Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old January 4th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Using classic scape in AotP

Had a game on the weekend, with Nissa and Black magic verse a Brutes and Cutter Army. We subbed in a few Red Cards for Black to keep it competitive. The brutes tore through the Zombies fairly quickly but had a harder time with the Reavers. in the end it was Nissa verse a ton of Cutters, but a few well played spell cards and their ranks were greatly thinned.

Nissa survived with 2 life remaining - not a bad match up at all.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old January 4th, 2016, 03:44 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
@Marro_Warlord Utgar should be the red I believe and Valkril the black
I would disagree, as Red has more "Chaos" effect than Black. However, yes, they're both evil factions. (This was also done because I needed to give Chandra an army, and I lack a lot of Einar, Aqullia, and Valkrill guys.)

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old January 4th, 2016, 04:11 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd say Utgar is Red/Black (there's a new Plainswalker in the new expansion that wields two colors). Examples of his red units are the DWs, Gut orcs/archers, Minions, etc. Black units he controls are Zombies, Shades, etc.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old January 4th, 2016, 11:59 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
I would disagree, as Red has more "Chaos" effect than Black. However, yes, they're both evil factions. (This was also done because I needed to give Chandra an army, and I lack a lot of Einar, Aqullia, and Valkrill guys.)
This is why I said what I did.
Red = Passion/Chaos/Antagonism; so is Utgar.
Gruts are Red's orcs/goblins.
Even Utgar's cards are a red color while Valkril's is a deathly theme.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old January 5th, 2016, 08:07 AM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
This is why I said what I did.
Red = Passion/Chaos/Antagonism; so is Utgar.
Gruts are Red's orcs/goblins.
Even Utgar's cards are a red color while Valkril's is a deathly theme.
Yep. Makes sense. Though, Valkrill doesn't have much of an army himself. Should Black get anything more?

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old January 5th, 2016, 05:45 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Confred, I agree, Utgar has red units like the Gruts you mentioned but he also has undead units like Zombies of Morrindan and Shades of Bleakewood, so he's more of a red/black split.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old January 6th, 2016, 11:10 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I agree with the @The B.I.V. on this one. Why not just make them a split to cover their bases. I believe some of the new planewalkers are multi colored.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 8th, 2016, 10:49 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@TREX I agree, I split a lot of Einar in this way.
Izumi Samurai went to White, while Tagawa Samurai went to Red.

If you want to skew figures one way or the other to best fit your personal armies go ahead.
I find taking an outside entity and fitting it to an inside theme one of the most entertaining aspects of creating customs.

Old January 29th, 2016, 01:03 PM

Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker

Likewise and once we start tweeking things it becomes what we want. Hasbro has to tread lightly due to new players to HS and MTG , its a lot to take in..Any seasoned Magic player knows mixing colors will get you a killer deck ( Tho most of mine are just Blue lol ). We have the time and passion to pick things apart and etc. Like look I am now converting my Magic Decks to AotP / HS playable I have to ignore,bend,make up and modify rules here and there. These things I do for ME...and My Game...with My Ways ..tho I will try to share ( Thanks for the help on Unsummon Confred!, tho I'm proly gonna use my way but thanks to your input gotta make changes lol ) . Rant over....... Here is something I put together at work yesterday :

Rootwater Mystic

So I the numbers look good, now to figure out mechanics ..In MTG this is a single figure, but to use it in our game it is so weak, Life 1 Attack 1 Defense 1 ,as a single unit not worth summoning so I would give it 3 life or make it a squad , I will have to playtest this out as well its ability ..gotta make a formula/rules for such a thing and make sure my 5 pt cost for it is good. I also am going to toss away the Plainswalker can cast 3 spells a turn and just use good ol LAND and Mana management.( So do I have a Plainswalker tired from crossing over slowly summoning his Mana one land at a time( an running for dear life in the first few turns or maybe starts with 3 land as an open,gotta play it and figure it out ). As even the Rootwater Mystic needs mana to power it's ability ..just like some HS figures NEED TURN MARKERS ...Well I guess im doing the reverse of this thread I'm trying to put Magic and AotP into classic HS.

ALL ARE ONE

Last edited by Lord-IVD; January 29th, 2016 at 01:08 PM. Reason: wording.
Old February 11th, 2016, 05:08 AM

Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker

Just ran one hell of a game and had no issue with any rules Green vs see my Kaliscapers post for more info ..

ALL ARE ONE
Old February 13th, 2016, 03:43 AM

What if the Magic player's "Planeswalker" had no attack or defense but had 20 life?

Old February 14th, 2016, 11:27 AM

I am figuring on giving a Planeswalker his normal Magic 20 hp for spell damage along with his figures hp .. That way things like Lightning bolt 1 red mana 3 damage to target figure or player is not OP. Two ways to kill a Planeswalker 20 pts magic damage or the figures hp. Direct damage to players spells hit the 20 hp ..things like Pestilence hits both .

ALL ARE ONE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender