Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 20th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Florida Frenzy 5.0

Okay, mark me down as being there.

It'll be great to see everyone again.

See ya'll soon.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old September 26th, 2011, 08:29 PM

Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker

I'm there!
Old October 3rd, 2011, 04:04 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Burny, have you finalized the map selection yet? In regards to Stony Pass: unfortunately, my mouth wrote a check that my hex-stash can't cash, as I don't own the required 2x RTTFF to make it. Hopefully, someone else can pick up my slack, if we decide to use that map.
Old October 4th, 2011, 12:15 AM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

Filthy and all,

It is hard to decide, so I really wish I got more input on which maps out of the ones suggested that others would also like to play on. That being said, I'll have a "final" list of 5 maps by Friday, which would only change if we don't have enough tiles to make them.

What I do know is that each maps will have 2 random glyphs out of the following pool of 10 (unless I hear a different suggestion):

Heroic Rune (+1 Attack)
Talisman of Defense (+1 Defense)
Elixir of Speed (+4 Move, one time use)
Potion of Healing (+3 Health, one time use)
Brooch of Shielding (Disengage)

Nilrend (Negation, one time use)
Thorian (No normal attack hit zones)
Lodin (+1 D20)
Rannveig (No flying)
Valda (+2 Move)

Thusly, some maps may require us to decide where the glyphs go, which I'll let you know.
Old October 7th, 2011, 01:00 AM

The "final" maps for Florida Frenzy 5.0 are:

1. Stony Pass by Killometer
2 BftU, 2 RttFF (2 glyphs on the middle-edge shadow spaces; stalagmites also count as glaciers)

2. Velenne's Shadow of the Mountain:
2 BftU, 1 TT (with slippery ice/heavy snow rule and all stalagmites considered glaciers)

3. Boiling Point by Dignan
1 SotM, 1 VW

4. yagyuninja's Oxbow Road
1 RoTV, 1 RttFF (2 glyphs on sand island on two "corner" spaces, not the very back)

5. Typhon2222's QUICKSILVER FANE (tournament version)
1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 RttFF (road tiles only), 1 TJ (2 glyphs from our pool instead)

Now, please respond with which maps you can bring. We need 2 of each. If we find we don't have enough tiles, then we can change one map.

1. Stony Pass by Killometer (alternate: WellSpring Pass)
2 BftU, 2 RttFF
Brought by: randomskyfears, ?????

2. Velenne's Shadow of the Mountain
2 BftU, 1 TT
Brought by: BurnyFlame, Zealot

3. Boiling Point by Dignan
1 SotM, 1 VW
Brought by: Zealot, Zealot

4. yagyuninja's Oxbow Road (alternate: Ekstrom Tunnel)
1 RoTV, 1 RttFF
Brought by: BurnyFlame, Zealot

5. Typhon2222's QUICKSILVER FANE (tournament version) (alternate:Bring Your Boots)
1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 RttFF (road tiles only), 1 TJ.
Brought by: randomskyfears, randomskyfears

Last edited by BurnyFlame; October 16th, 2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Now with alternates! 2
Old October 8th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

Hey Burny, everyone,

I can bring several of these though it may take me a bit of time to build them.

Put me down for both Boiling Points, 1 Shadow of the Mountain, and 1 Oxbow Road.

2 Boiling Point
1 Shadow of the Mountain
1 Oxbow Road

I have one concern however, Oxbow Road's link no longer works, I can provide the terrain for it however I need someone to send me the correct link or the directions. (Burny, you said you can bring the 2nd Oxbow Road so if you have a hard copy of the directions, I can wait to build it when we get there).
Just let me know.

I think it might be best to change the last map simply because it takes terrain from 4 different sets. I'll wait to see what other folks can bring but the first map and the last map might be hard to supply.

As it stands now, I can definitely make it for the 22nd, as can Torog.
Rennix is flying out for work on the 23rd so unless his flight gets changed, he can make it as well.
I have one more friend who may be able to come as well but I have to double check with his schedule.

Sincerely,
~Zealot

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?

Last edited by Zealot; October 8th, 2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old October 10th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!

A little bit of a personal request here. I tried to send Zealot and Torog a PM, but for some reason it won't go through. Can I ask anyone to pick me up any Wave D3 packs they find. I'll pay you back in Gainesville in couple of weeks. If you need to get in touch with me post here or send me a PM. It seems I can get them, but not send.

Thanks,

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old October 10th, 2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
Hey Burny, everyone,

I can bring several of these though it may take me a bit of time to build them.

