Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old August 23rd, 2013, 01:25 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart
NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2013

Alright, I've copied and pasted last year's info below - changing the date.
Let me know what you guys think about format - the good and the bad.
And please give us an idea of whether you plan on attending, can't make it or just don't know
Thanks!

Hello all diehard 'scapers,
Saturday, 10-19-2013, again at my apartment's rec. room at
14960 Sherman Way, Olive Tree Apartments, Van Nuys, 91405.
Hours are 8AM - 11PM. I was told that if necessary we may enter before 8AM.
I have enough tables/chairs for 14 games, so if more than 28 contestants sign-up we'll need more equipment.
Anyone wanting to stay for more gaming after the tournament is more than welcome!
There is a small kitchen for food prep. and storage.
There is a boys' restroom and a girls' restroom.
If you want alcohol, I suggest you wait until after the tournament and bring your own supply.
There is a good deal of parking (do not use the church parking @ Kester intersection) but try and carpool because there is a lot of competition for those spots.

Location: warriorneedsfoodbadly's clubhouse in Van Nuys (map)
Date: Saturday, 10/19
Time: 11:00 AM check-in, 12:00 PM begin play, tournament until 4:00 PM or 5:00 PM (no breaks for food, so bring lunch/snacks!), free play afterwards, rumors of beer and pizza later in the evening

Rules:
Format: swiss/simple, either 5 matches or 6 if more than 32 people, timed matches (see below), partial scoring, dual army play (see below)
Cost: $5 per contestant for prizes and rental of space
Armies: 520pts, 24 spaces
May switch to a backup army once, if you have at least one loss, on your third or fourth match.
VC: allowed.
Marvel: not allowed
Glyphs: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37362
Power Glyphs/Treasure Glyphs:
Random Treasure Glyph pool:

Heroic Rune (+1 attack)
Brooch of Shielding (disengage)
Scarab of invunerability(temp)
Potion of Healing (temp)

Treasure Glyph Traps:
• If you roll a 1–5, you set off the trap. Leave the Treasure Glyph symbol-side
up, roll a battle die - a skull results in unblockable wound on attempting Hero.
• If you roll a 6 or higher, you did not set off the trap, and the figure that
landed on the Treasure Glyph now picks up the Treasure Glyph.

Random Power Glyph pool:

Glyph of Wannok (Wound)
Glyph of Valda (Move +2)
Glyph of Dagmar (Initiative +8 )
Glyph of Kelda (Healer)
Glyph of Gerda (Defense +1)

Must Bring: Your army; army cards; dice; order markers; wound markers; special markers if appropriate.
Can Bring: Snacks/drinks; a contribution to the prize table.

Thanks,
wnfb

HEXES IN TEXAS

Army restricted to the use of no more than 1 of the following! But commons may have multiple army cards. See link below.

THE LIST
  1. Deathreavers
  2. Raelin - RotV
  3. 4th Massachusetts Line
  4. Blastatrons
  5. Isamu
  6. Knights of Weston
  7. Krav Maga Agents
  8. Marro Stingers
  9. Major Q9
  10. Sir Gilbert
  11. 10th Regiment of Foot
  12. Airborne Elite
  13. Braxas
  14. Heavy Gruts
  15. Grimnak
  16. Kaemon Awa
  17. Major Q10
  18. Marcu Esinwien
  19. Nilfhiem
  20. Zelrig
  21. Greenscale Warriors
  22. Vulcanmech Incendiborgs
I'll be there!
warriorneedsfoodbadly
Detrimentalman
Xotli
Quillen, plus 3
RenMan (for post tournament)
awscott1978
Leotheanimal87

? I. D. K. ?
hivelord

Laundry Day
Maginating

Maps:
Hot Heights
Ice Blossom
Quasatch Playground
Burial Marsh
Bad Moon Rising

Thanks to nyys and Xotli for contributions to the prize table of C3V figures!

Last edited by warriorneedsfoodbadly; October 31st, 2013 at 01:42 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 03:03 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2013

I should make it this year

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old August 24th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think we seriously have to look at allowing C3V/SoV this year. Obviously I have a biased opinion, but hey: VC is the future of Heroscape. It's the only future we've got ATM. I think it would be foolish of us to ignore it.

At least let's hear some opinions on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 4th, 2013, 03:36 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

As of right now I'm a maybe due to me trying to move soon.

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old September 6th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
I think we seriously have to look at allowing C3V/SoV this year. Obviously I have a biased opinion, but hey: VC is the future of Heroscape. It's the only future we've got ATM. I think it would be foolish of us to ignore it.

At least let's hear some opinions on it.
Any feedback on this? Just trying to nail down the details so we can all start planning.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 10th, 2013, 02:15 PM

I am open to C3V/SoV. I don't know how that should change tournament play. Aren't they considered unevenly matched point systems?
Old September 11th, 2013, 08:37 AM

awscott1978 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hi, new Heroscaper in the SF Valley here. I was invited by warriorneedsfoodbadly and I plan to be there, but don't know if I can make it by 11 AM. If not, I'll watch and learn.
Old September 13th, 2013, 02:49 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
I am open to C3V/SoV. I don't know how that should change tournament play. Aren't they considered unevenly matched point systems?
No, C3V and SoV are extensively playtested and balanced against official units. Allowing C3G would be a bit more dicey--I personally would think that would be okay for casual play but not for tourneys. But the VC stuff is developed with tourneys in mind, and C3V and SoV have several members who are also tourney directors in their home regions.

I think the elder boy will be bringing several friends this year. Hopefully we'll get some reinvigoration up in this hyeaah beeatch.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 17th, 2013, 04:38 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

After reviewing our format, the only changes I see as being necessary to include VC units would be:
  • Add "VC Units: Allowed." somewhere (probably after "Marvel: Not allowed.").
  • Add "Vulcanmech Incendiborgs" to "THE LIST". The Incendiborgs are the only VC unit with an A ranking; there are no A+ VC units.

And that's pretty much it.

I think it's possile that our 3 entrants from last year will turn into 5, but I need to get some confirmation from the kid's mini-gaming group. As with last year, I will be playing with the Smaller Animal, taking over for him when he gets bored.

Of course, if we really do have 5 people showing up, that means I'll need to be concocting 10 armies out of my collection, so that'll be fun. I need more Isamus.

If I have anything left over, though, I'm happy to loan people units.

Please also note that all released VC units are now in Battleplan, for all your army-building needs.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 24th, 2013, 02:56 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

No word in this thread for a while. Are we confirmed for the 19th? I hope so.

Let's get some excitement going, peeps! Let's hear some noise! Heroscape!!! IN 2013!!!

Have we talked about maps yet? Do I need to bring terrain?

Still trying to pin down how many I'm bringing. But the kids and I already started practice armies.

How 'bout everybody else? YOU GUYS READY???

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 24th, 2013, 09:09 PM

I am good with your suggestions.
Looks like I'll have to "PM" our past participants to get some replies.
Let me know if you can confirm sons and their friends.
We may have a contribution to the prize table! I'll keep you posted.
Old September 28th, 2013, 11:38 AM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Change me to going now And also I vote for no C3V/SoV since I don't own any and don't plan on buying any. I'm a purist at heart so I refuse things to be changed lol That's my 2 cents. I'll see if I can finally get a friend to come with me this year, but most likely he won't come

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day