Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old October 14th, 2010, 05:04 PM

ArghYeMatey Woo who?
Re: ArghYeMatey's Battle Reports Updated: 10/12

While I'm trying to decide on a good map, here's a battle report to vote on:

Army 1: Khosumet, Brunak, WoB x2, and 10th x2.

Army 2: Agent Carr, Nakita Agents, Krav Maga Agents, Kee-Mo-Shi, and Tarn Viking Warriors.

The battle will be up on Saturday.

I haven't taken apart Riposte yet, so it will be on that map, with two non-treasure glyphs, picked at random.

Argh - Bionicle and Heroscape fanatic

Need a battle to excite you?
Read ArghYeMatey's Battle Reports here!
Old October 14th, 2010, 05:06 PM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

Im going to go Army-1. This gonna be good.

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old October 14th, 2010, 07:22 PM

ArghYeMatey Woo who?

For which battle, Marroking?

Old October 14th, 2010, 10:13 PM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArghYeMatey View Post
While I'm trying to decide on a good map, here's a battle report to vote on:

Army 1: Khosumet, Brunak, WoB x2, and 10th x2.

Army 2: Agent Carr, Nakita Agents, Krav Maga Agents, Kee-Mo-Shi, and Tarn Viking Warriors.

The battle will be up on Saturday.

I haven't taken apart Riposte yet, so it will be on that map, with two non-treasure glyphs, picked at random.
This one. I posted like 2 seconds after you posted the armies.

Old October 16th, 2010, 05:28 PM

ArghYeMatey Woo who?

All right, here is the battle:

The Setup: Army 1 has four 10th on the left, Khosumet and all of the WoB in the middle, and the other 10th and Brunak on the right.
Army 2 has the Tarns and two Nakitas on the left, the Krav and Kee-Mo-Shi in the middle, and Agent Carr with the final Nakita on the right.

Round 1 19-20

1.The Tarns charge to the base of the hill, and then sweep over the hill with berserker charge, aiming to attack the 10th.
1. The WoB bond with Khosumet, and he heads toward the Tarns. His faithful wolves follow and kill two Tarns, one with a normal attack and one with the special.
2. The KMA advance, and while the guys fail to kill any wolves, the female Krav shoots a 10th on the right.
2. The 10th on the left charge forward and finish off the Tarns.
3. The Nakitas advance, and then shoot the wolf that had pounced previously and a 10th that had shot a Tarn.
3. Brunak advances toward a Krav and a Nakita, and brings a 10th along for the ride.

Round 2 20-6

1. The wolves bond with Khosumet, and he moves a space away from a Nakita on the left. A wolf risks the engagement strike with that Nakita and dies for it. Two wolves in the start zone charge forward and kill a Krav in the middle of the map.
1. A krav grabs the height right next to the left glyph and shoots Khosumet dead, and the other one ascends the hill on the right and fails an attack on Brunak.
2. The 10th get busy, and grab the glyph on the left, which is the common attack +1 glyph. He then kills the Krav next to him. Another on the left dies to the Nakita's Engagement Strike, and two on the right engage a Krav and shoot a Nakita.
2. The Nakita shoot the 10th on the glyph.
3. With his move of six, Brunak ascends the hill on the right and kills the final Krav.
3. Agent Carr moves toward KMS's starting area and takes an unsuccessful pot-shot at a 10th.

Round 3 17-6

1. Three wolves pounce, and one dies to a Nakita, while another dies to Agent Carr. The third, however, kills Agent Carr.
1. The Nakitas make their way towards KMS and fail an attack on a 10th.
2. Brunak charges towards them, and brings a 10th along for the ride.
2. KMS isn't willing to let that happen, and she charges at him, failing an attempt to mindshackle, an attack attempt, and then finally having a succesful Toxic skin roll that gives him one wound.
3. Another 10th falls to Engagement Strike. The last three 10th fire at KMS, but her thick armor/skin/whatever keeps her safe. They also grab the other glyph, which is the Wound glyph.
3. Order Marker lost. (on Agent Carr)
KMS takes a wound from the glyph.

