Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old November 5th, 2011, 05:21 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
caps' maps - 2023-02-25 updates:Cage Match Redux and Seagate

Go here for my multiplayer maps.

------------------------------------

uploaded originally by Dignan 2012-05-13
edit by caps uploaded 2023-02-25

Cage Match Redux

Requires: 1 SotM, 1 FotA

Glyph configuration: strong glyphs must be placed in the center (Ulaniva, Wannok, Valda, Thorian, or even C3V's Lorja Ivor or Yngvild), with useful glyphs on the outsides (Valda, Dagmar, Wannok, Lodin, or C3V's Holdir).

note: the glyphs of Brandar are treasure glyphs.

Link to .pdf
Link to .hsc

uploaded 1/7/2023

Har Overrun
by caps's son

Spoiler Alert!

This is a map made by my son

A battlefield for two armies of 400-600 points.

Uses 1xRotV, 2xRttFF, 2xTJ, and 4 Cryptoliths from Arena of the Planeswalkers: Shadows over Innistrad
Uses Pillars of Har destructible object rules from Arena of the Valkyrie for the Cryptoliths. Cryptoliths are represented in the build instructions by the Concrete and Asphalt tiles. Cryptoliths may be omitted (replace concrete with grass 1-hexers and omit the asphalt entirely).

Suggested glyphs: 2xValda on the outsides, 2xDagmar on the insides

Optional rule: Thin Foliage
Figures may move onto spaces with jungle bushes, but may not end their movement on jungle bushes.

.pdf

uploaded 11/5/2022
updated 02/25/2023

Seagate

Glyphs of Brandar are optional Treasure Glyphs

Uses 1xRotV and 1xFotA

.pdf
.hsc

uploaded 08/28/2022
updated 09/18/2022

Kingfisher

Uses 1xSotM, 1xBftU, and 1xTT

.pdf
.hsc

uploaded 05/23/2020
Thaw

Uses 1xRotV, 1xBftU, 1xTT

link to .pdf
link to .hsc
updated 10/28/2018
uploaded 01/31/2017
Halcyon

Uses 1xSotM, 1xBftU, and 1xTT

.hsc file
.pdf file
09/18/2016
Roundabout Marsh
Spoiler Alert!

09/04/2016
Swamprat Circle feels a lot more rough around the edges than Manor Ruins, but I have posted it here regardless. EDIT: Swamprat Circle has been revised (09/18/2016)
Swamprat Circle
Spoiler Alert!

09/02/2016:

It has been a while since I have put together a map of my own. Here is my latest creation in its first iteration:

Manor Ruins
Spoiler Alert!

05/11/2011:

I am entering Rÿchean's Tournament Map Contest. Before I submit my maps I would like some feedback. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Both of these have been through a few revisions already, but no playtesting. They are due before midnight on the 14th of May.

5/10: Maps updated again.

Reset
Spoiler Alert!

As I was working on revising Reset, I came up with this. I still plan to release a revised BftU Reset, but I like this SotM version because I can actually build it (I still don't have any BftU terrain).

Reset the Swamp - added 6/16/12

Helplessness Blues
Spoiler Alert!

Pocket Full of Posies
Spoiler Alert!

Mulberry Bush
Spoiler Alert!

Pillars and Roads
Spoiler Alert!

Old Maps

Spoiler Alert!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; February 25th, 2023 at 11:52 PM. Reason: added Cage Match Redux; updated Seagate
Old November 11th, 2011, 10:33 AM

The Doctor is surprisingly tart
Re: capsocrates' multi-player maps -Stone Pass -11/5/11

I love the map! I hope you continue to make and post good multiplayer maps. They are very hard to come across and build.

Old November 11th, 2011, 11:38 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
I love the map! I hope you continue to make and post good multiplayer maps. They are very hard to come across and build.
Well met!

The Gang of Four (under my auspices) has played a number of FFAs on Nadi's maps, although they may require too many terrain sets for you (https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...12&output=html).

Otherwise, I'd suggest free building them. Read dok's series of blogs on map-making, as well as the various other articles/blogs on the subject. Also, I found rouby44's templates (http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=26898) extremely helpful.
Old November 12th, 2011, 07:01 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Thanks! I have built several, with varying degrees of symmetry. I have gotten better each time, so I feel that this is my best map, but when I get a chance I will try to post some of the others as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
[Well met!

The Gang of Four (under my auspices) has played a number of FFAs on Nadi's maps, although they may require too many terrain sets for you (https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...12&output=html).

Otherwise, I'd suggest free building them. Read dok's series of blogs on map-making, as well as the various other articles/blogs on the subject. Also, I found rouby44's templates (http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=26898) extremely helpful.
I have seen Nadi's spreadsheets, but as you say, they typically have too many terrain requirements.

--
--
--

--
Old November 12th, 2011, 07:02 AM

Also, can anyone tell me how to upload .pdfs so that people can download my maps?

--
--
--

--
Old November 13th, 2011, 01:12 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Unless you're a Site Supporter or Contributor, you can't upload files to Heroscapers.com. However, file sharing services like Mediafire let you upload and link files such as PDF.
Old November 13th, 2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Unless you're a Site Supporter or Contributor, you can't upload files to Heroscapers.com. However, file sharing services like Mediafire let you upload and link files such as PDF.
I suspected as much. Thanks for the tip.

--
--
--

--
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:05 PM

Re: capsocrates' maps - Reset and Helplessness Blues -5/1/11

I'm going to enter Rÿchean's map contest and would like some feedback. Reset and Helplessness Blues are the maps I plan to put forth. Let me know what you think!

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; May 1st, 2012 at 11:42 PM. Reason: I've noticed that everywhere I type Rÿchean's name, there's an umlaut above the 'y' after my comment is published. Clever.
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:29 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I can't see the Pics.....

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old May 1st, 2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Mm... I think I see what's going wrong. Are you able to share photos using google docs or do you upload them to image hosting sites?

EDIT: I replaced the broken images with links to their current home on google docs. I'll try to upload them elsewheres soon so that you don't have to click anywhere to see them.

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; May 1st, 2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:22 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Mm... I think I see what's going wrong. Are you able to share photos using google docs or do you upload them to image hosting sites?

EDIT: I replaced the broken images with links to their current home on google docs. I'll try to upload them elsewheres soon so that you don't have to click anywhere to see them.
I use PhotoBucket and it works great!

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:43 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Reset looks like a lot of fun to play on, but it's pretty big for a tournament map. The build instructions list it at 35"x38" (and it doesn't look like that will change much by turning it) it won't fit on a lot of tables, and on tables it does fit on it won't leave a lot of room for cards, dice, rollers, or another map. You could probably squeeze the footprint down without changes the general feel of the map too much by tightening up all the level 1 24-hex plates in against each other, and chopping off the 5 hex "tail" from the start zones (that will also help bring the SZs a bit closer together, resulting in faster action).

I love the footprint of Helplessness Blues. I doubt that the corners beyond the glyphs will see much action, but I think that it's visually striking enough that it might be worth leaving the dead space. Any reason you went with fixed glyphs instead of random? There is also a tempting Raelin perch out from the left of each SZ-the level 5 1-hexxer 6 spaces out that covers the hill and glyph might tend to draw ranged pods to camp there.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios