Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 6th, 2006, 11:19 AM

cpare has disabled reputation
Heroscape cards in BaseBall card size!

The group I play with have been worried about damaging our HS cards while playing, so we used one of the online XLS sheets and created our own custom cards to play with. This way when a card gets used as a coaster (it happens) we only need to print another set off.

It's also a huge help when doing draft picks remotely. We each have a full set, so we can e-mail our draft selections to each other during the week - this cuts an hour off our time on the weekend!

We have been playing with the design for a few months, and this one seems to work best, but the group wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on how to make them better. At this point we have not added images to avoid the risk of copyright.

Some of the features to point out:
- Border color is team/army color
- Watermark behind text is team/army symbol
- All the advanced information is represented with the exception of Hit Zones (Copyright)
- Extra wide edges make chopping the edges easier (as there is waste to be used)

Old December 6th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
To save you guys some work there are alot of these available in our downloads under card sized army cards.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old December 6th, 2006, 11:34 AM

I am having a tough time finding them on the DL page - could you post a linky?
Old December 6th, 2006, 11:39 AM

Taylor21279 has disabled reputation
wow those are awesome!

"Show me a Hero, and I'll write you a tragedy" - Fitzgerald
Old December 6th, 2006, 12:32 PM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker
Yes, I must be blind as well, I don't see a download for those cards.

Beautiful, btw.
Old December 6th, 2006, 12:59 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
They're in the gallery, under army cards. Unfortunately not all the cards have been made. I wonder if he plans on ever completing them. I can wish.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:44 PM

Taylor21279 has disabled reputation
I would like to see the rest of the cards, as the ones available are great.

"Show me a Hero, and I'll write you a tragedy" - Fitzgerald
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse
They're in the gallery, under army cards. Unfortunately not all the cards have been made. I wonder if he plans on ever completing them. I can wish.
I've been wishing since Wave 4 came out.

Old December 6th, 2006, 03:41 PM

Tek34 has disabled reputation
Cpare - baseball card size is definately the way to go. The best way I've found to protect the original cards is with Memorex clear CD/DVD Keepers. Most CD/DVD sleeves are slightly too small, but these Memorex sleeves seem to work well.

Even with these sleeves I prefer to use the baseball card sized ones from the gallery here. They take up less table space and when not in use I can organize them in 9 page pockets for quick viewing for army building.
Old December 6th, 2006, 05:50 PM

Although that design looks incredible there just isn't enough room to print the entire special attack for each character in the allowed area. Look at my page where the Airborne writeup takes almost the entire page...

What we are using (Crystal Reports) dynamically generated the cards based on the XLS so we can easly move fields on one card to another location and see the result on every card. Adding a new card is as hard as updating the XLS.

This is good stuff though, as we can potentially try to take the framework for the card and lay it under all the data fields...
Old December 6th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpare
Although that design looks incredible there just isn't enough room to print the entire special attack for each character in the allowed area. Look at my page where the Airborne writeup takes almost the entire page...

What we are using (Crystal Reports) dynamically generated the cards based on the XLS so we can easly move fields on one card to another location and see the result on every card. Adding a new card is as hard as updating the XLS.

This is good stuff though, as we can potentially try to take the framework for the card and lay it under all the data fields...
Ok, now you've piqued my interest :P

I happen to be a CR Writer for the company I work for (along with support and net admin and well you get the picture.

Would you be willing to share the RPT and .xls source?
Old December 7th, 2006, 04:39 PM

I would be happy to share what I have so far, just send your e-mail address to cpare_junk@yahoo.com.

I just got a whole wack of player images, so we are going to add those to the report, but what we really need is someone who is good in Photoshop to make the framework (or something like) the picture above that we all agree looks great. If we could get that we could lay the fields in the correct location in a few minutes and have a complete set...

Even things like the buttons to show the number of lifes could dynamically be displayed (Layered) on the card - what we really need (again) is someone good @ Photoshop that can break this into individual components...

At some point we may need to move this from XLS to MDB so we can store the images in the file in a reportable fashion.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion