Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 10th, 2014, 07:31 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Utah NHSD 2014

Date:
November 1, 2014

Time:
Set up and check-in: 4:00pm
Games start: 4:30pm

WEST JORDAN, UTAH 84084

Google Map Directions
Directions: turn east on Redwood Road at 7230 S, by the West Jordan Child Center, then to the end of the street (Crystal Ridge Drive)-- the church is just north

Cost:
No Charge!!!

Prizes:
- Optional prize table item. If you have the means and desire to bring prize tables items, please feel free to do so.
- 4 NHSD t-shirts (2L and 2XL)

Army Construction:
  • Point limit: 515
  • Starting spaces: 24 hexes
  • No marvel allowed
  • No Customs allowed

Round length:
40 Minutes

Tournament format:
Simple Strength of Schedule

Attendees:

qt.bangerang (+1 maybe)
wjscaper (+1)
UtahScott

The B.I.V.
D4rthCaedus (+1 maybe)
BiggaBullfrog
Bro-man

Last edited by qt.bangerang; November 1st, 2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old October 10th, 2014, 07:32 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Utah NHSD 2014

MAPS

Last edited by qt.bangerang; November 1st, 2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old October 11th, 2014, 09:58 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

I didn't play last year, but would prefer not to repeat maps in consecutive years. However, I encourage anyone's map suggestions, also voting from a final list if necessary.

I've only looked around a little so far at other groups, nothing strikes my fancy yet...
I notice you used 40 minute rounds for 500-point armies last year. Did any games go to time? (40 minutes seems a little too short to me, but again, I wasn't there)

Utah 2013 NHSD link (maps in second post)

Utah maps previous to 2013 here (bottom of first post).
Old October 11th, 2014, 12:17 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
I didn't play last year, but would prefer not to repeat maps in consecutive years. However, I encourage anyone's map suggestions, also voting from a final list if necessary.

I've only looked around a little so far at other groups, nothing strikes my fancy yet...
I notice you used 40 minute rounds for 500-point armies last year. Did any games go to time? (40 minutes seems a little too short to me, but again, I wasn't there)

Utah 2013 NHSD link (maps in second post)

Utah maps previous to 2013 here (bottom of first post).
A few games went a little over but for the most part all games were finished in time. It helped that every map except 1 used road tiles. I like the shorter time limit as it forces you to plan out your moves and prevents people from taking really long turns.

I kept The Broken Skyline map because I currently have it built so it would be easy to just leave it up and bring it.
Old October 13th, 2014, 10:20 PM

D4rthCaedus Woo who?

I'll be there, with maybe a +1, depends on if my wifey's feeling like gaming that day
Old October 14th, 2014, 01:16 AM
has been BANNED

Got you down [MENTION=46026]D4rthCaedus[/MENTION] and hope your wife feels like coming too!

Also, I have updated the Maps (see post 2). I removed The Broken Skyline and added 5 maps we haven't used before. I have all of these built and this currently covers the people coming. We can add additional maps/duplicates as needed.
Old October 16th, 2014, 06:41 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ok, I am solidly in and trying to recruit more people to come.
Old October 17th, 2014, 12:13 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Ok, I am solidly in and trying to recruit more people to come.
Glad to hear it! Let me know how many more you get so I can make sure there is enough maps.

Also, I have updated the OP...the point total will be 515 pts. and No Marvel or Customs.
Old October 21st, 2014, 05:39 PM
has been BANNED

[MENTION=3160]wjscaper[/MENTION], [MENTION=261]UtahScott[/MENTION], [MENTION=3662]The B.I.V.[/MENTION], [MENTION=46026]D4rthCaedus[/MENTION], [MENTION=8793]BiggaBullfrog[/MENTION], [MENTION=43024]lotr_fan2[/MENTION]

Hey guys still trying to get a head count of who is coming so I can make sure we will have enough maps.

Also, need to know if anyone will be providing any prizes. Providing prizes is not required, but encouraged. I will be providing 4 NHSD t-shirts (2L and 2XL) as prizes.
Old October 21st, 2014, 07:43 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

How many rounds are you thinking of, i.e. when do you think we'll be done (assuming under 16 players)?
Four rounds, 10 minute intervals, that's just over three hours, clean-up around 8pm?

PS. Left messages about Nov. 1 with dave/onichi, Bangerters and tried with CrashMan, I'll go drop a note by his house in a day or so.

Hey, Nov. 1, that's Dia de los Muertos, cool...

Last edited by UtahScott; October 21st, 2014 at 08:26 PM.
Old October 21st, 2014, 08:07 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
How many rounds are you thinking of, i.e. when do you think we'll be done (assuming under 16 players)?
Four rounds, 10 minute intervals, that's just over three hours, clean-up by 8pm?
That sounds good. Probably after 2 rounds take 30 break to eat. So maybe 8:30ish.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 02:09 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm so going to be there--count me in.

A couple quick questions though:

You said no customs, is that including C3V? I would assume yes, but there was discussion on it in the other thread and I just wanted to double check to be sure.

On the figure note, are we going to allow use of stand-in units that have the same sculpt as another (like Nerak/Swog Rider, Venoc Vipers/Elite Onyx Vipers, Skahen/Nakita Agent, etc.) (I don't have any real preference on either of these questions, but will admit that a decision either way for both may end up influencing my army choice)

Also, I've got some pocket money I can throw down for prizes, but have no idea what works well (no extra 'Scape, sorry). Any ideas for some good prizes to bring? If ya'll lived closer to Vernal I'd totally throw in some coupons for ColdStone....

Quote:
Hey, Nov. 1, that's Dia de los Muertos, cool...
Oh man, if I realized that earlier, I totally would have prepared to bring Zombies x5, Cyprien, Sonya, and Marcu. Somebody still should... (I would, but I lack the zombie firepower at the moment)

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day