Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old April 24th, 2012, 09:04 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Like Heroscape Video Game - MW Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwDriver View Post
Am also enjoying Battle for Wesnoth. This is actually Chinese RPG (not sure if Japanese also used the same style). I had played several Chinese titles of this type of RPG a couple of decades ago. And am happy to see these kind of games in English version... my Chinese isn't that good.
I remember thinking when I first started playing that it reminded me of some Asian RPGs I had played before (although I assumed they were Japanese), but that never crosses my mind now. In fact it seems pretty Western to me, but maybe it has changed since it first came around?
Just to clarify, I meant the RPG style. The story and characters were patterned after Western fantasies already. I believe it was specifically made for the Western audience. But the game play of using hex spaces, fixed damaged, fixed XP, number of turns, option to choose what each figure can level up to, each character has his/her own name, and such were distinctively the same from those old Chinese RPGs. I have to say that even the use of cartoonish or cute anime-like avatars and anime-style drawings remained the same. Graphics-wise, not much were changed, same size, maybe a little better but not too much difference. You'd probably won't notice the age if you play one of those 20 year old titles after this game. The only thing new here that I can remember is the presence of multiple campaigns and multiplayer capability.
That makes sense. Those were the elements that made me think of some Asian RPGs I had started but never got into, particularly the anime-graphics, the hexes, and the XP. I think it was the "Western" Fantasy theme that made Wesnoth palatable to me.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 24th, 2012, 07:21 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

I'd like to echo everyone's laments that Heroscape couldn't have taken this turn...
:O What consoles would this game be for? When is it coming out?

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:12 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dang, that sure is pretty sweet looking.

Being an old battle tech fan that does have some appeal just the way it is.

Sort of like the old Mech Commander games, but just with hexes.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:42 PM

Ghostship is surprisingly tart

Here's one with a kickstarter.

A hex based, turn based engine with initiative (though individual initiative)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s-of-eisenwald
Old May 2nd, 2012, 05:47 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So does anyone know whether the the Mech Wars tactics game has been released yet?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:25 PM

It says summer 2012 in an interview.
I'd guess that means September.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:43 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostship View Post
It says summer 2012 in an interview.
I'd guess that means September.
Or November. It could mean November.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:16 AM

Mechwarrior Tactics is in closed beta, but you can buy in as a founder now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion