Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 26th, 2016, 05:48 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Order In The Court

Yes. OM Flexibility is super good. If he's not available I'm not sure if I'd take Karnilla or M.O.D.O.K. first. After that I'd be debating between Mags, Doom, and Mandarin. Then Kang, Deadpool, and Eradicator. I feel like there's a decent chance I don't need to go further down.

~Dysole, making things happen
Old July 26th, 2016, 10:15 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Order In The Court

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Yes. OM Flexibility is super good. If he's not available I'm not sure if I'd take Karnilla or M.O.D.O.K. first. After that I'd be debating between Mags, Doom, and Mandarin. Then Kang, Deadpool, and Eradicator. I feel like there's a decent chance I don't need to go further down.

What's the matter with Hulkbuster Iron Man, Cyborg Superman or Zod? Also, note that Lex Luthor can cause adjacent Hydra Agents to take Wounds for him. And where would you rank Baron Strucker/Hydra Agents?

Last edited by kolakoski; July 26th, 2016 at 10:46 PM.
Old July 26th, 2016, 11:31 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thoughts

Zod is...not a great figure. There's no Cyborg Superman listed. Hulkbuster is solid but he doesn't offer much beyond beatstick (which several other figures give you + other abilities) and there's still a few ways to get around his abilities. Lex can do that ONLY if you get Strucker and Hydra Agents and even then with the figure movement abilities present I'm not sure it's all that great of an ability. Strucker is okay. Apart from Zod none of these figures are figures I would be upset to end up with (although Fury is close because very few of his abilities come into play).

~Dysole, giving you her honest opinion
Old July 27th, 2016, 01:51 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Thoughts

Well met!

Quote:
Zod is...not a great figure. There's no Cyborg Superman listed. Hulkbuster is solid but he doesn't offer much beyond beatstick (which several other figures give you + other abilities) and there's still a few ways to get around his abilities. Lex can do that ONLY if you get Strucker and Hydra Agents and even then with the figure movement abilities present I'm not sure it's all that great of an ability. Strucker is okay. Apart from Zod none of these figures are figures I would be upset to end up with (although Fury is close because very few of his abilities come into play).

My bad! Cyborg Superman was in an earlier draft.

Hulkbuster makes Iron Man a supreme "beatstick". [I call them thugs.] Zod's Special Powers other than Kryptonian Defense are not much good here, true. And practically everybody has a way at him that gets around
Kryptonian Defense. [I had more Kryptonians, including the spy, in an earlier draft. I took them out to keep direct synergy at a minimum.] Perhaps I went too far - for General Zod. He should have included a few of Earth's Kryptonians in his retinue. He'd better recruit the two that are left. Ironic that he's declared himself as strongest for being Kryptonian, and here he is relatively weak. [I knew I was mitigating the Kryptonians, but I didn't realize until now how much.] What a weird scenario! Fury's ability to drop into the center of the Fortress might come in handy. The center will be a bit higher than its surroundings. [Now that I look at it, all your points make sense.]

The Fortress of Solitude
Old July 27th, 2016, 07:17 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Drafting Strategy?

If Hulkbuster is gone. I would consider taking Deadpool with my first pick just because I feel like I can get a lot out of him.

Rogers is top notch among the competitive players. He is one that went through Re-eval because he was too good before but is still incredibly solid for OM control and end game clean up.

I have never used him so I would have been less inclined to pick him but now that Dysole reminded me of his ability I would put him on my shortlist.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 27th, 2016, 12:47 PM

Well met!

I created a similar situation for Judge Death (see spoiler below).

Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

I guess I need to help him out - by inserting a Special Rule expanding General of New Krypton to include: either taking a turn with any Unique Hero you control, or rolling an unblockable attack die against all units adjacent to any one Unique Hero you control. (See War of the Tyrants! - A Sherman Davies Team Game.)

Last edited by kolakoski; July 27th, 2016 at 02:27 PM.
Old July 28th, 2016, 10:24 AM

Re: Thoughts

Well met!

Quote:
If first pick isn't Rogers I will have some serious questions.

~Dysole, who could give more in depth at another time
Quote:

Quote:
Zod is...not a great figure. . . . Hulkbuster is solid but he doesn't offer much beyond beatstick (which several other figures give you + other abilities) and there's still a few ways to get around his abilities. Lex can do that [Treacherous Tactics] ONLY if you get Strucker and Hydra Agents and even then with the figure movement abilities present I'm not sure it's all that great of an ability. Strucker is okay. Apart from Zod none of these figures are figures I would be upset to end up with [Bolding mine] (although Fury is close because very few of his abilities come into play).

