Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old November 27th, 2016, 03:45 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Hah! When I saw all that Heroscape terrain last night on Tabletop Commanders, I had to wonder if that was you @Hahma .

The game sounds really fun.
That me Keglo

Yeah, I posted a little bit on there, as well as doing a battle report thread on the Halo Ground Command Facebook page.

I have Sergeants Miniatures Game to cover my WWII tabletop miniatures itch, though I'm so tempted by Bolt Action . But I already have close to $1,000 in Sergeants and should be getting a few vehicles from them in a month or so, that it just wouldn't make sense to get into another WWII minis game.

I had wanted to get into a SciFi minis game rather than another historical one, and as it happened, Halo Ground Command came out and I jumped in it. So now that's where a bit of my gaming funds are going to be dedicated as more expansions come out. I'm hoping to get a Scorpion tank and Wraith tank soon too. Not cheap, but that's the way of minis gaming.

What games do you play that you go onto Tabletop Commanders for?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 27th, 2016, 04:01 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
That me Keglo

Yeah, I posted a little bit on there, as well as doing a battle report thread on the Halo Ground Command Facebook page.
Oh yeah, it actually might have been the HGC Facebook page that I saw that on. I get the two pages mixed up sometimes.

Quote:
I don't actually play anything that those guys play. I go there because you turned me on to them and the HGC page

I subscribe to those pages so that I can marvel at the awesome paint jobs and hopefully get some painting tips. I also like to learn what I can about what awesome games are out there. I just might see something that I can't live without.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old November 28th, 2016, 06:52 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
That me Keglo

Oh yeah, it actually might have been the HGC Facebook page that I saw that on. I get the two pages mixed up sometimes.

Quote:
I don't actually play anything that those guys play. I go there because you turned me on to them and the HGC page

I subscribe to those pages so that I can marvel at the awesome paint jobs and hopefully get some painting tips. I also like to learn what I can about what awesome games are out there. I just might see something that I can't live without.

Well here's another one for you to check out

Knight Models SuperHeroes Universe (DCUMG&MUUMG) Facebook page

Superhero line by Knight Models. Great paint jobs and some neat table setups.

Old November 28th, 2016, 08:45 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

[QUOTE=Hahma;2122958]
I have Sergeants Miniatures Game to cover my WWII tabletop miniatures itch, though I'm so tempted by Bolt Action . But I already have close to $1,000 in Sergeants and should be getting a few vehicles from them in a month or so, that it just wouldn't make sense to get into another WWII minis game.
[\QUOTE]

Bolt Action is really good and you could probably play using your Sergeant's minis to try it out.

Finally got in some decent and sustained gaming over the long weekend.
2X Scythe, 3X Blood Bowl, Merchants and Marauders, Gallerist, 2x Colt Express with the Stagecoach, and 2X Arcadia Quest.
Old November 28th, 2016, 11:36 AM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Big weekend of gaming with family.

Coup x10
One Night Ultimate Werewolf x19
Sequence x8
Codenames x3
Emergence x3
Love Letter x3
Mysterium x2
Sushi Go Party x2
Caverna x1
Dixit x1
Hanabi x1
Patchwork x1
Robinson Crusoe x1
Sheriff of Nottingham x1
Ticket to Ride x1

Had a great time with most of them as usual. Continually impressed by Sushi Go Party, such a great expansion of the original concept that really gives it more replayability.

Else got some Christmas orders in for board games, including the gift to myself of A Feast for Odin. Likely will be playing solo tonight and hoping to get in some real plays of it soon. I simply love most of Uwe Rosenberg's harvest series games (Caverna is one of my favorite games of all time, I love Agricola and Le Havre as well) so I suspect this will be another that I simply adore. If it's anything like the others, it will be yet another game that I really like but struggle to get others to play with me though...

Ah well. As usual I'll just keep telling myself I'll eventually find gamers who really like those type of games too, or that I'm slowly working on others who will grow to love those heavy games as well.

I really do love punching out bits and stuff for a new game as well, and a Feast for Odin is one of the greatest games ever in that regard. Such an absurd number of punchboards and chits to remove and organize. Loving it already haha.

Else got some new stuff for Cory that I'm really excited about as well, looking forward to Christmas when I get to play his/our new games.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old November 28th, 2016, 11:38 AM
Prickly Cactus

[quote=Gurei-Ornery;2123006]
Quote:
[\QUOTE]

Bolt Action is really good and you could probably play using your Sergeant's minis to try it out.

2X Scythe, 3X Blood Bowl, Merchants and Marauders, Gallerist, 2x Colt Express with the Stagecoach, and 2X Arcadia Quest.
Oh I really think I'd like it G-O, that's what I'm afraid of.

I've seen several play through videos on Beasts of War, so I'm pretty familiar with the system and think it's great. So for me, I'd pretty much have to go all in, as I wouldnt be able to only settle for the restricted options with the number of Sergeants soldiers I have. I might have 24 Germans and 18 U.S. and 14 British. But for Sergeants, you only use between 5-9 per player, so that leaves plenty of options for that game. Using them for Bolt Action would limit my options as they uses more figures. Though, I should be getting a Sdkfz 250, a Panzer IV and a Sherman for Sergeants in a month or so, and that would add some options. We'll see, perhaps someday.

As it is, I'm still trying to learn Halo Ground Command, as it has over 100 page rulebook. Then I think the new rules for vehicles for Sergeants is over 30 pages, and Gloomhaven should be coming in January, and that's a beast of a game.

How do you like Scythe and The Gallerist? I really enjoy Scythe and have about 15 plays in. I really want to try The Gallerist. I was thinking about getting it, but my buddy Brian got it but we have yet to get it to the table.

