Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old January 18th, 2009, 08:41 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
U.S. Airways Crash

We live in a world where athletes, musicians, actors etc... are named "heroes".
Now thanks to the pilot of the U.S. Airways plane, and all of the first responders and people who went into the river to save all of those people's live's, now we know what a true hero is.

Check out the video here. Remarkable stuff.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old January 18th, 2009, 09:06 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: U.S. Airways Crash

The fact that everyone got out alive is nothing short of a miracle. Good to see that they do happen.

-insert signature here-
Old January 18th, 2009, 11:55 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That was incredible. I don't think any one on that flight thought they would live. Instead, they all lived. I was watching an interview thing last night, and one of the guys on the plane said "It was the greatest flight of my life. I don't think anything else would have made me rethink my life like that. No more business flights. When I get home, I'm telling my daughter I love her"

It's the best feel-good story I've seen in a while.
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:52 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

From what I heard birds flew into his engine and somehow caused the engine to lose power.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old January 18th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, it collided with a flock of geese, and they got sucked into the turbines.

No Capes!
Old January 18th, 2009, 04:15 PM

Dragonmaster384 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzie Fuzz View Post
No Capes!

Seriously though, this story is just amazing.... Miracle indeed!

8 RotV, 2 MTCB, 4 SotM, 2 BftU, 5 RttFF, 4 VW, 3 TT, 9 FotA, 3 TJ, 2+ of each Unique, 3+ of each Common/Uncommon
Want to count your 'scape?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=32267
Old January 18th, 2009, 04:59 PM

Alee_Brightberry Woo who?

I have another story for you of a plane that "almost" crashed, and a hero that the news never knew about.

My girlfriends brother (GB) was on a international flight, He was seated next to an Air Force (General? I think he said, anyway, high ranking officer) and had been chatting with him the flight.

When it came time to land - it was very windy. The pilot of the plane "waved off" and went around to try again. Air Force Dude (AFD) started to look concerned.

The pilot missed the second time around as well.

AFD was out of his seat and in the cockpit in a heartbeat. Something about if you miss twice you will usually crash the third time. Went and talked to the pilot and somehow managed to convince him to let him take the controls. (turned out AFD was a fighter pilot)

and gave them the ride of their lives. GB said that one minute he was staring at the ceiling of the plane and the next he was staring at the floor. From what he tells us it sounds like AFD did a "carrier landing" with a jumbo jet.

Another unsung hero.....With a whole plane load of people who are thankfull he was there. I really truly think it would have been far different if AFD hadn't been on that plane.

Reality is for people who lack imagination.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General