Put me down for both Boiling Points, 1 Shadow of the Mountain, and 1 Oxbow Road.

2 Boiling Point
1 Shadow of the Mountain
1 Oxbow Road

I have one concern however, Oxbow Road's link no longer works, I can provide the terrain for it however I need someone to send me the correct link or the directions. (Burny, you said you can bring the 2nd Oxbow Road so if you have a hard copy of the directions, I can wait to build it when we get there).
Just let me know.

I think it might be best to change the last map simply because it takes terrain from 4 different sets. I'll wait to see what other folks can bring but the first map and the last map might be hard to supply.

As it stands now, I can definitely make it for the 22nd, as can Torog.
Rennix is flying out for work on the 23rd so unless his flight gets changed, he can make it as well.
I have one more friend who may be able to come as well but I have to double check with his schedule.

Sincerely,
~Zealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Lee View Post
A little bit of a personal request here. I tried to send Zealot and Torog a PM, but for some reason it won't go through. Can I ask anyone to pick me up any Wave D3 packs they find. I'll pay you back in Gainesville in couple of weeks. If you need to get in touch with me post here or send me a PM. It seems I can get them, but not send.

Thanks,

Buddy Lee
Four items:

1. Buddy Lee, perhaps you need to separate their names with a "," instead of a ";" or vice versa -- I know only one of them works and I always confuse them. Otherwise, remember that $10 is a more than acceptable entry fee if you can not find a prize. You can also bring custom HeroScape materials, or even some other fun game as a prize.

2. Zealot, thanks for offering to bring those maps. I did not notice the broken link to Oxbow Road before. I have sent yagyuninja a PM to see if we can get it. If not, I think Quozl's "WellSpring Pass" would make a fine alternate. (Edit: Map instructions now uploaded.)

3. I have gotten word from Killometer that a more appropriate place to put our 2 glyphs would be the 2 shadow spaces on the middle edges of the board. Since he is the designer, I want to change them to there; but if you guys have any objections of comments on their location, let me know.

4. Lastly, it may be the case that we don't have enough building material for 2 Stony Pass and 2 QUICKSILVER FANE. The additional alternate maps will be Ekstrom Tunnel and Bring Your Boots, because they don't use the hard-to-find road tiles. But please, let's get at least one of Stony Pass and QUICKSILVER FANE if we can!

Please see the original post of this thread of my post above for updates to maps!

Last edited by BurnyFlame; October 14th, 2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old October 10th, 2011, 08:25 PM

Torog has disabled reputation

Buddy Lee pm sent. If you don't receive it let me know.

As adequate as the term couch potato is a more accurate term is cattle. Fat, lazy, and ready to be eaten.

-Max Brooks
Old October 13th, 2011, 06:16 PM

randomskyfears is surprisingly tart

Sorry I haven't been on the boards much. I just got a new job that I start tomorrow and I wanted to make sure I didn't have to work on the 22nd before I committed to bringing maps if I wouldn't be able to make it. I'll be able to bring several of these maps, probably 3-4. I'll be building them tonight or tomorrow, so I'll let you all know once I know for sure how many I'll be bringing. The only ones I know I can't do is anything with the volcano sets, as that's the only thing I never had. But it looks like Zealot has those covered. I'll post an update soon.

Last edited by randomskyfears; October 13th, 2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old October 14th, 2011, 03:48 AM

randomskyfears is surprisingly tart

Ok, so after going through everything, it looks like I can bring 1 Stony Pass and 2 Quicksilver Fanes. I actually have enough road to bring another Stony Pass, but I don't have the mountains or shadows for it. I can substitute the rocks and shadows for glaciers and ice tiles, but I figured that wouldn't fly. Aside from that, I can also bring either of the alternate maps (Ekstrom Tunnel and Bring Your Boots), or both. Let me know what you want to do.
Old October 14th, 2011, 07:14 PM

randomskyfears, if you can bring 1 Stony Pass and 2 Quicksilver Fanes, I am pretty sure one of our other attendees can bring the last Stony Pass.

yagyuninja sent me Oxbow Road, and it is now uploaded on this website.

And if you guys have extra glyphs, we could use those too.

I have invited some more people in Gainesville to play, but they may just come to watch. I don't think we'll have more than 20 players, but if any one else is attending, please let me know so we can have an extra map on hand.

Edit: Zealot, please note that "Shadow of the Mountain" requires an additional BftU set (1.5 total) than I had posted before.

Last edited by BurnyFlame; October 16th, 2011 at 02:04 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day