Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 14th, 2010, 12:06 AM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2010 format

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Marro View Post
I like the idea of a team format, it brings an extra little challenge. I think we should rank all the people entering into 3 general categories. 1 being the better players, 2 being average, and 3 being newer players. We'd match up the 1's with the 3's and then the 2's with each other. This way we do something different, and the newer players have a better chance of winning and might learn something new. Each player would have 300-400 points to play as, and I also would vote that each team should only consist of one general.
Like the idea of having teams. But I see 3 problems with it. 1. How are you gonna do rankings and hand out prizes (if we do have any) to teams? 2. Are teams allowed to have 2 of the same unique figures? Like if I brought an army with Marro Warriors and my teammate also has Marro Warriors in his army? 3.Matches could take awhile to finish. I say maybe lower the army point value to 200-300 point range if we are doing teams to make it go faster.
1. Perhaps 2-3 people submit their idea's who know the community or we could just look at last year's rankings.
2. No, teams would have to bring extra pieces or communicate beforehand. The other thing we could do is assign teams generals so that even with no communication there could be some synergy. This is the one part presenting some challenge.
3. I agree with lowering the point value or we could just play by time.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old September 14th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't mean to be a Negative Nellie, but I'm not a fan of team play and i think they would take even more time. How about a standard tournament, but you can bring treasure glyphs with your army-each treasure glyph has a predetermined cost.
Old September 14th, 2010, 01:33 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Team concepts take too long unless you drop the point totals for each army down to 300 or so. This limits a lot of what people can play as a result but keeps games down on time, most hour long games would not result in total victory otherwise and still might not. We'd be better off not doing teams.

Personally I'd just stick with the basic format but change the point totals to 450-500. Use of some basic glyphs would be fine. Alternatively we could limit armies to certain amounts of squads to encourage hero play more, of course I envision 25 armies built around Q9 with that concept though.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 14th, 2010, 01:36 AM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I like the idea of a team format, it brings an extra little challenge. I think we should rank all the people entering into 3 general categories. 1 being the better players, 2 being average, and 3 being newer players. We'd match up the 1's with the 3's and then the 2's with each other. This way we do something different, and the newer players have a better chance of winning and might learn something new. Each player would have 300-400 points to play as, and I also would vote that each team should only consist of one general.
Like the idea of having teams. But I see 3 problems with it. 1. How are you gonna do rankings and hand out prizes (if we do have any) to teams? 2. Are teams allowed to have 2 of the same unique figures? Like if I brought an army with Marro Warriors and my teammate also has Marro Warriors in his army? 3.Matches could take awhile to finish. I say maybe lower the army point value to 200-300 point range if we are doing teams to make it go faster.
1. Perhaps 2-3 people submit their idea's who know the community or we could just look at last year's rankings.
2. No, teams would have to bring extra pieces or communicate beforehand. The other thing we could do is assign teams generals so that even with no communication there could be some synergy. This is the one part presenting some challenge.
3. I agree with lowering the point value or we could just play by time.
Sounds good. Liking the general idea :P But again we'll see what the majority decides on what the tournament should be like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I don't mean to be a Negative Nellie, but I'm not a fan of team play and i think they would take even more time. How about a standard tournament, but you can bring treasure glyphs with your army-each treasure glyph has a predetermined cost.
Also a great idea. But remember I think the final say on changes will be determined by everyone and WNFB. For the most part I am totally fine with last year's format, but I welcome change. Just haven't thought what we could do to mix things up.
Old September 14th, 2010, 01:52 AM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

The team concept was just an idea. I don't care how we play, my army's pretty much built unless we do something radically different. 520's my vote for a point total if we do do a standard tourny. Another Idea we could do to determine the point total is take in everyone's vote and average it out? That might give us a unique total.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old September 14th, 2010, 02:44 AM

LoneHero2008 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I'll only be bringing one army if that is ok, although I will need to know where and when it will be held. For those of you who don't know, I'm TimmyTheNerd on YouTube, so chances are those of you who follow me on YouTube will know what my army may be.

Also, if it is too far for me to travel, I'd like to know if anyone is running any carpools?

Old September 14th, 2010, 03:38 AM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

The location and times will likely be the same from last year (see link at the top of the thread.)
I think the whole mixing things up is great for keeping games fresh but feel that tournaments are best left with little left to chance (glyphs) or with reliance on others (teams.)
Post-tournament play could fill all varieties hungered for.
Old September 14th, 2010, 03:55 AM

LoneHero2008 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Ok, that helps. I was wondering if anyone is doing a carpool or something? I'd REALLY like to go to this thing and have two armies made and ready, however I have no means of transportation.

So if anyone is heading to it and willing to make a stop at San Jacinto, please send me a PM and we can make arrangements.

Old September 14th, 2010, 02:56 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
The location and times will likely be the same from last year (see link at the top of the thread.)
I think the whole mixing things up is great for keeping games fresh but feel that tournaments are best left with little left to chance (glyphs) or with reliance on others (teams.)
I second this reasoning. For me, since I have no means of getting to GenCon, NHSD is the one time during the year where I have the opportunity to play in a truly competitive tournament with 30 other Heroscape enthusiasts. Because of that, I want that tournament to be, for lack of a better phrase, straightforward. We have all the rest of the year to play games with unconventional rules.

However, if there is a big pull toward doing different style games we could do a classic, bracketed elimination tournament and run side-games once people get out.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old September 14th, 2010, 09:39 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
Quote:
I second this reasoning. For me, since I have no means of getting to GenCon, NHSD is the one time during the year where I have the opportunity to play in a truly competitive tournament with 30 other Heroscape enthusiasts. Because of that, I want that tournament to be, for lack of a better phrase, straightforward. We have all the rest of the year to play games with unconventional rules.

However, if there is a big pull toward doing different style games we could do a classic, bracketed elimination tournament and run side-games once people get out.
Wouldn't bracket take forever tho?
Old September 14th, 2010, 10:08 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
Quote:

Wouldn't bracket take forever tho?
A 32 person bracketed tournament would take 5 rounds which is the same amount we had last year. But it really isn't my first choice. (That would be staying the same.)

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old September 14th, 2010, 11:32 PM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!

I liked the format from last year. I don't see the need to change it. Adding treasure glyphs might be interesting. The one great thing I did like about the new D & D scape was the treasure glyphs. If we make them random and say 2 on each board, it could prove for an interesting game. The only down side I can see is having to resuffle all of the glyphs after each round.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day