Round 4 12-13

1. KMS fails. She just fails.
1. Brunak also fails.
2. A wolf falls to the Nakitas, but Brunak stands strong.
2. A wolf pounces a Nakita dead.
3. The final Nakita shoots that wolf.
3. WTF pierces KMS's armor/skin and inflicts two wounds on her.
KMS falls to the glyph of Wannok.

Round 5 11-9

1. Brunak charges at the last Nakita and ends the game.

Army 1 wins, with three 10th and a two life Brunak left!

All right, I have decided on the map. The starting zones will be on hills, and then will go down into flatlands, and from their into swamp and water. In the very middle, there will be be a stretch of road going from the top to the bottom of the map that will have some semi-randomly placed battlements on it. On the top and bottom of the road, there will be two glyphs.
I'm hoping to have the battle up by Tuesday.

Old October 16th, 2010, 10:05 PM

Re: ArghYeMatey's Battle Reports Updated: 10/16

2-3 I am. Why I am starting to talk like yoda is beyond me.
Great report as usual.

Old October 19th, 2010, 09:18 PM

ArghYeMatey Woo who?
Re: ArghYeMatey's Battle Reports Updated: 10/19

Battlefield description: The start zones are 30 spaces, basically being a 24-hex pice with three added to the front and to the back to smooth out the start zones. All but 11 spaces of the start zones have a height of 2, the 11 have a height of 3. The moment you leave the start zone, the height goes down 1, and after you go 7 spaces, you reach the middle which is a piece of road cutting right through the middle. The road peices are in a 1-2 format(as in, it's one space wide, then two, then one again). On the top and bottom are glyphs, and the glyphs are sorrounded by battlements. directly to the left and right of the glyphs is water. This way, it forces the player to go around the battlements(or get somoene with a move of 6 and height of 5) and get stuck in the action in the middle. With the road having a height of 2, it also means whoever controls the middle has the advantage.

The Setup: Army 1 has all the MacDirks in the front of the start zone, with Eldgrim in the very front of the group. In the middle of the MacDirks is Gilbert, with Isamu directly behind him. Behind all them are the Minions of Utgar.
Army 2 has the Capuans in front, Spartacus and Crixus right behind them, and the Brutes right behind them.

Round 1 4-8

1. The Capuans bond with Sparty to move him forward, and they move in front of him.
1. The MacDirks send Eldgrim forward, and then follow.
2. Crixus and three more Gladiators move forward.
2. Gilbert moves up to the first group of warriors, uses his dispatch to move four in the starting zone forward, and is followed by another four crazy macdirks.
3. A group of Brutes advance.
3. As do a squad of slow moving Minions.

Round 2 1-11

1. GLADIATOR INSPIRATION! Crixus advances onto the road, while two Capuans go over the road and kill Eldgrim, who whiffed both of his defense rolls. A third Capuan get on the road next to Crixus, and two spaces away from the glyph.

1. Gilbert fails an attack on a Capuan and brings the same four MacDirks as before one space closer. The normal moving MacDirks use Gilberts attack aura to kill a Capuan.
2. Crixus, with height, has an attack of seven, which he uses to blow away a MacDirk. More Capuans get onto the road and another that had moved before grabs the top glyph, which is the move +2 glyph.
2. Gilbert fails an attack and his dispatch. Four MacDirks make up for it by killing two Capuans.
3. Spartacus advances onto the road and cuts down a MacDirk.
3. More Minions advance.