Old November 28th, 2016, 11:53 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

[quote=Hahma;2123018]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
[\QUOTE]

Oh I really think I'd like it G-O, that's what I'm afraid of.

I've seen several play through videos on Beasts of War, so I'm pretty familiar with the system and think it's great. So for me, I'd pretty much have to go all in, as I wouldnt be able to only settle for the restricted options with the number of Sergeants soldiers I have. I might have 24 Germans and 18 U.S. and 14 British. But for Sergeants, you only use between 5-9 per player, so that leaves plenty of options for that game. Using them for Bolt Action would limit my options as they uses more figures. Though, I should be getting a Sdkfz 250, a Panzer IV and a Sherman for Sergeants in a month or so, and that would add some options. We'll see, perhaps someday.

As it is, I'm still trying to learn Halo Ground Command, as it has over 100 page rulebook. Then I think the new rules for vehicles for Sergeants is over 30 pages, and Gloomhaven should be coming in January, and that's a beast of a game.

How do you like Scythe and The Gallerist? I really enjoy Scythe and have about 15 plays in. I really want to try The Gallerist. I was thinking about getting it, but my buddy Brian got it but we have yet to get it to the table.
I like Gallerist quite a bit. I always like games I can solo as well as play with a group and both this and Scythe fit that bill. Both are just beautiful to have on the table as well. Scythe is easier to get people to play as Gallerist is for a more sophisticated palette.

EDIT: Re-read your question. I love Scythe and have played 6 games so far.
Old November 28th, 2016, 12:12 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post

I like Gallerist quite a bit. I always like games I can solo as well as play with a group and both this and Scythe fit that bill. Both are just beautiful to have on the table as well. Scythe is easier to get people to play as Gallerist is for a more sophisticated palette.

EDIT: Re-read your question. I love Scythe and have played 6 games so far.
Yeah, Scythe is beautiful for sure, especially with the Collectors Edition, and Gallerist looks nice too from pictures I've seen. I agree, Scythe would be easier to get people to play. Gallerist is more for those that might play Panamax or Food Chain Magnate, both of which I've played and enjoyed.

Old November 28th, 2016, 05:30 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Well here's another one for you to check out

Knight Models SuperHeroes Universe (DCUMG&MUUMG) Facebook page

Superhero line by Knight Models. Great paint jobs and some neat table setups.
Thanks Hahma! It say's I'm already a member

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old November 29th, 2016, 04:28 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Played A Feast for Odin last night solo. And I love it. I can't stop thinking about it. I want to go play it again. And again. And again.

I'm very much hoping to get to play this week multiplayer. I will need to get more plays in to be sure, but I think this may well supplant Agricola/Caverna and become my favorite game of all time. There are just so many things I love about it. And I really like the fact that it plays so well solo. To me it really feels like a culmination of a lot of Uwe's best ideas into one great game. The puzzling element of Patchwork is here and gives you plenty to do and think about even when it's not your turn. The occupations element taken from Agricola is sure to give this massive replay ability and easy avenue for minor expansions to keep things fresh. The massive action board dripping with numerous options is reminiscent of his Fields of Arle. And of course there are feeding phases replete with the customary harvests and animal breeding that inhabit most of Uwe's big box games (Agricola, Le Havre, Caverna, Ora et Labora).

I suspect anyone who is a fan of Uwe's games will love A Feast for Odin as well. I'm guessing this may have enough different and interesting elements to make most gamers have fun as long as they are able to cope with the complexity (for it is a fairly heavy game to get into and understand for the first time, as there is plenty going on).

I'm sure I'll have better thoughts later but for now I'm just so hyped to play whenever I can again.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old December 3rd, 2016, 01:26 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Played Star Trek Ascendancy with Taeblewalker and a pal of his I met for the first time. Will be playing it again with new contacts from bgg Sunday. The two Cardassian and Ferengi expansions which will allow for 4-5 player games have been delayed until January (?) even though one was used for demos at GenCon.

Got my missing Star Base top from GF 9 and painted it up for the last game. Also painted the numbers on the Fleet markers, making them easier to read.

I won an Ascendancy victory as the Romulans, as the others were busy whomping on each other. The Romulans win more games so far than either the Federation or the Klingons here, although all have won.

We are currently using two special rules from the back of the rules book; Additional Starting Resources and Focused Research. A few others have been tried but discarded.

Played Cry Havoc once more, using the eight new Promo Terrain Cards. Since it takes only two hours (as opposed to Ascendancy, which is a long 4X game), its a perfect second game. Still haven't managed a live 4 Player yet, but it will happen. The brand new FAQ 2.0 pretty much tightens up the rules, and is now available on boardgamegeek.
Old December 5th, 2016, 07:35 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Ran another game of Star Trek Ascendancy yesterday, teaching it to a new couple I just met through boardgamegeek. She works at a local game store and got him into board gaming. I love it!

He had his ships destroyed on almost every possible die roll! She lost a fleet to him in a Space Battle! I (as Romulans) discovered four worlds, each with a possible Culture Node location or an Open Node, and had a 3 to 3 Trade Agreement with him (Federation)!

While I never fought a battle, he drew that Exploration card (Orion Trader?) that had him switch an Advancement card with me, and I got the one that allows the Federation to build a Detector to nullify the Romulan Cloaking Tech!!! Did I develop it so it wouldn't go back to him? Yes, indeedy I did. So in a battle, I would have been an odds on favorite; which is part of why I didn't have to fight any.

Although we didn't quite finish the game, I was certainly the favorite to win. But we all had fun; so we all won, and they want to play again. Nice.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games