Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old July 7th, 2017, 05:10 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Gencon 2017 Event Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
I have an event that overlaps with the start of General Wars- Alliance but it only lasts for an hour, will I be able to go to that and then join in to General Wars when I get back? If not what should I do with the ticket? Does Gencon give refunds on tickets? Iirc correctly I can take tickets up to the counter in the event halls if I want a refund right?
Ditto everything Ry said.

We would take a ticket late and try to get you in. You'd miss whatever matches you missed, of course, but when the next round starts we can get you in the mix.
(If there's an odd number of players, there may be a bye, etc... but if people have tickets and want to play, we want them to play.)

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old August 7th, 2017, 07:10 PM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker

In the team up do each of you get 12 spaces or 12 all together. Thanks
Old August 10th, 2017, 10:30 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I am not able to go, but just some questions - are all the events sold out (including learn-to-play)? If not, which ones are left? If sold out, is there any chance to add more maps/tables and take generics for those who did not sign up in time?
Old August 10th, 2017, 10:44 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I am not able to go, but just some questions - are all the events sold out (including learn-to-play)? If not, which ones are left? If sold out, is there any chance to add more maps/tables and take generics for those who did not sign up in time?
Link to event list on Gen Con website. Right now, only the learn-to-play events and 4x300 are sold out.

Last I heard, they try to accommodate extra people with generics if there are maps available. Priority is given to those who arrive on time with dedicated event tickets.
Old August 10th, 2017, 04:09 PM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker

Um.. can anyone answer my question?? In the team up does the team get 12 spaces all together or 12 each( so 24 spaces all together
Old August 10th, 2017, 04:29 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@zeekthefreak - This was answered earlier in the thread. NP, we all miss things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Is that twelve hexes per person in team or only 6 hexes per person in team?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnubianWolf88 View Post
12 total hexes. How you and your teammate divide them up is up to you.
So since it is 800 point army, 12 hex, where each player must control within 2 hexes & 100 points of their teammate, think of it as each player has:
5-7 hexes (or less if you are shy of 12 hexes combined) and 350-450 points (or less if you are shy of 800 points combined). Basically squashed common squads in multiples.
Old August 12th, 2017, 12:00 AM

Heirloom knows what's in an order marker Heirloom knows what's in an order marker

I am not able to attend GenCon this year, but I just wanted to say that I love the new/updated tournament formats. Organizers and community volunteers: thanks for keeping this going!
Old August 14th, 2017, 08:08 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Can anyone guesstimate the number of people that will be at GenCon?
I'm talking badge holders, workers & other.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old August 14th, 2017, 08:13 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It's sold out, buddy. Event badges and day badges. Everything.

Imagine as many as last year, and add ~10%. That's my guess. That makes ~60,000?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 15th, 2017, 02:12 AM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Heads up for anyone still checking this:

If there is a sold out event (say 4x400) but open slots from other events (say Magic), we will try to add more slots to the sold out event. You can use other tickets/generics of an equivalent amount.

(Of course if we've got 48 total players in a time slot, there won't be any more room. I think only the main event will have this problem.)

Travel safe everyone!

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old August 15th, 2017, 02:15 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Of course if we've got 48 total players in a time slot, there won't be any more room. I think only the main event will have this problem.
Will even the main event have this problem? I know one person was turned away in 2011 but I thought everyone got in off the wait list every other year, at least since 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Travel safe everyone!
Thanks, you too! See you soon.
Old August 15th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It was tight last year, I know that because Brad & I needed generics and it was unclear whether everybody would get in.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con