Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old April 9th, 2012, 11:57 AM

Ghostship is surprisingly tart
Like Heroscape Video Game - MW Tactics

http://www.youtube.com/user/MWarriorTactics

If this were a stand alone title, modding would be a serious option.

I can't believe that Hasbro, and WoTC don't jump all over these guys to inject their license, or license it in parallel.
Old April 9th, 2012, 12:05 PM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Like Heroscape Video Game - MW Tactics

that looks REALLY cool

PM me about any custom scenery
Old April 9th, 2012, 12:13 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the link. That game looks great!

There have been so many Turn based strategy games that it really is a shame that Hasbro didn't go this route with Heroscape since there were plenty of examples to springboard from.

The way I was able to get a friend interested in Heroscape was to explain to him that it was very similar to games like Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, and Disgaea games.

I've even played games like the ones you linked and thinking back those would be a perfect example of how Heroscape could work in video game form.

This is probably for another thread, but Hasbro and WoTC never knew how to market a game like Heroscape. They relied on cheesy commercials to sell when a game like this should have been marketed like Pokemon, Transformers, or some other "gotta catch em all" game.
Old April 9th, 2012, 12:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Man that really is Heroscape on the computer. I know it will never happen but it would have been great to see Heroscape in that format.
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wow. That is the closest thing to real Battletech (the board game)I have seen since Titans of Steel and first official game since MechWarrior for the Amiga. That looks like it would port over to Heroscape easily. No surprise, I bought Heroscape because I thought I could use the maps for Battletech (I have never played BT since I bought HS). That games sounds incredible.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:48 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

One of the big draws for me was the similarity between HS and Final Fantasy Tactics.
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:54 PM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

OK, that's cool. I may have to play!

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old April 9th, 2012, 02:13 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Any one good at modding?

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old April 9th, 2012, 02:18 PM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostship View Post
I can't believe that Hasbro, and WoTC don't jump all over these guys to inject their license, or license it in parallel.
Just curious... why should they?
Old April 9th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Because it could be a real money maker. I had not thought of this before but they could easily sell the figures individually and virtually. They could have a system where you build up points through victories that allows you to buy new/more figures but of course you could spend real money for points. They could also make some units rare, like Raelin. Being able to win/lose units to/from other payers would also be cool.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 9th, 2012, 03:02 PM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Because it could be a real money maker. I had not thought of this before but they could easily sell the figures individually and virtually. They could have a system where you build up points through victories that allows you to buy new/more figures but of course you could spend real money for points. They could also make some units rare, like Raelin. Being able to win/lose units to/from other payers would also be cool.
Not to mention since it's browser based advertising.

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old April 9th, 2012, 03:24 PM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!

That's funny..lol. My friends and I explain HS to others as Final Fantasy Tactics : The Board Game.

PM me about any custom scenery

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion