Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old August 16th, 2010, 12:47 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Bay Area Brawl - NHSD'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfang View Post
Thanks Ronin! That's really helpful and nice ! I'll post whatever I'll need (I won't ask for much, probably one or two squads at most) once the point limit is decided and the maps are figured out.

I was thinking of using Omnicron Snipers since they are the only guys I have multiples of, but then I realized they won't do so hot on flat maps and that I need Repulsors to make them somewhat effective. But since I can borrow some squads, I can use an actually effective army

The 10th Seem like a pretty good unit > : D
Like RV said, with 450-500 points you could build an army with 2-4 heroes & any 1 or 2 different common or unique squads with bonding or some other synergy with one (or more) of your heroes.

People with 4x commons are in the minority, unless they are from multiple master sets. From the waves & expansions I have one of everything, then a handfull of 2x squads, three 3x & two 4x (so far.)

PS: use the Books of Heroscape to double check those synergies:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=8099

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN

Last edited by Carnival Man; August 16th, 2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old August 16th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My collection seems similar to Carnival man's. The first squad I got multiples of was the Deathreavers. Everybody hates them, but they can give you so many options to fill out the behind the screen points.
Old August 16th, 2010, 09:11 AM

Winin Woo who?

Hey guys,

I have this on my calendar. Unless a work emergency comes up, I'll be there. And I like the format. I like to see what armies people put together, and I'll be especially interested to see how others use my army.
Old August 16th, 2010, 09:25 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm in! I vote for something offbeat like 465 points.

Marvel OK?

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old August 16th, 2010, 01:03 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker

I'd like to go but I don't know if I'll be available or not, so don't sign me up yet.

If this is a tournament where one is trying to win (as opposed to just a series of fun games), and if contributed army wins are not a major factor in overall ranking (like, if they're just a tiebreaker), then it seems to me the incentive would be to bring a really horrible army - you play it once only, then several others have to play it.

Just sayin'.
Old August 16th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Signed you guys up! Grim's got a question mark by his name though. I'm gonna say no Marvel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
I'd like to go but I don't know if I'll be available or not, so don't sign me up yet.

If this is a tournament where one is trying to win (as opposed to just a series of fun games), and if contributed army wins are not a major factor in overall ranking (like, if they're just a tiebreaker), then it seems to me the incentive would be to bring a really horrible army - you play it once only, then several others have to play it.

Just sayin'.
That's where you getting points each time the army you brings is supposed to make a difference. If you go 4-1 and the army you brought to the event goes 0-5, and someone else goes 4-1 but the army they brought goes 4-1 also, they will beat you pretty handily for points. The question then becomes, should your personal record trump your army record? I can see arguments either way.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old August 16th, 2010, 01:38 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm personally of the opinion that your army record should be weighted equally to your personal record. But...

the army record would only contribute to your score at the end of the tournament - it would not be used to determine ranking during play (for pairings).

I also like to include "Tips on Playing this Army" with my army. I figure it might help those players who aren't as familiar with all the units and synergies as I am to utilize my army as effectively as they can.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old August 16th, 2010, 01:51 PM

Grimfang Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post

I also like to include "Tips on Playing this Army" with my army. I figure it might help those players who aren't as familiar with all the units and synergies as I am to utilize my army as effectively as they can.

~Z
That would be helpful! Haha, at the last tournament against Menchi, I was using his McDirk warriors + Alastair, and I had no clue how to use them to save my life. Thankfully, he gave me tips to use the next time I use them, but I would've liked to see how that game would've turned out had I known how to use them.

Then again, if they include tips, wouldn't that lessen some of the skill involved? I guess some players should be able to adapt? I dunno, it would be helpful but I can see how leaving tips would make a player better right on the spot.

Got my Nakitas

*I have a long way to go to achieve total Heroscape Overload... *sigh*
Have had excellent trading experience with : Pilgrim
Old August 16th, 2010, 02:06 PM

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There is a difference between handing out pointers, and playing the army for someone. I see no reason why a couple of bullet points on the army card isn't a good idea. to cmgames for the idea.

Old August 16th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Reigning Nor-Cal Champion

Menchi has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
It's for this reason that I'm with cmgames in that your army's record should weigh in evenly with your own. I'd hate to lose my trophy because I got stuck with someone's Did-It-For-The-Lulz-Troll Army, when my own army went flawless.

If they're weighted evenly, pairings will have to be handled carefully. It could well happen that the person that goes 5-0 has an army that went 4-1. Whereas there could be several 4-1 players that have armies that go 5-0. Could lead to some sticky situations.

Ideally everyone will bring as strong an army as they can muster. Whoever ends up going 5-0 will do so from strength of play with a decent army, rather than being the lucky chap that randomly drew the best armies for each matchup.
Old August 16th, 2010, 04:32 PM

GeneralGrievous13 is surprisingly tart

My Dad and I won't be able to attend, as October 16th is the same day that we will be taking our 1962 Ford Falcon to the 20th Annual Falcon Club of America Pacific Regional Car Show.

I hope that you guys have a lot of fun, and I look forward to any battle reports after the tournament.
Old August 16th, 2010, 05:45 PM

Sorry to hear you're going to miss out again, GenGrevious. Enjoy the car show!

I'm agreeing with cmgames and Menchi here. Weighing them equally, but only adding them together at the end of the day so matches are determined by your player win/loss makes sense to me. The question becomes, what is the goal of the tourney. To be the best player, or to bring the best army? I would assume the former. So in the case of a final tie, with a player playing 5-0 and his army going 4-1 and a player playing 4-1 and his army going 5-0, the player who played 5-0 will take the trophy home, and the other player takes 2nd. And if two players finish 4-1 and one has a 3-2 army record and the other a 4-1 army record, the second player is the champion.

How does this sound to everyone?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day