This scenario was originally meant to contain roughly 50% Kryptonians, with the rest of the units chosen with every kind of weird power to get around Kryptonian Defense. There was a greater % of lower priced units. I took them out (they're being no match for Zod), and the Kryptonian Spy, all for "balance."

I was shocked, shocked, when Dysole laid out his reasoning for drafting Zod below practically every other unit. At first, I went with it, enjoying the irony of Zod's Egomaniacal Personality embodying the weakest unit. But it just didn't feel right - especially as I went for him (in a Trumpish sort of way).

Emperor of New Earth

[And we look a little bit alike, don't we?]

Did I go too far? Zod now has the power to strike through any of his engaged Heroes (with total impunity, like with the evil Kirk's secret weapon in The Enemy Within (Star Trek: The Original Series)), and is an OM dump (take that, Mr. Draft Rogers First Dysole).

Anyways, I'm thinking he'll get a lot more respect now . . .

Old July 28th, 2016, 10:38 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That certainly makes him much better.

I still feel like I am little use here. Looking forward to Dysole's thoughts.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 28th, 2016, 02:17 PM

Peas In a Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Well met!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Zod is...not a great figure. . . . Hulkbuster is solid but he doesn't offer much beyond beatstick (which several other figures give you + other abilities) and there's still a few ways to get around his abilities. Lex can do that [Treacherous Tactics] ONLY if you get Strucker and Hydra Agents and even then with the figure movement abilities present I'm not sure it's all that great of an ability. Strucker is okay. Apart from Zod none of these figures are figures I would be upset to end up with [Bolding mine] (although Fury is close because very few of his abilities come into play).

This scenario was originally meant to contain roughly 50% Kryptonians, with the rest of the units chosen with every kind of weird power to get around Kryptonian Defense. There was a greater % of lower priced units. I took them out (they're being no match for Zod), and the Kryptonian Spy, all for "balance."

I was shocked, shocked, when Dysole laid out his her reasoning for drafting Zod below practically every other unit. At first, I went with it, enjoying the irony of Zod's Egomaniacal Personality embodying the weakest unit. But it just didn't feel right - especially as I went for him (in a Trumpish sort of way).

Emperor of New Earth

Did I go too far? Zod now has the power to strike through any of his engaged Heroes (with total impunity, like with the evil Kirk's secret weapon in The Enemy Within (Star Trek: The Original Series)), and is an OM dump (take that, Mr. Miss Draft Rogers First Dysole).

Made a few corrections.

Given that you don't have a point restriction, he's one of if not the best option now. Zod's big problem is that for what Zod wants to do, Luthor (II) does it way better. Rogers is still slightly better for OM flexibility due to squads but Zod is arguably the top pick with those changes.

~Dysole, who isn't sure if those changes are too extreme for you. She's very hesitant when it comes to changing figure's powers.
Old July 28th, 2016, 03:08 PM

Re: Peas In a Zod

Well met!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I was shocked, shocked, when Dysole laid out his her reasoning for drafting Zod below practically every other unit. At first, I went with it, enjoying the irony of Zod's Egomaniacal Personality embodying the weakest unit. But it just didn't feel right - especially as I went for him (in a Trumpish sort of way).

Emperor of New Earth

Did I go too far? Zod now has the power to strike through any of his engaged Heroes (with total impunity, like with the evil Kirk's secret weapon in The Enemy Within (Star Trek: The Original Series)), and is an OM dump (take that, Mr. Miss Draft Rogers First Dysole).

Made a few corrections.

Given that you don't have a point restriction, he's one of if not the best option now. Zod's big problem is that for what Zod wants to do, Luthor (II) does it way better. Rogers is still slightly better for OM flexibility due to squads but Zod is arguably the top pick with those changes.

~Dysole, who isn't sure if those changes are too extreme for you. She's very hesitant when it comes to changing figure's powers.
Not too extreme at all. Thanks!

Old July 29th, 2016, 12:25 PM

Re: Order In The Court

Well met!

Quote:

Quote:

Now that Zod has been squared away . . .

I included Karnilla for her Magical Defense. But, otherwise, she's pretty weird. You Will Be Mine scares me in reverse. If the object of her affection avoids her, he/she is quite advantaged. M.O.D.O.K. seems so much more useful. Why were you undecided between them?

And what do you really think about Baron Strucker and the Hydra Agents? How high/low would you rank them in this Draft?

Similarly, what were your issues among "Mags, Doom, and Mandarin"? I know you like moving guys around, but Doom is the prize IMHO among these three.

In any event, that the relative value of the units in the Draft is debatable means "mission accomplished."

Last edited by kolakoski; July 29th, 2016 at 12:40 PM.
Old July 29th, 2016, 12:48 PM

Karnilla is scary. Interesting that you can play her defensively or aggressively try to Mind Control. Just wait until she can cast spells.

- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations