Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old September 15th, 2007, 07:26 PM

Torredo has disabled reputation
Easier way to play HS

Ive just given up using all them annoying HS AT/DEF (Skull/Shield) Die,
so what i do is a few things such as:

on the battle cards themselves i change/alter a few things to suit a 1d20 game --->yea thats it! (x1) 1d20!

So to do this change on the battle cards....

A. Add more LIFE to each battle card, i generally use the AD&D methods.

B. Add a new one called "Damage" this is the actual damage that characters weapon does to your enemy. This number can be from 10-20 or 40-60, etc... depending...

C. Defense has to be altered, in this case i usually change it to the tenths, Example: DEF 2 on original card, i have it as DEF 12,
Now this is used when you roll

D. Attack i think stays the same on each card, this is the bonus off each 1d20 roll. In this example well say the
attack is 3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example:

A. You roll a 9 on the 1d20,

B. Add the +bonus to this rolled number,

*This will equal the total "ATTACK" to your foe, which in this case is a 3 so...... The rolled 9 + 3 Bonus = 12

C. Now, if this number comes to or over the DEF on the battle card then this means its a HIT!!

D. Take the new DAMAGE number, and this is the number of LIFE removed from your enemy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let me know what you think of my methods?
cuz i seem to love this way, and it means NO more AT/DEF dice!!

only things now is i want to somehow get your dudes gearing up like D&D where you collect armor, swords, etc... meaning different attributes in DMG, Etc....

Old September 15th, 2007, 07:36 PM

ron3090 Woo who?
I don't think HeroScape can get much easier, especially looking at these rules. They just complicate, not simplify, it.

ron3090 is 'Shotgun' Sullivan...
in the ECRU CAVE...
Old September 15th, 2007, 07:37 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
First of all, Heroscape is not hard or complicated at all.

Secondly, that method sounds way more complex.

If you want this game to be D&D, go play D&D. Personally, I like both. They're completely different games.
Old September 15th, 2007, 07:38 PM

i redid it simple form, as it was messy...sorry
Old September 15th, 2007, 07:39 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
That overcomplicates it. It's simple already, so why butcher it?

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 15th, 2007, 07:40 PM

i find it easier then using multiple AT/DEF die myself, and thought you guys would find this alright too?

hmmm
Old September 15th, 2007, 07:42 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Read Biltog's post. If you want to play D&D, play D&D. If you want to play Heroscape, play it as it's meant to be played.

Old September 15th, 2007, 07:47 PM

i dont collect Lead miniatures as they are heavy in weight and on my wallet, I have a lot of HS stuff and love it but...

i dont like having a sack full of AT/DEF die, especially when you have a few legions going on at once.
Ex: my 12 Romans against my nephews 12 KOW, Swog riders, Orcs, etc///

so this makes it so much easier and cleaner. Next thing i want to do besides adding in armor, shields ,swords, etc...
is make these battle cards square, more compact like a "magic" card per-say

i dunno....
Old September 15th, 2007, 07:49 PM

Not to me. The dice are like part of the game. Those huge amount of dice... that my friends, is part of the joy of Heroscape.

Old September 15th, 2007, 07:50 PM

to each thier own i guess?
Old September 15th, 2007, 07:50 PM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!
How would each card's special abilities work? Just get rid of them? It would make the game easier, but then if we really wanted to play an easier game we'd dig out Candyland.

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old September 15th, 2007, 07:51 PM

ron3090 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
Not to me. The dice are like part of the game. Those huge amount of dice... that my friends, is part of the joy of Heroscape.
Well said.

ron3090 is 'Shotgun' Sullivan...
in the ECRU CAVE...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions