Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old October 3rd, 2007, 02:07 AM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
what's all this talk about Q9 taking out Minions. when faced with Q9 i usually get 2 squads of Minions to take him out. (1 squad is probably enough but i rarely draft 1 of any common, ever)

unless it's an absolutely flat battlefield, flying will get them to him. 6 defense dice will keep them alive (except for the lowly Zettians, 6 is the highest squad defense without special defensive power). and if they get a +1 attack from something (usually height) then it's all over for Q9. i know this from experience.
I second this statement, Minions have ALWAYS made an excellent Q9 counter for me when I've played. He just cant stop all of them consistently, especially if you draft 2 squads and even more so if you can get ahold of the movement glyph, these guys become a force of nature.

Plus their sculpts are one of my favorites for a melee squad, Axes are awesome.

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old October 5th, 2007, 11:47 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
I love these bad boys! I finally got a second set of these and it's awsome. They took out Kaemon Awa, Raelin, and Q10 all with 1 squad's worth of attacks. Thay are my second favorite squade naxt to thae Tagawa Samurai.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old January 4th, 2008, 10:37 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Does anyone know if their Deadly Strike applies to passing swipes? Reading the rules very strictly, it sounds like it doesn't, but I'm curious what others think.

"... the opponent's figure may take a 'leaving engagement attack' at your figure. To do this, the player who controls the opponent's figure rolls one die to attack. If a skull is rolled, your figure takes one wound."
Old January 4th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
Does anyone know if their Deadly Strike applies to passing swipes? Reading the rules very strictly, it sounds like it doesn't, but I'm curious what others think.

"... the opponent's figure may take a 'leaving engagement attack' at your figure. To do this, the player who controls the opponent's figure rolls one die to attack. If a skull is rolled, your figure takes one wound."
I do not think it has ever been applied to a disengagement or passing swipe, ever. So, no, it doesn't.
Old January 4th, 2008, 12:58 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Rev is correct. The same was asked about the Snipers not too long ago.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 4th, 2008, 03:10 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation
I already posted this army in the 500 point thread, but since I saw the book of Minions up here, I wanted to throw it out there. I really dig this army. I've played two games now and done really well.

Minions of Utgar x3
Warden 816
Zettian Guards
Isamu

Equals 500 points and I have a lot of fun with this one.

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old January 4th, 2008, 04:26 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
No love for Runa in whole book... at least so far.

Utgar's Orders really does make Runa a dangerous character. If Runa flies in just ahead of the rest of her army, engages a hero and starts attacking and Mitonsouling, what are you going to do? Leave her alone and come closer to the minions AND let her keep trying Mitonsoul? Stay put and attack her to avoid her D20 and possibly let the Minions catch up? Either choice poses some nasty potential consequences.

Utgar's Orders with Runa offers some nice versatility with a squad that is already strong in attack and defense, and a hero that has the capability to change the game with a good roll. It's a really underrated power, especially with Runa.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 4th, 2008, 07:06 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
The problem is you really need to get that good roll, or else that 120 points isn't going to do much. That doesn't mean you can't build a good army with that core, though.

220 Minions of Utgar x2
120 Runa
120 Marro Stingers x2
040 Filler

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 5th, 2008, 08:38 PM

StLouisBear is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I want to love these guys; but my set must be cursed. I cannot seem to roll any defense dice for them. Every time I draft them, they swoop in only to be gunned down by ranged units, outfought by some brawler, or even whipped by support units. I've lost a whole unit to original Raelin for goodness sake.

But they're just so cooooool.
Old February 17th, 2008, 06:46 PM

OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_dragon_master
Quote:
But i still say that the Minions are a great force - if only they have an 5 or 6 move instead of 4!
I cringe to think of a world where the Minions had a movement higher than 4!
That world's not to far when there's a move +2 glyph on the map....
Old February 17th, 2008, 10:19 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by StLouisBear
I want to love these guys; but my set must be cursed. I cannot seem to roll any defense dice for them. Every time I draft them, they swoop in only to be gunned down by ranged units, outfought by some brawler, or even whipped by support units. I've lost a whole unit to original Raelin for goodness sake.
Sorry to hear that - if you can't roll shields with six or seven defense dice, your armies must collapse like a house of cards on a regular basis.
Old February 18th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Last night I had a great time playing this army:

2 x Minions
Taelord
Marro Warriors
Deathreavers
Isamu (which, of course, means "ten points" in Japanese)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units