Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 6th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: South Florida Game Days: Sept 25 and Oct 16 (NHSD!!)

I have posted prize support that I have received so far in our NHSD event thread. Check it out.

And, hopefully, there is still some more to come--Troll and Toad and millermixture have each expressed interest as well, for example.

A big public thank you, here, to all of these sponsors that help make our event possible and extra memorable!
Old October 11th, 2010, 03:29 AM

Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker

Wow some good looking prizes! And looks to be an amazing turn-out, Well it looks like Rebecca and I will be comming to your tournment after all. We talked and just liked the point total a little bit better. Plus, I have a really cool army idea.

Quick question. First tournment I played we had to report our reinforcments. At several other tournments and gencon, you do not. Leaves a bit of tactical planning once you see who your oppenents are in the final 4. Not a huge deal but can make a difference, especially if you play down a few points before the finals. Just seeing if you have a ruling on this.

Thanks!
Old October 11th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Wonderful--it will be great to have you guys out for this!

The prizes do look good--and hopefully there is still more to come. I'm working on it. (Sandra's $25 GC came through (House Mouse, I should say), and I'm hoping that tomorrow brings some good mail from most of the others!)

As to reinforcements, I was thinking of doing it GenCon style. You can choose your extras based on what you see in the Final Four. It is a nice way to add a tiny bit of drafting to the game.

My plan is that someone (me or someone not in the Final Four if I happen to make it) would act as recorder. That all the Final Four would write down their addition(s) and then report privately to the recorder, so there is no info leakage--the drafting happens simultaneously and privately. (Does that make sense? We haven't done reinforcements like this before, so I'm open to thoughts or refinements on this.)

With relatively mild reinforcements, I don't think this will be too big a deal. But, again, let me know your thoughts.

I'll also post this over in the NHSD thread, so the info is there as well.
Old October 11th, 2010, 10:25 PM

Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker

Thanks and sounds good to me. I was just wondering because I have my reinforcments picked and will most likly not change them.

But if were to make it to the finals and there were say 3 glad/blast armies or rat armies I would consider bringing a squad of repulsers instead. Just one case that came up while I was army planning and if it were allowed thought everyone should be able to plan as such.
Old October 12th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Adrian Monk

Yeah, I wanted to leave things open for a possible Repulsors addition or a Johnny Shotgun or something. I think most people will go in with a primary choice for their reinforcements, but some kind of secondary choices as well.

Can't wait!
Old October 12th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Adrian Monk

Just wanted to note here that I added a new post (and new info) at the NHSD event thread.

More prizes are coming, I added T-glyphs for Blackroot (oops), and I am wondering about Jotun's Gap and glyphs--might be an issue--what do you all think?

Speak up here.
Old October 13th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Adrian Monk

The big package from Wizards came--yeah! (3 BftU and 1 D2)

Also I'm looking for help with set-up. I posted this in the NHSD tread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg
I'm looking for help with maps.

I've got Jotun's Gap, Fulcrum, Blackroot, and Can't take the Heat already built.

I can do one more Jotun's Gap and one more Fulcrum, but that about taps me out. (I may have enough for Quasatch as well, I'll look.)

Anyone else able to bring a map? If so, which?

Set up starts at 11am.
Old October 14th, 2010, 09:09 AM

Grail Woo who?

Let me know what is needed I can bring a map or two, I will be there at 11 as well.

The only thing I like about peace, is all the killing that can be justified in its name.
Old October 14th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Adrian Monk

Right now, I most need a Quasatch, a Blackroot, or a Can't Take the Heat. Any of those ones you have the parts for?

(If you don't, let me know which map(s) you can build and I'll juggle my supplies to make a different map. I have a lot of stuff and can make any of these maps, just not quite enough of all of them.)

Thanks for being willing to help. Glad you can come early as well, Grail, I appreciate that.

Anyone else able to help with maps? Or set-up?
Old October 18th, 2010, 09:31 AM

Grail Woo who?

Another Good Gameday, well put together thanks to Mmirg great prize and always well organized.

The only thing I like about peace, is all the killing that can be justified in its name.
Old October 18th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Adrian Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grail View Post
Another Good Gameday, well put together thanks to Mmirg great prize and always well organized.
Thank you for coming out--and bringing extra terrain as well as a new player. It was a blast.

Check out our NHSD thread for results and now it's time to chat about doing another game day, something more mellow. Maybe some fun team games? What do you all think?
Old November 7th, 2010, 10:33 AM

Grail Woo who?

We need another Gameday, no tourny just some team games and fun play I think late in Nov or early Dec sound good. Let me know who would be interested?
I am thinking team battles or perhaps epic battles, (teams of 3-4 vs 3-4) on huge maps.

Grail

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events