Round 3 17-14

1. Gilbert grabs the bottom glyph, which is the Range +4 glyph. A dud. He makes up for the dud glyph by rolling five Jandar symbols. The MacDirks engagle and attack Spartacus, but fail at inflicting wounds.
1. Spartacus kills a MacDirk, and then three Capuans in the back use the movement bonus to engage and kill a MacDirk.
2. Two minions advance a few spaces away from the road, while another in the starting zone flies a pitiful four spaces forward.
2. Spartacus frees himself of MacDirks, and his Capuans inflict a wound on Gilbert, while also going over the road and killing a MacDirk.
3. A MoU clears the move glyph, while another whiffs an attack on Spartacus and yet another advances from where he started towards the battle in the center.
3. Three Brutes advance, and one uses Barge into Battle to switch places with the Capuan attacking Gilbert. It inflicts two wounds on Gilbert, bringing him to three.

Round 4 19-15

1. Gilbert retreats and takes a wound from a disengagement attack, and his now furious warriors kill two Gladiators and inflict a wound on Crixus.
1. Two Horned Skull Brutes get on the road and attempt to kill a Minion, but fail. another Brute in the back advances.
2. A minion grabs the move glyph, and a suddenly speedy flies into action only to whiff his attack. The other Minion next to Spartacus attacks him, but is blocked.
2. Attack of six from Sparty vs. a defense of six from the impudent Minion. Attack of six win against whiff. The final three Capuans advance and kill a Minion.
3. Gilbert moves some MacDirks forward two spaces, while four other slaughter two Brutes and a Capuan, not to mention the wound the inflict on Crixus.
3. Two Brutes leave their starting zone and move toward the battle, while a third one clears the move glyph of another whiffing Minion.

Army 1 has lost: 6 MacDirks, 3 Minions, Eldgrim, and Gilbert has 4 wounds.
Army 2 has lost: 7 Capuans, two Brutes, and Crixus has 2 wounds.

Round 5 5-18

1. The Brutes grab the Move glyph, and then kill two MacDirks.
1. The MacDirks do some charging and kill a Brute in the very center of the map, and also inflict three wounds on Spartacus.
2. Spartacus gets revenge and kills the MacJerk that hurt him. The final two Capuans kill another Macdirk.
2. Another two MacDirks move in to replace the dead ones, and they mop up the Capuans and a Brute, and also bring Crixus to one life. Amazingly enough, one Capuan died to an attack of one when he rolled .
3. Two Brutes advance and kill a MacDirk, while another one in the starting zone advances.
3. A squad of Minions advance.

Round 6 6-10

1. Spartacus wades through the dead MacDirks into the gap just made by a Brute, and kills Sir Gilbert, insuring that the MacDirks are no longer deadly.
1. The Minions couldn't care less, and they kill two Brutes and add another wound to Spartacus.
2. Three Brutes advance and avenge their fellow Goblin's death by killing a Minion.
2. The MacDirks are more dangerous then Spartacus thought, and he dies for it, along with a Brute.
3. A Minion falls to the brutes, and another Brute in the start zone advances.
3. The Minions fly toward the action and kill a Brute.

Round 7 7-11

1. Crixus kills a Minion.
1. Crixus and a Brute die.
2. The final three Brutes attack back and kill a MacJerk.
2. The Minions do some more flying, and one whiffs his attack against a Brute.
3. Another Minion falls to the persistent Brutes.
3. And a Minion whiffs an attack again, while another flies just outside of the action.

Round 8 17-5

1. The Minions kill a Brute.

1. The Brutes fail to kill anything, but only because of good defense rolls.
2. Another Brute dies.
2. The final Brute whiffs.
3. Isamu advances.
3. And another Minion falls.

Army 1 has: 1 Minion, 4 MacDirks, and Isamu.
Army 2 has: 1 Horned Skull Brute.

Round 9 7-4

1. The final Minion whiffs, as so many of his brethren did against Brutes.
1. The Brute whiffs to.
2. The MacDirks surround the Brute, and he dies.

To tell the truth, I was really hoping that the Brutes would win, just because it was a cool army.

