Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old May 21st, 2010, 11:28 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Overview on double spaced figures (pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
No pretty pictures, but here's a double-based trick that reveals that the Templar are slightly stronger than you might at first think. It's taken from my battle report from the Chaos in the Capital tournament a couple of years ago.

Quote:
...My pre-tournament preparation (which was mainly thinking about 'scape while I should've been thinking about other things) revealed one trick with the Templars that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere on the boards (maybe because it's obvious and I'm just slow). I call it the "Templar Shimmy." Imagine the following set-up, all in a straight line, where E represents an enemy figure, B a blank space, and T-T is the double-based Templar:

T-T E B B E

Without leaving engagement with the first enemy, it's possible to charge at the second:

B B E T-T E

It's also possible in a few configurations that aren't in a straight line. Well, I thought it was cute, but I didn't get a chance to use it. Anyway, enough theoryscape, onto the fighting...
Neat trick! Now, if some one could just come up with a strategy that makes me appreciate the Groks...
Old May 21st, 2010, 03:16 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
I assume you're being sarcastic. But in case not (or someone else doesn't recognize it), yes, Taelord does have Stealth Flying (before it was called that). You can check his BOOK here on Scapers or any FAQ for that clarification of the way in which his card is distinct from any other flying card.
Wow! I never actually noticed that!

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old May 22nd, 2010, 06:50 PM
has been BANNED

airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
No pretty pictures, but here's a double-based trick that reveals that the Templar are slightly stronger than you might at first think. It's taken from my battle report from the Chaos in the Capital tournament a couple of years ago.

Quote:
...My pre-tournament preparation (which was mainly thinking about 'scape while I should've been thinking about other things) revealed one trick with the Templars that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere on the boards (maybe because it's obvious and I'm just slow). I call it the "Templar Shimmy." Imagine the following set-up, all in a straight line, where E represents an enemy figure, B a blank space, and T-T is the double-based Templar:

T-T E B B E

Without leaving engagement with the first enemy, it's possible to charge at the second:

B B E T-T E

It's also possible in a few configurations that aren't in a straight line. Well, I thought it was cute, but I didn't get a chance to use it. Anyway, enough theoryscape, onto the fighting...
Neat trick! Now, if some one could just come up with a strategy that makes me appreciate the Groks...
Groks have no hope bro.

I still don't know why they are more expensive then the Templar's. It seems like the TK's have more potential then the Groks. I guess it's the bonding...
Old February 11th, 2016, 03:00 AM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart

What happens when an opponent only has double spaced figures left and you just park ranged units on single hex spaces that arent reachable by a double hex figure

if those areas dont cover the whole map, do games get called as stalemate?
Old February 11th, 2016, 08:57 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekoxe1 View Post
What happens when an opponent only has double spaced figures left and you just park ranged units on single hex spaces that arent reachable by a double hex figure

if those areas dont cover the whole map, do games get called as stalemate?
The person who designed the map loses. Technically, however the range figure will eventually destroy the double spaced figure so range wins the day.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 11th, 2016, 09:10 AM

unless the double space figure can stay out of range.

OK, I was just making sure I had this right. So map designers are discouraged from making single hex high areas for this reason?
Old February 11th, 2016, 10:17 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekoxe1 View Post
unless the double space figure can stay out of range.

OK, I was just making sure I had this right. So map designers are discouraged from making single hex high areas for this reason?
I always try to make sure that anyplace on the map is accessible by double spaced and non-flying figures.

As awesome as a map with a bunch of towering cliffs and tors can look, it is no fun to play on map like this:

with no flyers against an opponent who can get up on top.
Old February 11th, 2016, 10:19 AM

I've been thinking about that, so glad I did ask as I could easily have put up some one space areas like that, so its good to know thats a general no no (and it makes sense why!)
Old February 11th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

That said, don't let no-no's stop your creativity.

Some of the most fun I have had is doing a big Kyrie battle among cliff sides. I remember one amazing game where Spiderman and a couple of monks faced off on top of a mountain. It was a map that would never "fly" in a tournament but it was a blast to play. Actually when playing with Superheroes you generally have a lot more freedom on the way you create your map since so many of them have flying, range or some other movement power.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 11th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, maps like that are the reason it wasn't until the Protectors of Ullar that Flying figures had normal Ranged attacks in official 'Scape, and that was pretty late in the game. Same logic for why there's extremely few ranged bonding squads too.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles