volcarren Wastelands. Utgar reflects on the decision that only time can tell if he will regret.
This week I present my take on pirates. Before discussing the figures you will notice a theme of Betrayal among these figures. While Disney type pirates can go with any general, I settled on the self-destruction and negative powers and hence the decision of Utgar. This is a ruthless crew that seems like a great bargain at first, but a cold D20 can do your opponents work for them.

First up is the Pirate of legend – Black Beard. My favorite part of Heroscape is the blending of themes, hence the synergy with unique human squads. I feel his price keeps him from being broken with the Airborne Elite or Krav Agents. He is really meant to be married with the Pirate Crew, with his Command Bonding. Additionally his price is balanced by the chance of wounding your own figures with both Pirates Orders and Drunken strike:

While I am aware that C3V is working on a common squad, these figures were hard enough to track down that I opted for a unique squad. Designing unique squads can be tricky as you need to have a reason for them not to be common. For example common Marro Warriors or Krav would be game breaking. I think the same is true with the Pirates. First they needed to work well with Captains Revenge above. Additionally their ability to run when attacked and not be shot as well as potentially fleeing when engaged can be very powerful. Most importantly a 5 man squad is unheard of in Scape. All this is balanced by the fact that you may simply lose out on attacking for a whole turn while they could potentially fall to melee attack:

Finally this week I have The Wereshark Curse. I swung back and forth on making it Unique or Uncommon and settled on Unique for balance reasons. Here you have a Rechets potential of never getting to use the figure since with Pirate Squad you only get 5 chances to summon. Additionally it is literally a shark demanding order markers and attack to avoid self-wounding. It is weak on clean up since a fast hero can keep running until the Wereshark destroys itself. You really have to be careful with placement since the Wereshark will attack friendly figures which is not always possible since it could show up at any time. I also like the synergy with the Werewolf Lord:

Next week – Pirate Heroes!

Last edited by wriggz; September 15th, 2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old September 15th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Wriggz's Customs: 2015 Update - Pirates!

Blackbeard: Obviously synergetic with the Pirates the most, but good with the Krav as you said as well. I generally don't like figures whose job is to sit in the back and be powered up for later, but his bonding works against that for the most part. I don't see his downsides doing much to deter his cost--1 wound to a friendly is a whole lot better than Hawthorne's outright betrayal. I'd likely get Vengeance with the Krav, then move in with him and his squad: a potentially deadly combo for 310 points.

Black Swan Pirates: Fickle but numerous, six activations a turn with Blackbeard is good, but they won't last long against ranged fire. Of course, they're only 60 points.

Wereshark: I definitely like this one the best both thematically and gameplay-wise. I'd have a hard time not putting him in with the others for a mere 50 points given his destructive potential and high chance of being set loose. Regardless, he's pretty awesome

~TAF, who needs to get back to his own Customs

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old September 23rd, 2015, 09:04 AM

Pirate Heroes
Bio: Between the Captain and the crew of the Black Swan there were the officers. Pirates, who threw guile, treachery and recklessness, had proven themselves more infamous then the common rabble. While others who follow the Banner of Utgar do so for Power, out of Fear or mindless loyalty this pirates were different only out for plunder and spoils. Worst still their greed was contagious and spread to other races who had found themselves upon the shores of Valhalla. How long before one of the other generals offered these miscreants a better offer resulting in betrayal, was a concern Utgar had not known until now.

Design notes: This week I have 5 heroes to go with the pirates. Each is fairly inexpensive in cost, but may hamper a player in some other way. Over time those D20 rolls stack up and it is only a matter of time before they result is a critical fail.

First up is Jacquotte who can be lured away with a handy treasure glyph. She is a fairly good all around figure with nothing too special. Feels like some of the outlaws and lawmen, with her range attack and meager stats.

A very cheap filler, Johnny can be useful at snatching a treasure glyph from a strong hero. His weak stats make it likely he will fall soon after, but he may get one good attack in. I specifically left disengage off the card and gave him 3 life to keep his points down.

I love Powder keg Pete. The one time use of his powder keg and the chance of him getting destroyed and blowing up half your start zone is awesome, even though it is very unlikely. His strong stats otherwise makes him a great addition to the pirate army.

This is where we get away from humans. Who’s to say Captain Blackbeard couldn’t inspire some more to join his crew. First off is Janak, an orc that didn’t quite fit in (he is green not blue). He is the strongest of the Pirates, but still could self-wound and if you are not careful destroy one of your more valuable squad figures. His price may be a bit low, but I’m okay with that since other than with the pirates he has very low synergy and attack output.

Finally Yellow Claw is a simple filler and another Raptorian. Most maps don’t have much use for Glide, but if you get a good mountain or castle going it is a nice addition. Showing off an order marker to avoid wounds is not a great penalty most of the time but can hinder in the end-game. Special attacks still rip him apart and the 3 life/2 defense is pitiful.

Next Week – Centaurs of the Forest.

