Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Notices

Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Red Skull

You're only allowed to reveal an X-Order Marker on an Army Card if there's a special power specifying that you're able to.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 28th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Riddler has you reveal the X Order Marker, but since you don't take a turn with that OM, it's a non-issue.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old April 24th, 2012, 05:18 AM

BrandonD is surprisingly tart

My friend has just started to incorporate the Marvel characters into our regular heroscape game. I'm having a tough time getting on board with this change because the point cost of the marvel guys doesn't really seem to coincide with the point costs of the regular heroscape guys, and this guy seems like a prime example.

Compare him to Kato Katsuro. They are similar in that they can both activate other armies anywhere within clear sight. Though Kato costs 10 more, his activation is restricted to samurai, he has no range or special powers, his only advantage to counter all these relative disadvantages is that he has 1 extra defense.

Red Skull can activate any hero, has range and a special power, as well as the same life as Kato.

I don't see why they are of relatively equal point value. If anyone who is more experienced in marvelscape would like to explain why Red Skull should cost less than Kato, I would much appreciate it.

I'm not hating on marvelscape, I just hate to see other characters falling out of play because they now seem useless.
Old April 24th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Believe me, Kato and Red Skull have huge differences. Kato allows you to activate 8 ashigaru in one turn, which is incredibly powerful. Red Skull only allows you to take a turn with 1 unique hero in clear sight. Kato is the centerpiece of an ashigaru build, while Red Skull let's you put 10 unique heroes in the same army and have some sense of Order Marker stability.

Generally, Thanos, Silver Surfer, and Capt. America are seen as the strongest in Marvel to play in classic. Red Skull is seen as one of the weakest.

Now, if he could activate squads too, then he would be all high and mighty. It's the single turn activation and weak defense that ruins him.
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Also, check out the compatibility link in my signature. Read all of it carefully, and you will find that Classic Scape was not really tested thoroughly with Marvel Scape. The point system on each game is slightly different from each other.
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Although the Marvel figures may appear to be more powerful, that is rarely the case. The sure number of attacks unleashed by classic squads will overwhelm Marvel Heroes nearly every time. Red Skull is best served in a 'heroes only' game if you are mixing.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Although the Marvel figures may appear to be more powerful, that is rarely the case. The sure number of attacks unleashed by classic squads will overwhelm Marvel Heroes nearly every time.

Marvel is more "powerful" but Classic is more "victorious".
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

When it comes to Hasbro Heroscape design squads >>>>>> heroes every time.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 25th, 2012, 07:05 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Although the Marvel figures may appear to be more powerful, that is rarely the case. The sure number of attacks unleashed by classic squads will overwhelm Marvel Heroes nearly every time. Red Skull is best served in a 'heroes only' game if you are mixing.
For sure. If Skull were a bit cheaper (or incorporated squads), I'd probably use him in every dungeon crawl I come across. As he is, he's not a bad option in all-hero armies.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old May 12th, 2014, 05:40 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

Feeling really dumb here with Dust of Death.

Dust of Death
After moving and before attacking, you may either:
• Roll the 20-sided die once for each figure adjacent to Red Skull, or
• Roll the 20-sided die once for any one figure up to 3 clear sight spaces away.
If you roll a 19 or higher, that figure is destroyed.

If my Red Skull is surrounded by three of my opponent's figures, do I roll once for Dust and it effects all three figs, or do I roll it one time per each of my opponent's figs? We're both teachers and concluded that it is worded poorly. (Or we're bad teachers, which is a possibility.)
Old May 12th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I was about to respond with something like "Of course it's this way...", then I realized it is very ambiguous.

Most classic'scape cards use "One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for …" when die rolls are separated. This seems to imply that Red Skull rolls the d20 only once per turn.

However, Dust of Death states "If you roll a 19 or higher, that figure is destroyed." If you were selecting 3 figures all at once, then it should say "Those figures". Therefore, I'd conclude that you roll the d20 one at a time, once per adjacent figure you're trying to destroy.

That said, I'd easily be persuaded to believe the other way is correct. That power is worded poorly.
Old May 12th, 2014, 08:18 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

'once for each figure' so three rolls.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's