Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 18th, 2011, 02:49 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Bay Area Brawl - NHSD'11

Gah, I give up. I don't know what to bring. Normally I focus on simple-to-play armies with little OM management. But with this format....

I wonder if games will go longer, assuming that more complicated armies may result in more complicated decisions and more time spent deliberating.
Old September 18th, 2011, 03:10 AM

onibaku06 is surprisingly tart

I know right. Its even more frustrating for me and Aaron. Speaking of which, he is finally on heroscapers. His name is Ruckus, but I can't seem to find him anywhere to message him. Can someone help me out with this?

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown
Old September 18th, 2011, 11:21 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

I wouldn't get too over-wrought about making the perfect army for this format. Even with a 50/50 die roll any one of us could easily be playing our own armies for all the matches...and the frantic pace of the tournament setting can throw anyone off their game in regard to remembering synergys, even if you are playing your own army.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old September 18th, 2011, 12:39 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by onibaku06 View Post
I know right. Its even more frustrating for me and Aaron. Speaking of which, he is finally on heroscapers. His name is Ruckus, but I can't seem to find him anywhere to message him. Can someone help me out with this?

Look at the very, very bottom of every page. There you will find a link to "Members List". You can go directly to the "R"s and look or do an Advanced Search. There you can search for everybody who has joined after a certain date, for instance. BTW, I couldn't find him either.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old September 19th, 2011, 04:30 AM

Thanks cm, I appreciate the help. He messaged me, so I have his page linked. Stop by and say hey to Aaron folks!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/member.php?u=26793

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown
Old September 20th, 2011, 01:48 AM

mariogolbee is surprisingly tart

I know I'm a noob here and all, but is anyone from San Jose interested in carpooling? I'd be happy to put some money toward gas. I just started here, but I can point you toward a couple of other forums where I have more time. Just send me a PM. Thanks for your consideration!
Old September 20th, 2011, 01:50 AM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
I know I'm a noob here and all, but is anyone from San Jose interested in carpooling? I'd be happy to put some money toward gas. I just started here, but I can point you toward a couple of other forums where I have more time. Just send me a PM. Thanks for your consideration!
Oh hey, a new member, and a Bay Area 'Scaper to boot! Welcome welcome.
Old September 20th, 2011, 01:52 AM

Just to remind people: if anybody wants to come by BART, I can always arrange to pick people up at the Castro Valley station and drive them the mile or whatever it is to Ronin's Games. Just holler!
Old September 20th, 2011, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
Oh hey, a new member, and a Bay Area 'Scaper to boot! Welcome welcome.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm still lurking, as suggested, in order to get accustomed to protocol on this site. Just started 'Scaping recently, but I've bought TONS of sculpts and a handful of sets thus far. It's Tom Vassel's fault I tell ya. After seeing his video review I just had to have it all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Just to remind people: if anybody wants to come by BART, I can always arrange to pick people up at the Castro Valley station and drive them the mile or whatever it is to Ronin's Games. Just holler!
I may take you up on this offer. Car's not working right now, but I get a free VTA pass because I go to SJSU, so I'm pretty comfortable with public transportation right now. I checked the 15th on Google maps last night for public transportation and I think it just wigged out on me. It gave me time estimates for the 4 and 9 hour one way trips, and they were both for the 2nd!
Old September 20th, 2011, 03:41 AM

Mariogolbee, welcome partner. Glad to see you here and hopefully at the tournament. I'm new myself, and you picked a great group of folks to mingle with.

You got hooked on Heroscape from Tom Vassel? LOL same here. After watching his review, I was hooked.

-Unknown
Old September 20th, 2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onibaku06 View Post
Mariogolbee, welcome partner. Glad to see you here and hopefully at the tournament. I'm new myself, and you picked a great group of folks to mingle with.

You got hooked on Heroscape from Tom Vassel? LOL same here. After watching his review, I was hooked.
Thank you! I hope to be there as well and hope to get to know some folks here. I'll still mostly be lurking and learning for a while. I've noticed how some of the old timers here feel about noobs posting, and I don't want to be in that situation.

I noticed that he has many 'Scape videos, but this is the one that did it for me.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w_IGcscNGk I love how he just throws everything around, but it's the way he describes the game's possibilities that hooked me right in. "Roman archers and the Hulk and robots from the future..."
Old September 20th, 2011, 02:28 PM

Mariogolbee, don't feel shy about posting! Posts from new-timers only generate complaints if they display poor grammar/punctuation/attitude. I can assure you, from reading your posts, that you will NOT fall into that category.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day