Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old September 10th, 2007, 09:50 PM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
TNT Book of Ares (Johnny139)

The TNT Book of Ares
Here's the link to Ares' TNT Trial: Ares' Trial

TBA

Synergy Benefits Received
Marvel+other TNTs:

N/A

Classic:

N/A

Synergy Benefits Offered
Marvel+other TNTs:

N/A

Classic:

N/A

TBA

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old September 12th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Holy crap, where have I been!?! I didn't even notice!
Old September 12th, 2007, 04:36 PM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
Welcome, to the world of tomorrow!!! (My Futurama quote for the day)

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old September 16th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
This guy is a beast! We played him in a few games today and he was great. The gladiator arena battle games we played is where he really shined. We did a draft, disregarding points, of 6 heroes each in a 3 way gladiator battle. Each round 1 figure from each team enters the arena (this was an idea I got from Craig at last year's Comic Con). When Ares was in the battle he was the center of attention. He went down in each match but he was always the hardest kill.
Old October 7th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
Why would his Helmet not be targetable? He wears almost the same style Helm as Marcus and all but the "Plume" is targetable?
Old October 7th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Maybe his helmet is indestructable? He is a "god" afterall ... (I have no idea, really, just speculating).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 8th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Well, I didn't make the card, whitestuff did. I orginally had the helmet targettable, but he changed it around. Oh well, it doesn't bother me much.
Old October 9th, 2007, 10:14 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Well, I didn't make the card, whitestuff did. I orginally had the helmet targettable, but he changed it around. Oh well, it doesn't bother me much.
I did but I'm happy to change it. I just figured it looked like a tough helmet, that's all...

*EDIT* Tell me where to send it and I'll can give you the psd file. It's only 21mb after all. *EDIT*
Old December 16th, 2007, 10:37 AM

ejacobs1 has disabled reputation
Don't see the TNT stamp on his targeting sillouhette. Terrific looking card though.

E
Old December 17th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yes, this should get a TNT stamp on the actual card.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 17th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Right...

I'll post this in the TNT submissions thread too.
Old November 29th, 2008, 11:41 AM

sdschlager is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: TNT Book of Ares (Johnny139)

I am an avid Heroclix player and I have been playing Marvel Heroscape since its release. Due to my growing impatience with reinforcements, I recently discovered these custom creations and decided to play test some of the TNT and NM24 pieces the other night.

I have a little problem with Ares. He seems either overly powerful or under costly at 340 pts. Mathematically, he should beat the Hulk in a head to head battle and have only 3, 4 or 5 wound markers depending on whether Hulk engages with Superleap at the end of a round and which character has initiative in the final round.

With a steady attack of 8, Ares should roll an average of 4 skulls per attack. With a defense of 6, the Hulk should roll an average of 2 shields per defense. So the Hulk, on average, can withstand 4 attacks from Ares.

The Hulk should only deal 1 wound marker per attack to Ares. The only way he can do more is with the Stomp attack, but with an attack of 3, that only averages one wound marker on the first attack (1.5 skulls to 0.3 shields). After that, it becomes a lesser attack (1.5 skulls to 1.3 shields, 1.5 skulls to 2.3 shields...).

So, if the Hulk sneaks in an attack at the end of a round in which Ares had initiative, and then receives initiative in the next 2 rounds, it would go like this:

Ares takes 1
Ares takes 1
Hulk takes 2
Ares takes 1
Hulk takes 2
Ares takes 1
Hulk takes 2
Ares takes 1
Hulk dies

And Ares only has 5 wound markers.

I know the book is closed on this, but I think it would be better if Ares either lost 1 attack die for every 2 wound markers or he started with a natural 6 attack and gained 1 attack die for every 2 wound markers. This would make the Hulk last another round, making the two of them pretty evenly matched in hand to hand combat, but the Hulk would have the advantage in mobility, justifying the extra 30 pts.

Just my two cents.

Last edited by sdschlager; November 29th, 2008 at 02:36 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations