Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 16th, 2013, 03:39 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - New Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
I still stand by my concern that the SA adds a lot of stuff to the card for minimal gameplay affect. Subtracting dice is a terrible mechanic, and putting a triple SA on card is a pretty big deal even if it isn't overpowered.

If she's an assassin having a bunch of little attacks is pretty off too.
I do actually share this concern too. I think it would be better just to make it 3 attacks of 2A. I understand the theme, and it is awesome, but it's complicated and is it worth the effort?

But I'll check it out in playtesting.
Old September 16th, 2013, 04:34 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like the substracting defense dice part of the SA.
Attack 2 on -1 defense is less efficient statically than simple attack 3 (only against squad figure with 1 defense are the odd to kill the figure equals (75%), in all other case attack3 do more damage and have more chance to kill a squad figure statistically) but a lot more efficient than an simple attack of 2.
I guess 3 attacks of three would have been over the top for the price, considering the bonding and the aura, and 3 attacks of 2 would have been often useless.
For me it is a good power for this figure, gameplay wise.

Thematically, I also like the reason behind this -1 defense being her swiftness. She caught them off gard and too quickly to protect them well. You can also say that she try to strike at the least protected place, as all good assassin would do (hence the precise personality, I may add)

Only thing I don't really understand thematically, is why a more frail she-snake would give a defense bonus to the big guy armoc viper. I think an attack bonus would be more viper-like. But maybe in the viper society showing weakness in front of a she-snake is very shamefull, thus making the guys stand harder on their foot tail in her presence.

Whatever, I like her as she is now !
Old September 16th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I hope I'm not butting in by posting here, but I have some thoughts on the Armoc Warlord discussion - if I am, just tell me!

As someone who tends to play mostly C3G nowadays, I can personally vouch for defence subtraction being a fun and useful mechanic. I've never found it confusing or difficult to use. Swift Strikes SA looks really fun and a lot less complex than a lot of Classic SAs. I think that dropping the defence subtraction would only slightly drop the complexity of what is already a simple card (there's only a reused simple power, a basic aura for a specific unit type and this special attack anyway) and, in doing so, make her much less fun to play.

On the theme of her boosting Protectors, I honestly don't see the problem, but if there is one (due to theme or balance) I'm wondering if just having it affect all Vipers would be a reasonable alternative.

I really like the look of this design - I've wanted to like the Armocs before, but they just haven't been that good, and I think that the Armoc Warlord looks like a great way to help them out. I'd probably nominate her for SoV when you're happy with her, Megasilver, if I didn't know from browsing the fora that that is already your plan!.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 16th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

All comments are appreciated, Lazy Orang. Thanks everyone!

More playtesting the better!

Really, I need three categories of playtesting: Roman build, Armoc w/ Hero, and Armoc/PoU. The last one is the least playtested.

Last edited by MegaSilver; September 16th, 2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old January 25th, 2014, 02:44 PM

Roderick2012 Woo who?

I'd like to request one of my most recently custom made units, I ideally, I'd like feed back on all of them, but I know that only one at a time can be done.
So I'm asking for feed back on:

The proxy I use for this, is the Venoc Warlord for it most resembles a Naga.

Check out my custom cards.
Roderick2012's Customs
Old January 25th, 2014, 04:00 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

GRASS CAMOUFLAGE feels like two separate powers rolled into one. Is the second clause always "on" or is it only "on" when he's in a grass or swamp space?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 25th, 2014, 04:40 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

How about:

While on a grass or swamp space, GD'T may not be targeted by a non-adjacent normal attack, and adds two to his defense against any non-adjacent attack.

Also, it looks like the next power is the same as Slither. I would just call it that (Water Supremacy sounds like he should have an attack or defense bonus.)
Old January 25th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
GRASS CAMOUFLAGE feels like two separate powers rolled into one. Is the second clause always "on" or is it only "on" when he's in a grass or swamp space?
I think it's the latter, which would make sense rolled into one power but probably would require a rewording.

Grass Camouflage
When Gabud D'terr is on a swamp or grass space, opponents must be adjacent to him to attack him with a normal attack, and when rolling defense against a special attack, Gabud D'terr always adds two automatic shields to whatever is rolled.
Old January 25th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Water Supremacy is just Slither, so the ability should be called that.
Old January 25th, 2014, 05:54 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I think it's the latter, which would make sense rolled into one power but probably would require a rewording.

Grass Camouflage
When Gabud D'terr is on a swamp or grass space, opponents must be adjacent to him to attack him with a normal attack, and when rolling defense against a special attack, Gabud D'terr always adds two automatic shields to whatever is rolled.
The auto-shields are only against non-adjacent Special attacks.

It would probably simpler to either drop the part about Specials altogether or roll it in with the other and make him immune to ranged attacks. I favor the former option.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 6th, 2018, 03:24 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Hey, remember this thread!?!?

This is your place to drop your customs for feedback, at an early stage, a late stage, a concept stage, somewhere in between, whatever.

This isn't an SoV funnel thread, although people might like to use it as a step on that path.

Any and all customs welcome here, subject to the terms of the OP.
Old May 22nd, 2018, 09:36 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Price?

Giant Ant

Pathfinder Battles
Jungle of Despair

NAME = KAIJUU

SPECIES = ANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = [LEADER]
PERSONALITY = [INSPIRING]

SIZE/HEIGHT = [LARGE 7]

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = [6]

POINTS = ???

PHEROMONE INFLUENCE
All ants you control within 2 clear sight spaces of Kaijuu add 1 to their attack dice and 1 to their defense dice.

EASILY DISTRACTED
Subtract 1 from Kaijuu's defense dice for each opponent's figure adjacent to Kaijuu.

TOUGH
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, Kaijuu always adds 1 automatic shield to what is rolled.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards