Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 17th, 2010, 06:50 PM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart
Re: Vancouver WA/Portland OR NHSD 2010

Had a great time as usual,everyone was a great sport and it was cool to meet some new folks.Thanks for runnin this Bahde even with all the other things you got goin right now.

I'll post some battle reports later on tonight hopefully.
Old October 17th, 2010, 07:07 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker

My army: Braxas, Rhogar Dragonspine, Ana Karithon, Heirloom, Raelin (RotV), Isamu (600 pts)

Round 1
vs Marcus (Iron Golem, Cyprien Esenwein, Raelin (RotV), Iskra Esenwein, Sonya Esenwein, Fire Elemental, Marcu Esenwein, Rechetes of Bogdan, and I think one squad of the Axegrinders of the Burning Forge)
on Spring Thaw (Pit Trap and Initiative glyphs)

Marcus started out advancing with Iskra and Cyprien, while I tried to find a good spot to park Raelin. I moved up Braxas, trying to melt the two vampires, but Iskra was able to move close to Raelin and got his Rechets out on the first try. They immediately dropped Ana with a triple-skull shot and put some wounds on Raelin. Cyprien also advanced and tried to take out Raelin, but Braxas caught up to him and made him pay with his un-life. Braxas and Rhogar finished off the Rechets and Iskra, but by the time they were done, Raelin dropped. Marcus' Iron Golem then strode into the mix, finishing off Braxas before dropping to Rhogar's attacks.

I think it was Marcus' Fire Elemental that strolled through the snow and finished off Rhogar. The heartbrokern Sonya, trying to nab the unrevealed glyph in the unused corner of the map, found herself stuck in a pit trap. As the battle wore on, it came down to my wounded Heirloom and Isamu against his Sonya and Marcu. Marcu flipped on him twice, but I was unable to make use of the opportunity. Heirloom finished off Sonya before dying which gave Marcu a much-needed life. Isamu managed to vanish a couple of times, but eventually fell, giving Marcus (and Marcu), the win.

Loss (0-1, 580 pts destroyed)

As we waited for Round 2 to start, I was talking to Greg Jr.. He had won his first match and I told him "Well, you'll lose your next match, and I'll win mine. Then we'll meet in round 3 and I'll beat you." He didn't believe me (ahh, youth).

Round 2
vs Greg Sr. (Greater Ice Elemental, Kurrok the Elementalist, 5 x Fire Elementals, 3 x Air Elementals, 2 x Water Elementals, Sahuagin Raider)
on an unnamed Marvel map (+1 Attack glyph)

Greg moved up his Fire Elementals first, and did some damage, but Braxas was able to get past the screen and started wreaking havoc in Greg's starting zone. After melting two or three small elementals, I tried a normal attack to take down Kurrok, which whiffed badly. On the next turn, I opted for the acid breath and it paid off big-time with a dead Kurrok (and another small elemental). Greg meanwhile had turned up the +1 Attack glyph and combined attacks took down Braxas. The rest of the battle was frustrating for Greg. Although he took out Raelin, Rhogar and Ana kept healing the damage my heroes suffered. By the time the battle was over, my four surviving heroes were all wound-free.

Win (1-1, 1180 pts destroyed)

As Paul was determining the pairings for round 3 he mentioned that I would indeed play Greg Jr. Three of the four parts of my prediction had come true…

Round 3
vs Greg Jr. (Rhogar Dragonspine, Iron Golem, Raelin (RotV), Zetacron, Isamu, 3 x Warforged Soldiers)
on Just Passing Through (Pit Trap and Initiative glyphs)

With my first turn, I moved Raelin to the glyph within reach and got stuck in a pit trap. I didn't mind too much as I didn't plan on moving her much after that. Then I launched the Braxas missile. She was able to take out 2/3 of his Warforged and Zetacron before dropping to an Iron Golem attack. The next round or two were a blur as Greg Jr lost his Iron Golem, his Raelin, and all but one of his Warforged (which was parked on the Initiative glyph) and I lost Raelin, Ana, and Heirloom. This left us each with a Rhogar and Isamu, plus he still had his warforged parked on the glyph.

Thanks to some healing from Ana before she died, my Rhogar was at full health while Greg's was half-wounded. That turned out to be the difference. Our two Rhogar's met and squared off toe-to-toe for four straight turns with no wounds. Then his Rhogar landed a 3-wound shot on mine, evening things up. However, on the next turn, I rolled all four skulls and he got only one shield. After that, his Isamu failed to vanish (which is par for the course with Gregory and Isamu) and dropped. The last Warforged Soldier proved to be a tricky. Gregory positioned him well in a spot where he could continually tactially switch to ensure height advantage no matter where I put Rhogar. The little guy lasted three or four turns before Rhogar finally finished him off.

Win (2-1, 1780 pts destroyed) (and a prophecy fulfilled )

Round 4

vs Yagyunina (Braxas, Krug, Marcu Esenwein, 5 x Goblin Cutters)
on Just Passing Through (Initiative and an unrevelaed glyph)

Braxas managed to melt several of the Goblin Cutters, but as Yag said in his battle reports, they hacked up Braxas pretty easily. It didn't help that Braxas whiffed on more acid breath attempts than average. Yag's Braxas got near the rest of my heroes and I think he melted Ana before Rhogar hacked the dragon down. Then Krug came in and just made mincemeat of everybody. This was yet another tournament loss to Yaguyninja, making him a perfect 5-0 against me if I'm not mistaken.

Loss (2-2, 2048 pts destroyed)

Round 5
vs Justin?/Ullarfan (Krug, Raelin (RotV), Deadeye Dan, Tagawa Samurai, Krav Maga, 2 x Marro Stingers)
on Husk of the Holdfast (unsure of the glyphs)

This battle started off great for me. I launched Braxas ahead and started raining down acid on the squads in his start zone. All of the Krav Maga, one Tagawa Samurai, and four of the Marro Stingers were dead almost immediately. Then, a switch was flipped somewhere and it all came crashing down. As if I didn't have enough trouble with Krug in the previous round, the troll was even more deadly this time. With Raelin positioned on the glyph in the middle, Krug was always within her aura. And with my less-than stellar attack rolls, I was only able to make Krug angry with a wound here and there. And we all know an angry Krug is no fun to deal with. Compounding the problem, I missed most of my healing rolls with Rhogar and Ana as Krug single-handedly killed my entire army (I think he got one turn with the Stingers in the early round, but the rest was literally all Krug). The Krav, the Samurai, and Deadeye Dan were never activated.

Loss (2-3, 2398 pts destroyed)

Thanks for another fun tournament Bahde.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old October 18th, 2010, 03:57 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker

I have someone's table prize here too, if you left yours...please message me and we can make arrangements to get it to you somehow.
Old October 19th, 2010, 02:44 AM

The table prize has been claimed.

Dev, could you mention to Greg Sr. that I think I figured out what our (ie MY) confusion was in our discussion of the fire elementals.....I think I misunderstood what he said in his turn but regardless -- he was/is correct.
Old October 19th, 2010, 08:56 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dang! Sounds like it was a fun event! I'm sorry we missed it. Oh well, there's always next time.

If anyone took any pics it would be cool to see the action!

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old October 20th, 2010, 03:35 PM

Keep checking the Events page....I will have another event posted probably next week--looking for the third weekend in January.
Old October 20th, 2010, 08:38 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sweet! I'll keep eye out!

Thanks!

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old October 21st, 2010, 06:32 PM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

Once again a great job hosting Paul- hopefully next time you get to play as well. Thank you.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day