Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old June 29th, 2021, 08:49 PM

randum is surprisingly tart
HeroSearch - Fan-made Android companion Heroscape app

Hello everyone!

I have published a fan-made companion app for HeroScape on Google Play called HeroSearch. Here are some of the features:

- 1550+ official & community created characters
- Extensive search functionality for heroes
- Wide array of searchable data for each character

- Create and save armies
- Armies can include max point, hex, and figure values

- Random dice roll for D6 & D20 dice with history tracker
- Character creator (locally saved on device)

You can check it out at the link below or search the name on Google Play. Please leave a review if you can, I am always looking for feedback!
HeroSearch Google Play Link

If you want to report bugs or request more features, you can do so on this discord channel:
https://discord.gg/3hGKaz3qZA

Previous post:

I have started working on an android app for Heroscape that will be free without ads. I know there are a couple apps on android already, but one of them costs money and the other one is out of date. I'm aware there is a bunch of very useful software out there, but I think the android platform can be beneficial for some. It's also a learning experience for me as I pursue a career in programming.

My goal is to make an app that can be used to search official and custom characters, build armies, create characters, etc. I want to make it actually useful for those who enjoy playing the game, so I'm looking for recommendations from you all:
- What is essential?
- What is something that can be improved on from foundations of those before me?
- What capability would it have to have for you to want to use it (or for those who are content and happy with other great programs, to use it occasionally).

- What should I avoid?
- Other questions?

Additionally, if anyone has free time here and there, and would like to help, it would be very much appreciated because I would like to get this out as soon as I can! If you have android development experience or don't mind editing a database (which is very time consuming...) or editing pictures, it would be very helpful. If any of you has a collection of official and custom army cards (and/or their profile pictures) in an image format, that would save me a lot of time as well.

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a nice day!

Last edited by randum; October 11th, 2022 at 06:53 PM.
Old July 1st, 2021, 12:24 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Building Heroscape Android app - recommendations!

To me, I'd like an App that has the following:

Essential - Ability to search all fields of the card, leftbox, points, species ect... good resolution pictures of the card, and something simple to build armies. I like how hacc does the Army Builder because it shows totals for points, spaces, and figures. Obviously the ability to add more cards in needs to be a thought as well because scape is ever expanding.

Improved Upon - If you decide to pop smoke, show a community member how to add units so we can continue its use

Capability - Honestly, to have basic capability on it like Haccs does but made for mobile would make it convenient enough for me. Extra info for c3v would be nice like, name of the sculpt used but not required.

That's probably the extent of my useful input. For good army card files you can probably go through the Books of various units or get in touch with c3v/administration here to get good files.
Old July 13th, 2021, 01:03 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Please have an index of “official” tournament map images/downloads for build instructions

I’d suggest BoV maps, ARV maps and any other maps that have been used at GenCon. That should get a pretty good pool for people to use if they need a quick reference in the app

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 13th, 2021, 01:04 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Also, can you do for Apple users?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old July 15th, 2021, 04:20 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Include dice rolling in the app. 20-sided & combat dice. HSaholic on Apple was the best app if anyone remembers it. You could even add your own custom units to it.
Old July 24th, 2021, 03:19 AM

randum is surprisingly tart

Apologies for the late reply.

@Shiftrex - I am definitely going to make searching all the fields one of the features. Building armies and creating characters are key features as well. I would like to make it so certain people can approve of characters to be added to the in-app database so it doesn't rely on just me and gives you all more control over additions. Individual accounts will still have their own armies and their own characters they can make as well. I actually had started adding some figure details (what's used as the physical piece), so that'll be in there. Unfortunately, gathering all the information for the multitude of characters out there is very time consuming. So basically when it's launched I'll have as much detail as I can on characters, but they won't be complete. My plan is to add in the ability for users to update characters so it doesn't remain static and out of date. This way I can spend more time right now working on the actual app.

@Sir Heroscape - I never thought of that suggestion as I've participated in any tournaments myself or used any maps other than the ones I've made with friends. Are you looking for a sortable list of map detail-pages that link to heroscapers/bring up the images in the app? Unfortunately, I do not know how to program for Apple...

@Drewman-chu - I've got dice rolling in app already I never used the other app on Apple. Did the developer stop updating it? What did you like most about it?
Old July 24th, 2021, 02:40 PM

^basically yea

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old July 26th, 2021, 08:19 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Could you add the official FAQ's to army cards maybe as an aside as text because sometimes in tournaments we are looking for rulings pertaining to a certain card so this function would be very helpful.

Also I should have all the classic card scans in PNG format somewhere as I have all the card scans in my Google Drive found below.

Also found on my Drive is a list of maps Sir Heroscape was mentioning, any map that passed BoV, Wos, ARV, or if none of the above was used at Gencon. If you want to use them I can organize them to these specifications in the off chance they are in a different scheme. I haven't used the sheet in a while since no new maps or major events have been run.

@Sir Heroscape , does the recent ScapeCon count as Gencon for making maps "Official" in this capacity or is the list reserved for Gencon exclusively?

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old July 26th, 2021, 12:43 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
does the recent ScapeCon count as Gencon for making maps "Official" in this capacity or is the list reserved for Gencon exclusively?
While I'm obviously not Sir H. and can't speak for him, I'd recommend treating them that way for the purposes of these resources.

"Official" is a strong word, but the purpose of the resource (as I understand it) is to list good maps that have gone through rigorous examination and testing for inclusion in a major map pool.

For what it's worth, the people that made the map pool for ScapeCon this year are basically the same people that have been working on the GenCon map pool (at least in the past few years). So I think adding them to the list of 'GenCon' maps in any map resource would be useful.
Old July 27th, 2021, 03:57 AM

^what he said

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old July 27th, 2021, 08:23 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

I saw them added to the Gencon Map list so I'm adding them to my sheet. I really need to redo my sheet as well but for a list of maps I have that and all the PDF files.

Old July 27th, 2021, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
Could you add the official FAQ's to army cards maybe as an aside as text because sometimes in tournaments we are looking for rulings pertaining to a certain card so this function would be very helpful.

Also I should have all the classic card scans in PNG format somewhere as I have all the card scans in my Google Drive found below.

Also found on my Drive is a list of maps Sir Heroscape was mentioning, any map that passed BoV, Wos, ARV, or if none of the above was used at Gencon. If you want to use them I can organize them to these specifications in the off chance they are in a different scheme. I haven't used the sheet in a while since no new maps or major events have been run.

@Sir Heroscape , does the recent ScapeCon count as Gencon for making maps "Official" in this capacity or is the list reserved for Gencon exclusively?
Responding to the bold above, looks like I deleted them. You can still grab the PDF's I have and save as them. As for the map list its currently updated.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software