Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 28th, 2013, 05:42 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Maryland NHSD 11/9: Prepare for a Savage NHSD!

If you are concerned about making games go quickly, then I recommend:
  • Lower figure limits (400 points doesn't make for a quick game if it's cutters x5 against romans x5).
  • Alternative victory conditions = Assassin's Creed, Treasure Quest and Capture the Flag all provide reliable ways to short-circuit a protracted endgame - especially the latter two, which I like a lot more anyway.
Go with both of those, and you could use bring 2 as well and keep it in the time block, no problem.
Old September 28th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hmm. Maybe I'll look up Treasure Quest for next time. If I ran Assassin's Creed I'd probably ban 3 heroes, whose existence so dominate that mini-metagame that it would be un-fun.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 28th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So are we locked in at 400 points 18 hexes?

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old September 28th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yes.

= =
Old September 28th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

4 squads of Obsidion Guards! Done!

Old September 28th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I knew it! Clan wins a couple tournaments and then it's nothing but cheese, cheese, cheese.

I'm also pleased to announce drewcula will be making another trophy, though I haven't actually told him so yet.

= =
Old September 28th, 2013, 11:17 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
I like 395. I'm evil like that. I'd even go 396!
Tempting, tempting.
Solomon has considered the above arguments, each of which is worthy and weighed heavily on his mind. He has decided thusly: Solomon is very excited to see Johngee again, so he will give the old man what he wants.
400 points, 18 hexes. Note the 2 extra hexes as well.
Whooohooo!!! D_S, tell Solomon tanks fur allowing me my double "O's"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post

4 squads of Obsidion Guards! Done!
Oh yeah,,, let's see how they stand up to my 16x Dumutef Guards... ah, err, wait - they've got peanut bases, don't they? I haven't played this game in awhile. Hmm, then let's make 16x blood lusting Sahaguin Raiders, straight out of the Fen Bog.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old October 5th, 2013, 06:40 PM

Big Boa is surprisingly tart

Hi all,

Is there room for 1 more?

I recently moved to NJ from KY and this looks like it would be a great first event for me here. My last tourney was in Louisville in July and I was not able to make Gen Con this year so I am for sure ready to roll some dice!

As it will be a bit of a haul, I would for sure be up for playing something after the Heroscape concludes and simply make a full day of it.

Thanks,

Chuck
Old October 5th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Terrific! Of course there's room. I look forward to meeting you.

I think it's great that someone from the Nashville scene will be able to join us! We can't (don't) do monthly events like you guys, that's for sure.

Send a PM to Tom about transportation. He may be interested in carpooling.

Ok, it's time to sprinkle some fairy dust on the OP.

edit: Done. Now the OP is up to my standards.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; October 5th, 2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old October 6th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

Re: Maryland NHSD 11/9/13: A Savage NHSD!

Thinking of armies........................drawing a blank. Everything I've come up with, I've dismissed as either too competitive, or not competitive enough. There is something wrong with me.

Old October 6th, 2013, 12:07 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Maryland NHSD 11/9/13: A Savage NHSD!

I am struggling with the same thing. I have one I really want to bring, but it seems like cheese.
Old October 7th, 2013, 09:06 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boa View Post
Hi all,

Is there room for 1 more?

I recently moved to NJ from KY and this looks like it would be a great first event for me here. My last tourney was in Louisville in July and I was not able to make Gen Con this year so I am for sure ready to roll some dice!

As it will be a bit of a haul, I would for sure be up for playing something after the Heroscape concludes and simply make a full day of it.

Thanks,
Chuck
Hello Big_Boa (a.k.a. Chuck) ~

Welcome to the "Garden State." Check out the "New Jersey?" thread in the "Meet Other Heroscapers" section of the "Community Forum" and you might get a sense of why I feel that I'm the last man standing... Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers New Jersey?

I hope you can make it to this tournament. Dad_Scaper always has a decent number of attendees and The Family Game Store, is a nice location in which to game. Savage, MD is a long haul for us, but I feel that it is worth it. It usually takes me at least 3.5 hours driving time. I live on the coast near Ocean City (south of A.C.), so I'll be driving across the Pine Barrens just to get to the Del Mem Bridge. You should have an easier access to the Interstate Highway system, but that doesn't decrease the actual miles.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day