Sorry Fen Hydra. I guess Myself can't beat Me in a Melee fight.

Old October 19th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

2-6

@ ArghYeMatey: Don't worry, I have a strategy figured out on how to boost my wins. I select the player I think will win, and then change my choice!

Very nice and detailed report (as always)!
Old October 21st, 2010, 12:57 PM

ArghYeMatey Woo who?

@Fen Hydra: Hm, you know, that just might work!

And thanks.

All right, here is the next battle. It will be fought on the battle field I used for the previous battle. And the battle itself should be up by Monday.

Army 1: Moltenclaw, Oger Pulverizer x2, Tagawa Samurai Archers x2

Army 2: Master of the Hunt x1, Frost Giant x1, Fen Hydra x1, Goblin Cutters x2.

I made the armies above with the intention of using figures I haven't before, and testing out the new figures to see how awesome they are.

Last edited by ArghYeMatey; October 22nd, 2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old October 21st, 2010, 04:29 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

Army 2. I never lose...
Wait...
Army 1.
(2-6)

Old October 25th, 2010, 07:38 PM

ArghYeMatey Woo who?
ArghYeMatey's Battle Reports Updated: 10/25

The Setup: Army 1 has the TSA in front, and the Ogre's and Moltenclaw behind.
Army 2 has the Goblins in front, and everyone else directly behind.

Round 1 8-4

1. A squad of TSA advance.
1. Some Goblins advance.
2. More TSA advance.
2. And more goblins advance.
3. An OP advances.
3. And the Fen Hydra advances.

Round 2 19-4

1. The TSA go onto the road and shoot a goblin. Two goblins advance in front of the road.
1. The goblins use their mob attack to kill two of the Tagawa archers.
2. The other Ogre advances.
2. The MotH advances, but can't javelin a Samuria archer due to a low d20 roll.
3. Moltenclaw torches a TSA, and two goblins.
3. The Fen Hydra makes it's way towards the enemy.

Round 3 19-18

1. The TSA advance to block off the goblins and the Hydra.

1. The Hydra kills all three of them.
2. A pulverizer advances and inflicts a wound on the Hydra, but also takes a wound.
2. The MotH inflicts three wounds on the Ogre, and adds the two needed to finish it off with Mortal Strike.
3. Moltenclaw gets a terrible roll for his burning breath, and the MotH and the Hydra easily block it.
3. The Frost Giant advances.

Round 4 2-12

1. The Fen Hydra advances and brings Moltenclaw to one life.

1. The Ogre inflicts three wounds on itself, and a wound on the Hydra.
2. The MotH kills Moltenclaw.
2. Order Marker lost.
3. The Frost giant advances.
3. Order marker lost.

Round 5 15-5

1. The Ogre inflicts a wound on itself and the Hydra.
1. The Hydra attacks back and brings the Pulverizer to one life.
2. The Pulverizer is self counter struck dead in an attack against the Hydra.

Army 1 wins, with a 1 life Hydra, full health Frost Giant and MotH, and five goblins.

I actually had to re-do this battle, starting at the second order marker of round 4, because I forgot to subtract one attack for the Hydra when it was attacking Moltenclaw.

Overall, it was a bad fight for Army 1, and especially for Ogre Pulverizers, who couldn't even kill the Fen Hydra and kept on taking wounds when attacking it.

@Fen Hydra: You never lose. Remember that next time.

As usual, feel free to question, comment, etc.

Last edited by ArghYeMatey; October 27th, 2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old October 28th, 2010, 04:05 PM

ArghYeMatey Woo who?
Re: ArghYeMatey's Battle Reports Updated: 10/25

Alright, here is the new battle:
Same map, random glyphs.

Kato Katsuro's army: Kato Katsuro, Ashigaru Yari x3, Ashigaru Harquebus x3.

Ornak's Orks: Ornak, Krug, Blade Gruts x4, Marro Stingers x2.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports