Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Closed Thread

Old June 7th, 2007, 06:07 PM

Geosmores has disabled reputation
Looking for feedback

Hello all

My wife and I started playing Heroscape a couple of weeks back and really enjoy it. We played all of the maps that came with the Master Set, but my wife was not really happy with the maps. She wanted maps that were more balanced for each player. She want something more like the competition maps (I hope that is the correct term) posted here.

So I sat down with the stuff we had (Master Set and Road to the Forgotten Forest expansion) and made up a few maps. We both enjoyed them, so I thought that maybe some others would enjoy them also.

But before I uploaded them, I wanted to get some feedback about them. Since I have only played about a dozen games and with not many of the additional hero expansion, I am not sure if there are any really stupid mistakes in the layout of them and do they look fairly balance and interesting.

Each of the maps use only 1 MS and 1 RtFF. They were designed for play with armies between 300 and 500 points, in basic destroy the other side game play. We also play with random glyphs.

Any comments are welcomed positive or negative.

Thanks Geosmores
Old June 7th, 2007, 07:01 PM

da master826 has disabled reputation
Those are good, and I think that what you mean are symetrical maps.

Go here-> http://www.pixyak.com/ for uploads and chatty fun.
Old June 7th, 2007, 07:14 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
Nice looking maps!
Welcome to the site.

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old June 7th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart
Welcome to the forums Geosmores!

I prefer constructive criticism opposed to negative comments

These are good looking maps. Chargon hills has a nice high spot in the middle to fight over with good cover in the center. Visually I like the placement of the walls. You may want to push the trees by the starting zones a bit closer to the center to provide some additional cover if someone has to advance under fire. Some ruins could also help add some cover and force some options.

I'm a little concerned about the placement of the high grounds in your other two maps. Both seem to have high grounds off to the sides near starting zones, which could turn the map into a shooting gallery. The glyph placement is good, but it may not be enough to entice someone off the high ground or incent someone to fight for the hill.

I always try to provide a blind approach to that sniper point.

Thanks for sharing.

Cry endgame and let slip the doggin of war.
Old June 7th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, Geosmores!

On behalf of our photographic and retired community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the fellowship, praise and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

Satyr is a long time competitive map builder and player and the advice he gives here is excellent. The more blind spots you create the more viable your melee units will become.

~Aldin, trying to locate his fire, chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 8th, 2007, 05:31 AM

Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker
Hi Geosmores

very nice maps & presentation, looking forward for more. Glad to hear that you and your wife are enjoying heroscape. So i assume what we will see some bigger maps from you soon?!?

... and welcome to the Site.

My Maps for 1, 2 and 3+ Mastersets

"We donīt cost enough." - Marro Warrior, just cloned.
Old June 8th, 2007, 08:44 AM

j-Bird is surprisingly tart
Welcome, Geosmores!

Bronwore Lowlands is my favorite. On this map, most of the play will likely be concentrated around the middle. Move the glyphs to the extreme edges to spread the action around map.

Good looking maps. Its always nice to see some quality single master sets maps. Keep them coming.
Old June 8th, 2007, 09:21 AM

super kyrie has disabled reputation
Welcome to the boards, Geosmores!!! I liked all 3 maps, but Bronswore Lowlands is my favorite. Keep the maps coming!

Zombies, they just won't stay in the ground will they.
Old June 8th, 2007, 10:58 AM

Geosmores has disabled reputation
Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

Also thanks for all the comments on the maps, I think I will make a few slight changes to some of them and play them once with my wife to see how they work out before I upload the files.

I also did a few more 1 ms maps that I need to test a few times with my wife, hopefully they will turn out.

geo
Old June 8th, 2007, 11:38 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Your maps are nice simple maps! Good Job
Old June 8th, 2007, 12:10 PM

WBDH has disabled reputation
great 1 ms maps. i concur on the bronware suggestion and would add that those glyphs be seven or eight spaces away from the bridge so that most range units wont be able to sit on the bridge and pick off glyph grabbers at their leisure. also on bronware you may consider placing the trees closer to the entry points of each side of the bridge to provide cover for melee units who can make it to the bridge but cant ascend it in one round.

INSERT PITHY POP CULTURE REFERENCE HERE.
Old June 8th, 2007, 01:13 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Brownore Lowlands and Chargon Hill are great! I'm not a fan of the first one because the roads don't really seem to do anything.

(Btw, nice sig, j-bird.)

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios