Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 15th, 2011, 10:41 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Deathwalker 7000

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadliest Warrior View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavebehr View Post
I have not read every post in the thread but this unit is probably best used with theracus as a hero bomb. Carry him as fast as possible to your opponnents start zone let him explode and try to do as much damage as possible. I think there is a carry bomb thread somewhere, can they tie those to each of the units that are used?
It's a good idea, but you can't use Theracus and then DWK7 in the same turn, so you risk having DWK7 being struck down before he can deliver the payload. Also, if the placement is crowded, DWK7 risks blowing Theracus to kingdom come as well.
Still, I suppose it could work in the best of situations. All Heroscape is situational, and that situation would come up more than likely 7 times out of 10. Gotta try it next time I see the opportunity!
It's always possible to drop off DW7K about 5/6 spaces away from his intended target. After all, on his turn, he can still move. It may be better yet to save this tactic for the endgame, and instead leave DW7K on a powerful glyph or use his Stealth Dodge to hit a pesky ranged unit or 2.
Yeah - I always manage to take out a Krav Maga Agent or two with DWK7 - and he's a big threat to other Deathwalkers with their one life and inability to defend against the explosion!

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old June 16th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

I remember someone saying that a defense of seven for 7000 is only about 1.4x better than the 3 of the krav's. I disagree. Whoever it was used the chances of it working vs each other, but it makes a much bigger difference when you compare the chances of it not working. It is more like 4x as effective when you look at it that way.

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old June 16th, 2011, 12:36 AM

BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker

Good old Deathwalker 7000. Just a warning to everyone about to read this -- I'm a big fan of Deathwalker 7000 and consider him to be one of the most undervalued figures in the game (just behind Dund and Hatamoto Taro).

That being said, I've notice that the last several posts have been all about running Deathwalker 7000 into someone's start zone and blowing up as many figures as you possibly can. All I can say is: What a waste. If you simply play DW 7000 as a moving bomb, you're unlikely to gain anything by playing him. Frankly, most people tend to think along the lines of "If he can get in there and deal 8 wounds…" Let's be honest, you have to get a 20 for that. Not going to happen all the time.

Self-destruct, however, makes a great threat. While you're sitting there wishing you hadn't played DW 7000, your opponent is sitting there thinking "He's not likely to get a 20, but what if he does…" I've played a number of games where DW 7000 has only to move onto a road space and I gain all the board control I would ever want. Nobody wants any big heroes within move of DW 7000 so they'll go out of their way, sometimes sacrificing glyphs, height, or other key points, to stay out of DW 7000's range. Use that.

I've also noticed that many people here really dislike playing against a Q9. Why? Because he's dangerous and so very hard to kill with his 7 defense. Guess what -- DW 7000 has 7 defense. Oh wow! He has stealth dodge too. What does your opponent have to do to kill a figure if he doesn't want to be within 6 spaces of it? Shoot if from range. That just ain't going to work with DW 7000. Never mind the fact that 7 defense holds up fairly well even without Stealth Dodge (As Q9 often shows). You just can't let DW 7000 get pinned down. Eventually you'll roll nothing. It happens. Just keep that in mind and don't allow people to line up a hundred shots at DW 7000. If he does get pinned down? Well, we just revert to our old friend Self-Destruct.

More than that, however, these things all combine into a fairly effective end-game figure. Sure, you might want to bring him out early, but just as a threat. When you really want him moving around a lot is in the end game. He's great at tracking down squad figures and more than a few of the typical "Clean-up" figures. He's got high move and huge resistance to ranged attacks. This means that he can easily get next to your opponent's last few figures and deal with them 1 on 1. Remember, your opponent is still unlikely to group figures together while DW 7000 is running around.

This has probably been said before, but I haven't gotten my digs in yet. For all those out there that consider Deathwalker 7000 a sub-par figure, let me leave you with one last example. The last time I played DW 7000, he performed like a champ. He made sure my opponent was more concerned with staying away from Self-Destruct for most of the game. Unfortunately, the dice weren't rolling my way, so my army collapsed somewhat early, leaving my opponent's Q9 and 2 full squads of 4th Massachusetts Line to deal with a lonely DW 7000 and Isamu. Because my opponent was unwilling to group his figures for fear of Self-Destruct, DW 7000 was able to track down the 4th and deal with them 1 on 1. The best part was that the 4th rarely had any order markers on them at all. Why? Because they were all on Q9 so he could stay far away from DW 7000. With only 4 life, Q9 does not want to get too close and was ineffective trying to pound away at range. The game ended when my DW finished with the 4th and ran up to Q9, exploding. Q9 was utterly destroyed and I won the match. Gotta love old DW 7000.

BoneSnap's Customs
Helm's Deep
Old June 16th, 2011, 09:45 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@BoneSnap: I would also say that Q9 is one of 7K's BEST MATCHUPS. Q9 can't hit him from range very well, and 7K has the speed to close the distance fairly fast. If I'm not mistaken, 7K only has to roll a 16 in order to take out a FULL-HEALTH Q9.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:06 AM

ladidadi.davis Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
@BoneSnap: I would also say that Q9 is one of 7K's BEST MATCHUPS. Q9 can't hit him from range very well, and 7K has the speed to close the distance fairly fast. If I'm not mistaken, 7K only has to roll a 16 in order to take out a FULL-HEALTH Q9.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for some Q9 smack down, but that's a 100 point gamble on a 1 in 4 chance of killing. That being said, there still is a chance to inflict some non-fatal wounds on him. Still at a rather big cost.

Last edited by ladidadi.davis; June 16th, 2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:54 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladidadi.davis View Post
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for some Q9 smack down, but that's a 100 point gamble on a 1 in 4 chance of killing. That being said, there still is a chance to inflict some non-fatal wounds on him. Still at a rather big cost.
... and a simple screen virtually eliminates the threat to Q9.
Old December 9th, 2012, 02:33 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladidadi.davis View Post
Quote:
... and a simple screen virtually eliminates the threat to Q9.
However, Q9 with a screen is pretty much impervious to anything anyway....
Old April 11th, 2014, 10:01 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I found it quite fascinating that in a theory-scaping contest, where the only army building restriction was a 12 life maximum on your army, (no customs allowed) that Deathwalker 7000 was used in 25% of the armies (out of 32)

His value skyrockets in a game if life totals are equalized because if he goes off he is going to do his 'life's worth', and probably more.

Of course, soaking order markers into him may still not make him worth it while your opponent starts claiming height, glyphs, and board control. But a significant percentage of people found the ticking time bomb to be worth it in that particular format. In fact, he was the 4th most used figure in that contest (behind the Major and his Deathwalker brothers)
Old April 6th, 2015, 06:05 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Deathwalker 7000
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 11th, 2023, 08:54 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

At HexiCon main event, which was Delta VC Rule of 11, I brought:
Quote:
Bol, Deathcommander Mark 3, Deathwalker 7000, Deathwalker 8000, Zettian Infantry x3
I went 2 and 2 but favorite moment of the event was definitely against @Awstin36teen and his Wildwoods where I was behind with Deathcommander Mark 3 and 1/2 my Zettian Infantry dead, in a round I used my Zettian Infantry and Deathwalker 8000 to kill both his Wildwood Sentinels, and then used my Deathwalker 7000 to self destruct and rolled a 16 to kill his Wildwood Monarch, which allowed me to win the game! How often does DW7K Self-Destruct and actually win the game in a main even tournament? This might be the first time ever, or if not must be pretty rare.
Old July 6th, 2023, 01:32 AM

manger has disabled reputation

Tie?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units