Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 7th, 2009, 01:56 AM

HalsefighterX is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Characters from Heroes, as heroes.

I am presently working out making characters from Heroes as custom characters for Heroscape. The only problem I have thusfar (aside from way too many ideas ) is finding figures from other miniature games that look like normal people, let alone normal people who were in Heroes.

So my work in this thread is twofold.

1.) Finding figures who look somewhat similar to characters from the TV show Heroes.

2.) Fine tuning the ideas I have for powers, stats and classifications.

If anyone knows of a good miniature for any character from the show, please let me know what it's from and/or where to get/look for it.

In the mean time I'll post some of the special abilities I've thought of for some key characters.

Sylar- Telekinesis-Whenever sylar would be hit by a non-adjacent attack 5 or fewer spaces away, roll 1 extra defense die. Any number over 5 you may roll 2 extra defense dice.

Intuitive Apptitude-Whenever Sylar kills a unique figure he may take one of its Special Abilites. Sylar can only keep one ability at a time.

Hiro Nakamura- Space Manipulation- Hiro may move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Time manipulation- After moving and attacking if Hiro is not adjacent to any figures he may move one additional time.

Peter Petrelli- Empathic Mimicry-Once per round Peter may choose to use the Special ability of one unique figure adjacent to him. He may keep this power until the end of the round.

Matt Parkman- Mind Reading- Once per round you may place one wound marker on Matt Parkman to reveal one of your opponents Order markers.

Noah Bennet- One of us one of them- Whenever Noah is within 5 clear sight spaces of a Unique Hero who follows The Company he may roll one additional Attack or defense die.

The Haitian- Power Negation- All figures within two clear sight spaces of The Haitian may not use any Abilities on their card.

Tracy Strauss- Icey touch- After moving and attacking roll the 20 sided die once for each adjacent enemy figure. 1-6 Nothing happens, 7-15 the enemy figure can not move or make leaving engagement attacks for one round. 16-19 the figure can not do anything for one round 20 the figure is destroyed.
(This needs alot of help)

Claire Bennet- Advanced cellular regeneration- If an opponent's attack deals only one marker of damage, Claire may ignore the previous attack.

Ando- The perfect sidekick- If Ando is within 4 clear sight spaces of Hiro Nakamura, add 1 die to all attack and defense rolls for both.

Supercharge- Ando may use Supercharge once per round to allow a friendly figure to use their special attack again.

Nikki Sanders- Nikki's power- After taking damage with Nikki, you may begin to use Jessica's power.

Jessica's Power- This may only be used after using Nikki's power. Add 2 dice for all attack or defense rolls until you destroy an enemy figure.

Daphne Millbrook- Super speed- This character takes no leaving engagement attacks, may move through opponenets figures, and can move over two water spaces per turn.

I'll be adding more to this list as I think of good ways to make powers from the show work for heroscape.

Last edited by HalsefighterX; March 1st, 2009 at 03:14 AM. Reason: adjusting powers, adding links to character info
Old February 7th, 2009, 02:47 AM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation
Re: Characters from Heroes, as heroes.

For Telekinesis, Why not say; range 5 or less 1 extra dice. At range 6 or more, 2 dice. Nothing has more without glyphs or help.

Intuitive Apptitude might be dangerous. Could he not become the Hulk powered for few points, or Krug like?

One of us one of them... think about this. what if you started playing the game, then had to go to work and came back and started again. How do you know who attacked who?

Everything else looks cool
Old February 7th, 2009, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
For Telekinesis, Why not say; range 5 or less 1 extra dice. At range 6 or more, 2 dice. Nothing has more without glyphs or help.

Intuitive Apptitude might be dangerous. Could he not become the Hulk powered for few points, or Krug like?

One of us one of them... think about this. what if you started playing the game, then had to go to work and came back and started again. How do you know who attacked who?

Everything else looks cool
I think you're partially right about Telekinesis, but I think I may have to modify it a little more than that (I am unsure about giving him too many defense dice in the first place, otherwise absorbing certain powers would make him immortal.)
As for Intuitive Aptitude, His cost will naturally be high because of this power, I may institute a Peter Petrelli-like stipulation on that power to prevent potential broken-ness.

One of us one of them needs to be rephrased so that it makes more sense, but its basically a pseudo Zettian Guards power. I think I'll restrict that characters it works with to match what they do.

Thanks for your input By the way
Old February 7th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sylar often uses TK for push-back, so how about this.

TK Throw (range 7)- Instead of a normal attack, Sylar may throw another small or medium character up to 7 spaces (either towards him or away from him). After moving the target, roll a d20. On a 11 or higher place one wound on the marker.

Also, let him take one card's specials at any one time when he destroys a unique hero only. He can only have one card's specials at any time.

Obviously, his base attack would need to be lower or have a high cost.
Old February 7th, 2009, 10:35 AM

Carakki knows what's in an order marker Carakki knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalsefighterX View Post
The Hatian- Power Negation- All figures within two clear sight spaces of The Hatian may not use any Abilities on their card.
I don't watch Heroes, so this may be a moot point, but wouldn't this typically affect only enemy figures?

Also, for those characters able to mimic enemy abilities, I think it should be somehow limited. It would be impractical, I think, for these characters to gain the ability to fly from characters with wings, because that is an ability gleaned from physical attributes. Perhaps a way to fix this is to limit the ability to small and medium figures? This would eliminate Thorgrim's worries about your characters becoming Hulk- or Krug-powered for so few points.

