Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old March 6th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HexScape

Yep, you should change the server name in the options for : hexscape.lyrgard.fr:4242

If it still doesn't works, then we should worry about Lyrgard... :/

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old March 6th, 2016, 11:35 AM

SCSte Woo who?

Still not working
Old March 6th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

It didn't work for me, either.
Old March 6th, 2016, 06:59 PM

SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker

I couldn't get it to work, either.

However, if you're willing to revert to an earlier version, you can set up your own server with 1.1.3. I tested that on my machine, and it worked fine.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll post a link to the server.

"It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."
Old March 7th, 2016, 07:16 AM

SCSte Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipperySlope View Post
I couldn't get it to work, either.

However, if you're willing to revert to an earlier version, you can set up your own server with 1.1.3. I tested that on my machine, and it worked fine.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll post a link to the server.
Yes i'm interested. So i have to uninstall 2.0 and install 1.1.3 right?
Old March 9th, 2016, 11:45 AM

SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSte View Post
So i have to uninstall 2.0 and install 1.1.3 right?
I haven't uninstalled 2.0. I have several versions of HexScape on my machine and that hasn't cause any problems for me.

Here is the link and Lyrgard's instructions for using the server:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
Here is the link to the 1.1.3 version of the HexScape server

You just need to run it on your computer
Then, on the client on your computer, in the option, for "server url", you should put "localhost:4242", or "<IP of your computer>:4242", all others computer should put "<IP of your computer>:4242" there, and it should work.
When I've run the server, it doesn't pop up any messages or whatnot. However, after running it, when I go into HexScape and click on the online option, it works for me.

The only way I've found of stopping it is with Task Manager.

"It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."
Old March 10th, 2016, 04:46 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I just restarted the 2.0 version server on my server at hexscape.lyrgard.fr:4242, it should work better now. My server probably was restarted some day, and as I didn't put the HexScape server to be auto started at startup, it was down.

Sorry for the wait ! You should have send me a pm !

I'll update the links in the OP, as well as providing a 2.0 version of the hexscape server.
@SlipperySlope : Yes, the server is intended to be a "background" process. I usually run it in a console (with command "java -jar <the server .jar>"), so I can kill it with Ctrl + C or just closing the console when I'm finished. If you just double click on it, yes, the only way to kill it is with TaskManager.
Old March 10th, 2016, 07:13 AM

SCSte Woo who?

I have tried multiplayer in 1.1.3 and it works. Now i wil try again in 2.0, thank you.
Old March 10th, 2016, 10:48 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

@Lyrgard
It worked in 2.0 now also. Is there a way to play online without relying on your server? I'd prefer not to have online Scape relying upon just one person.
Old March 10th, 2016, 10:52 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
@Lyrgard
It worked in 2.0 now also. Is there a way to play online without relying on your server? I'd prefer not to have online Scape relying upon just one person.
@Xorlof

Anything we can do about having this run on heroscapers?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old March 10th, 2016, 11:54 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
@Lyrgard
Yes, of course ! The only problem is that the download link for the HexScape server in the OP is not up to date (so it don't work with the latest version of HexScape). I intended HexScape to not rely on a single server.

I'll update the link in the OP as soon as I find the time. Then anyone could download the HexScape server and run an instance.
In the HexScape client, in the option, you can set the server you want to use.

This way, you can even play HexScape on a local Lan without internet access. Or for a tournament, a server could be prepared for that, dedicated to the tournament, to isolate it from the rest of the world.

I provide a running instance of the server (well, when it is not down, at least), but it is more for tests than the official HexScape server.
Also, if an "official" HexScape server appears, I'll gladly set it as the default value for the server setting in the options of HexScape, instead of my server.
Old March 10th, 2016, 03:57 PM

I added a link to the latest HexScape Server version in the OP.

The server can be launched just by double-clicking on it (providing java is installed on the computer), or it can be run from command line, using the following command :

java -jar <hexscape server jar here>

Running it on command line also enable you to change the port it will use (by default, 4242), with the following syntax :

java -jar <hexscape server jar here> -p <port>

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software