Old October 12th, 2015, 11:40 AM

Centaurs

Bio: As Ullar gazed upon the wellspring that gave life to the great forests of Valhalla, he glimpsed warriors upon horseback not unlike the Templars that ride for Jandar in the north. Yet, as the vision grew clearer it became obvious that the warrior and their mounts were one in the same. These were proud and powerful heroes, these centaurs of the Feylaund. As proud and determined as any race summoned thus far, the Centaurs could prove to be an edge that Ullar needs to ensure the safety of his lands from the encroaching threat of the Marro that have already infected Aquilla’s Jungle. Their bravery will serve them well, as they strike fast and then vanish into the forest preparing for their next attack, whether from blade, bow or the power of magic.

Design Notes: I was able to assemble a motley crew of centaurs form a few mini lines. While they are not all of the same scale, they are close enough for me, and I figure they represent different races. I really liked developing their names to reflect their hide colour and weapons, since I think it gives a hint at a deeper culture. I choose Ullar since I think they fill out his army nicely and fill the mythological theme nicely. I tied the whole faction together with a leader and Tactical disengagement. I think reducing the chance of engagement attack to 25% opens up a lot of freedom without giving them strait disengage. Keeping this army moving is the key to success, however it does mean they don’t play nice with Raelin since they are unlikely to stay in her aura, which is a knock against them.

Cloudsteel is what brings the group together. As I mentioned I like theme, and felt that the Centaurs needed something to bring them together. I personally like command type figures since they give people a reason to draft Assassins in their army, where they normally would just go with a heavy hitter or a swarm of commons. The 6 space limit keeps the group together and makes you push Cloudsteel into the fight rather than just using him for clean-up and feel more like a leader. His strong move, range and attack make him a dangerous figure on the board.

Speaking of heavy hitters, Earthlance can be a force on the field if figures are clumped up. I wish there was more bonus in clumping figures in Heroscape since so many powers work this way, and some of my personal commons reflect this. Additionally I prefer to use @hextr1p ‘s excellent partial cover rules which encourage adjacency. Again speed is key here.

When it comes to the centaurs, Umberbow is a steal. She has great stats and the recycling of Asterios and Komiko’s special attack in ranged form is something we see from a lot of designers. You really could fit her in with so many armies as a solid clean up hero or even in the mid game if you are not playing commons. Her 4 life and 3 defense is fairly frail though.

Vinemane is the most interesting to me. At first Binding Vines just looks like Paralizing stare, however the “duration of your turn” bit makes her valuable with the other centaurs under Cloudsteel, since she can negate their defense before one of the other Centaurs attack, leading to an awesome 1-2 punch. It is not always easy to pull off and only works on one figure at a time but it can really do some damage. Again 4 life, 3 defense for a short range figure is living dangerously.

Next Week the Red Army.

Old October 14th, 2015, 10:16 AM

Re: Wriggz's Customs: 2015 Update - Centaurs

KOMMANDOS
Bio: The battle continued to rage upon the mountains between Einar’s Golden Place in Lindesfarme, the mountains of Bleakwoode in the east and Aunstrom to the north. With Vydar’s betrayal the war draws ever closer to Einar door step. In his desire to protect the stillness of Mirror Lake, Einar begins to abandon his dedication to the ancient art of war. He looks further ahead in the history of Earth where Vydar has already turned his glance. There he sees soldiers of unrivaled discipline and order. Before a madman’s bomb can lay waste to the unit, Einar brings these soldiers and their commanders to the fields of Arch Kyrie War. The Kommands of the Third Red Army have been called to the battle of Valhalla.

Designer Notes: This is one of my personal favorite factions, having played more games with them than virtually any other unit from my whole collection (Still love the 10th though). I really wanted to bring Einar into the 21st century and figured a “Russian” army from the future would be a good way. It also made naming the Commanders fun and interesting. There is a bit of theme clash with the Incendiborgs, but I’m okay with that. A quasi bonding ranged unit is always a tough design, but I really think I balanced it out, while still keeping the theme.

Squadron Red 31 is the engine of the whole faction. They need their leaders to be around to be of any reasonable use. By using “Kommando” and “Leader” it keeps the synergy down with other units, however there is one short Leader that still works with them, which is one of the best aspects of Heroscape.

To me Boris is as necessary/logical with Red 31s as any of the classic bonding pairs. His Kommand power steps up the board control of the Squad a lot but the limit of 6 spaces keeps the units bunched up, which could lead to splash damage (such as from DW9000). He is a fair clean up hero in the end game with a good survivability and attack.

Natasha is where things get fun. Her take on the Nakita’s Smoke bomb is really interesting and can really hurt ranged squad heavy armies like the 4th Mass or Stingers. Again it keeps your army bunched up and is vulnerable to special attacks so it is not overpowered. Her special attack adds some fire power to your army when you get her imposition and can really clean through rats.

Ivan is an nice healer addition to the army, helping out both Squad figures and Heroes. Again you have to keep him bunched up with the Kommando’s so Deathwalker loves fighting against this faction. Since you really want to get that third attack dice out of the squad, you may be tempted to put him and the other heroes into harm’s way, but hopefully Ivan can keep them alive for a bit longer. As it stands his Med kit requires a whole turn to get any use out of and cannot be triggered by moving with the Red 31’s, which I may change in the future.

Next Week… Aquilla Kyrie

Old October 14th, 2015, 01:37 PM

Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker
Re: Wriggz's Customs: 2015 Update - Centaurs

Those commandos look sweet. What figures did you use?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards