Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 7th, 2014, 11:23 AM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!
Ohio NHSD discussion 2015

Instead of making a new thread, let's just add to this one. I'll post new thoughts.

Any thoughts for this year's event?

Location ?
I'm willing to book CABS, in Columbus, again if that is what is wanted. Does anyone have another suggestion?

Date ?
10/4 Saturday
10/11 Saturday
10/18 Saturday
10/25 Saturday

Format ?
Classic 500
Draft
Pick 2

Does anyone else fell like running this event? Johnny & I love doing it but recognize someone else might want the opportunity.

Time is not on our side. Please voice your thoughts.

��
I'm in the works with bringing some nice prizes.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.

Last edited by WOOKIE; September 19th, 2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old September 10th, 2014, 06:31 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Ohio NHSD discussion

I would be willing to go to Columbus and I could schedule off for this, but not available 10/18 as will be at a wedding, but I may go to Louisville NHSD, so don't plan around me. Not available to run either. I think the NHSD should be either classic or pick 2 or reverse the whip, as we did draft last year. The small tournament I ran last year had a combination of Take 2, Pick Your Poison, and Reverse the Whip that worked great, although would have been better with more people. I hope many people can go, where or not I can.
Old September 17th, 2014, 08:34 AM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I would be willing to go to Columbus and I could schedule off for this, but not available 10/18 as will be at a wedding, but I may go to Louisville NHSD, so don't plan around me. Not available to run either. I think the NHSD should be either classic or pick 2 or reverse the whip, as we did draft last year. The small tournament I ran last year had a combination of Take 2, Pick Your Poison, and Reverse the Whip that worked great, although would have been better with more people. I hope many people can go, where or not I can.
10/11 or 10/18 would be better for me. I am quite sure that no one in my crew could do 10/4.

I would definitely be willing to help figure it out, choose maps, help score, etc. It'd be hard for me to get there early enough to help much with set up as it's a pretty long drive.

I like the idea of reverse the whip. I am not quite sure what pick your poison is, but I'd like to know!
Old September 17th, 2014, 09:29 AM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Pick your Poision
Each player brings 2 armies that share no similar units. Each player rolled a 20-sided die. The winner selects their opponents army that their opponent will use. Then the other player selects their opponents army that their opponent will use.

Cincinnati?
Dayton?

Loves all Scape

Old September 17th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Anywhere's fine as long as there's Heroscape to be had. I'll check my schedule.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old September 17th, 2014, 03:10 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I want to come lol. Cincy might be too long of a drive, but if there's a lot of people who wants to come and live down there.

Format isn't an issue. We could play 2000 point armies as far as Im concerned.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 17th, 2014, 04:55 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirek View Post
I like the idea of reverse the whip. I am not quite sure what pick your poison is, but I'd like to know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOKIE View Post
Pick your Poision
Each player brings 2 armies that share no similar units. Each player rolled a 20-sided die. The winner selects their opponents army that their opponent will use. Then the other player selects their opponents army that their opponent will use.
You could combine Reverse the Whip and Pick your Poison. What I did my last tourney:
  • For rounds 1-2, it is Take 2 - Before each game, there will be a dice-off, done by the players. The winner of the dice-off chooses first army choice or second army choice. Whoever has first army choice may choose any of the four armies (either of their two or either of their opponent's two). The other player may then choose from any of the other three armies.
  • For round 3, it is Pick Your Poison, your opponent picks an army for you to play from your army pool only. Highest ranked picks first.
  • For round 4, it is Reverse the Whip, you pick an army for you to play from your opponents pool only. Highest ranked picks first.
You could get rid of the classic Take 2 and just extend Pick Your Poison and Reverse the Whip to 2 or 3 rounds each. The idea of having both these type of rounds it that you will bring 2 good but not great armies as you will have to play with the worst one and against the best one.

As I said in previous years, I think you should have either one tourney in Columbus, or separate ones in Northeast and Southwest Ohio. Columbus always has a bigger draw so if possible do there.

Just some suggestions.

BTW, October 4 I will be playing in Louisville.
Old September 18th, 2014, 09:31 PM

As for location we have..
CABS in Columbus
Sci-Fi City in Cincinattie
No Limit Gaming in Dayton

I'll have to book something soon.

Loves all Scape

Old September 23rd, 2014, 09:19 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I've always felt like Columbus or Canton drew the most players, personally, though I wasn't there the last 2 years.

I'd love to try and make it out there this year. I miss Heroscape.... the little taste of it I got at Gen Con was refreshing. Anything further west than Columbus would be a no-go for me, but Columbus or east and I'm going to try to get there.

And also... the last time I was at NHSD Ohio I won, so as far as I'm concerned I'm the defending champion....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 23rd, 2014, 01:29 PM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

More than Columbus is too far for me and my crew, if any are able to come.

Also I vote for. 10/18 and love the idea of Pick your Poison.
Old September 23rd, 2014, 07:41 PM

I'm getting it together. Location set. I'll post a thread soon. Big surprises to come.

I appricate all previous & future input.

It's all of us that make this happen.

Loves all Scape

Old September 19th, 2015, 05:06 PM

Re: Ohio NHSD discussion 2015

Ohio NHSD 2015 Discussion

Let's get this started!!
Please express your opinions. It's all of us that make this happen.
Does anyone feel inclined to host?

One option is I can host in Dayton at No Limit Gaming on Nov 7th. I was thinking about running a Run the Gauntlet event. Each round is a different theme. Round 1 Capture the Flag, Round 2 Heat of Battle, etc....
FOJ, Storm Shadow & I have obligations for October, which is why I sugested November.

Loves all Scape

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day