Other than those two, the abilities look fine to me.
Old February 7th, 2009, 10:37 AM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carakki View Post
Quote:
The Hatian- Power Negation- All figures within two clear sight spaces of The Hatian may not use any Abilities on their card.
I don't watch Heroes, so this may be a moot point, but wouldn't this typically affect only enemy figures?

Nope, it's anyone around him. Which could really make his point total harder to calculate.
Old February 7th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

He depowers everyone. This makes him balanced as everyone has to be careful around him.

As to the mimic, they can do anything another character can, though Sylar must kill his target to copy his powers. Limiting him to one card, having a high cost, and requiring him to kill his target first balances him out somewhat.

As for Peter, giving him very weak base stats should balance him out, along with requiring them to be adjacent to him.
Old February 7th, 2009, 10:43 AM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
He depowers everyone. This makes him balanced as everyone has to be careful around him.
Right, I didn't so much mean he's imbalanced. I just mean what his point total would end up being. Cheap or expensive?
Old February 7th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Dr Feelgood

Depends on his base stats. In the show, he isn't shown to be an offensive person, but as a counter to those with powers, so I'd say a lower attack of 2, defense 2/3, 3/4 life, type character. As to cost, I'd leave that to those with more experience in the game than myself.

Also came up for ideas for a few other characters.

Ando - Supercharge, once per round can supercharge an adjacent player. That player can use either a special power twice or a special attack twice on their next turn. (Use a marker to signify this - I would simply make the special more powerful, but since they cannot be modified). To offset this and reflect how the character is on the show, very low attack, defense, and health.

Cheerleader - Good squad killer - maybe 2 attack/ 3 defense/ 5 life type. Allow her to heal one wound every time a marker is revealed.

Speedster girl - low attack and health, high defense and movement, with something similar to stealth dodge or spider sense.

Nikki (original) - High attack but lower defense/health.
New Nikki (Freeze powers), low attack/health, but with a d20 destroy figure power, range adjacent only.

Last edited by jschild; February 7th, 2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Added characters.
Old February 7th, 2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Sylar often uses TK for push-back, so how about this.

TK Throw (range 7)- Instead of a normal attack, Sylar may throw another small or medium character up to 7 spaces (either towards him or away from him). After moving the target, roll a d20. On a 11 or higher place one wound on the marker.

Also, let him take one card's specials at any one time when he destroys a unique hero only. He can only have one card's specials at any time.

Obviously, his base attack would need to be lower or have a high cost.
I was thinking to use his TK to avoid getting shot (he does that quite a bit) and then giving him a decent range to assume he'd be using telekinesis against his enemies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carakki View Post
Quote:

Also, for those characters able to mimic enemy abilities, I think it should be somehow limited. It would be impractical, I think, for these characters to gain the ability to fly from characters with wings, because that is an ability gleaned from physical attributes. Perhaps a way to fix this is to limit the ability to small and medium figures? This would eliminate Thorgrim's worries about your characters becoming Hulk- or Krug-powered for so few points.

Other than those two, the abilities look fine to me.
Good advice about the size, that's going to eliminate my other theoretical problems too.

Quote:
Depends on his base stats. In the show, he isn't shown to be an offensive person, but as a counter to those with powers, so I'd say a lower attack of 2, defense 2/3, 3/4 life, type character. As to cost, I'd leave that to those with more experience in the game than myself.

Also came up for ideas for a few other characters.

Ando - Supercharge, once per round can supercharge an adjacent player. That player can use either a special power twice or a special attack twice on their next turn. (Use a marker to signify this - I would simply make the special more powerful, but since they cannot be modified). To offset this and reflect how the character is on the show, very low attack, defense, and health.

Cheerleader - Good squad killer - maybe 2 attack/ 3 defense/ 5 life type. Allow her to heal one wound every time a marker is revealed.

Speedster girl - low attack and health, high defense and movement, with something similar to stealth dodge or spider sense.

Nikki (original) - High attack but lower defense/health.
New Nikki (Freeze powers), low attack/health, but with a d20 destroy figure power, range adjacent only.
Good ideas, I think I'll tweak them a bit and add them to the first post. Claire (the cheerleader) should be a character that just keeps surviving, not really with good attack however, because in the show she was not very good at fighting. Speedster is Daphne, "New Nikki" is actually her identical sister Named Tracey, and I like Ando, I'll try to fit them all in there.

Last edited by HalsefighterX; February 7th, 2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old February 7th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
I was thinking to use his TK to avoid getting shot (he does that quite a bit) and then giving him a decent range to assume he'd be using telekinesis against his enemies.
Yes, maybe an either or, since he throws so often and watching him toss figures around like Jotun would be fun

Couldn't remember all the names, but this post is a great idea!
Old February 7th, 2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, maybe an either or, since he throws so often and watching him toss figures around like Jotun would be fun

Couldn't remember all the names, but this post is a great idea!
if I could get good figures for them I'd have already playtested these with my friends.

As for using Tk to throw, its a good idea, but might be a little imbalanced since I don't think I could restrict it by size, just because Sylar has been shown to flip a semi-truck with TK. Tk could also be used as a cyber claw thing since Sylar regularly holds people against walls.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards