Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old February 10th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Greenscale Warriors - What's your army idea?

So, there's already tons of discussion on these guys, but I figured I'd start an army-building thread just for them anyway.

For those who don't know:

Goofy names are a plus, in my opinion:

Greenroller (I've seen dok, rattyZ and several others call it by this name)
4x Greenscales 240
Charos 450

White Greenie (my name idea, a pun on an old M:TG deck type)
Nilfheim 185
5x Greenscales 485

Christmas Tree (ET86 build)
Zelrig 185
3x Greenscales 365
Raelin 445
Marro Warriors 495

Post your army ideas!

Which matchups will they be good against? What will give them trouble? How should you round out the army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; February 10th, 2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old February 10th, 2010, 02:53 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Greenscale Warriors - What's your army idea?

Love Triangle-ish

GS x3
Mimring
Arrow Gruts x3
Swog Rider x2
500 - 24 hexes

-insert signature here-
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

210 Charos
180 3x GW
210 3x 4th Mass

Greenroller at the beginning, with Warriors portecting Charos, then bring out the 4th Mass once they're dead. Or you could start off with the 4th Mass and rush in the greenscales after.
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:03 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I was thinking only 3x on the Greenroller, but I'd need to test it to know what's the right amount. You really want Charos and the Greenies to last about the same amount of time.

210 Charos
180 Greenscales x3

If you're afriad of rats, add Kaemon or, if possible, a Major. If you want a juggernaut that beats opposing melee, add Raelin (and whatever else you have room for).

For The Nilfheim build, I prefer Krav in stead of the Marro Warriors, for a more balanced overall army, even if that means dropping down to 2x Greenscales.
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
White Greenie (my name idea, a pun on an old M:TG deck type)
Yes!

The Queen King
Braxas 210pt.
Marro Warriors 50pt.
Greenscale Warriors x4 240pt.

(any other Braxas/Lizardmen varient would work with the title, but I needed a name )
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:15 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

King of Queens
Braxas 210
3x Greenscale Warriors 180
KMA 100

Who da king (this game)?
Nilfheim 185
Zelrig 185
2x Greenscale Warriors 120

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.

Last edited by tomcollins2000; February 10th, 2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:17 PM
The Animator

JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby!

Green & Grumpy!

-Mimring
-2x Greenscale
-Krug
-2x arrow gruts
-1x swog rider

495 points

3 bond options for the gruts
and 2 squads that bond with Mimring!
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:18 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I was thinking only 3x on the Greenroller, but I'd need to test it to know what's the right amount. You really want Charos and the Greenies to last about the same amount of time.
This should dictate the amount of Lizardfolk you draft, as they need their King to be worth their points. Thus, you'd only want around 2 squads with a more "fragile" unit like Nilfheim.

The great thing is that since Charos has the best survivability of the dragons, he gets the biggest boost from the Greenscales. Kudos to new waves reviving less played units!

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:22 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Love Triangle-ish

GS x3
Mimring
Arrow Gruts x3
Swog Rider x2
500 - 24 hexes
WOW thats so crazy it just might work!!

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:29 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

[quote=Cleon;1009679]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
The Queen King
Braxas 210pt.
Marro Warriors 50pt.
Greenscale Warriors x4 240pt.
That was my first thought.

My second was:

Braxas - 210
Raelin - 290
Greenscalex3 - 470

Depending how many points are left, I might throw in a squad of rats as glyph grabbers or additional screening. Ana might be nice in place of Raelin, too.
--

edit to add:

I agree with others that it seems like you don't want too many of these (if the dragon dies, you want points spent elsewhere), but having more should make it easier to keep the dragon alive.

In this case, putting more eggs in the basket makes it less likely that you'll drop the basket, but it's so much worse if you do...

Last edited by fomox; February 10th, 2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Acid Bath

Othokurik-140
x6 GW-500

This will be an ugly army. Lil' Blackie can quickly move around on swamp/dungeon maps, and the GW will come in droves to crush the enemy. If you slow roll this army, when it hits the opponent, it will be a tidal wave.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:34 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Braxas - 210
Raelin - 290
Greenscalex3 - 470

Depending how many points are left, I might throw in a squad of rats as glyph grabbers or additional screening. Ana might be nice in place of Raelin, too.
Ana can't heal huge figures.

That is a nice army, for sure. lonewolf definitely seems to be leaning in this direction, with the idea being to not worry so much about the +1A/+1D bonus, and just use the greenscales as an agressive screen for the dragon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion