Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 10th, 2010, 04:55 AM

Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker
Re: NHSD 10' The Great Cape Scape Florida

My wife and I should be able to make it. Looking forward to playing with a new group! What kind of maps do you have in mind.
Old September 10th, 2010, 06:06 AM

Rokanza Woo who?

Hello Boondocksaint. I'm from the Cape and I talk to the people running the NHSD at a minimum of once if not a few times a week. Within the next few weeks they should have some maps set in stone and on our usual Monday meetings, we will be playing on them if you were interested to stop by and playtest (I understand you're a decent distance away). I can upload some pics for you once they are complete and we are positive that they will be used.
Old September 10th, 2010, 08:30 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokanza View Post
Hello Boondocksaint. I'm from the Cape and I talk to the people running the NHSD at a minimum of once if not a few times a week. Within the next few weeks they should have some maps set in stone and on our usual Monday meetings, we will be playing on them if you were interested to stop by and playtest (I understand you're a decent distance away). I can upload some pics for you once they are complete and we are positive that they will be used.
Rokanza, what time do you (GGGames) get together on Mondays? I've considered making the drive north to meet up with your group, but I thought it was usually in the afternoon on Mondays, which would make it impossible for me to make it.
Old September 10th, 2010, 11:54 AM

GGGames is surprisingly tart

we are at cool comics on mondays from 1pm to close (8pm)
Old September 10th, 2010, 01:04 PM

here is the link to the Final Map for The Tournment.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2709

Please give time for the Administers to review it before the link will be available

Last edited by GGGames; September 12th, 2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old September 10th, 2010, 01:31 PM

Here are some ideas of maps we have been looking at for the tournment so far. We also will need at least two more for a total of five. Take a look at them and some of the other maps that are BOV maps. We are open to suggestions.

Flash fires
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=300

Embattled Fen
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=134

Elswin Plateau
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2157

Last edited by GGGames; September 12th, 2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old September 11th, 2010, 03:36 PM

Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker

Any offical maps I would be fine with, just to let you know that the links are still not working though. Also just noticed that the last round would be a free for all. That sounds pretty cool. In the free for all, the only part I see that may be a problem would be 2 or 3 friends agreeing to team up against 1 or 2 others, giving them a guaranteed first and second place.
Old September 12th, 2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondocksaint View Post
Any offical maps I would be fine with, just to let you know that the links are still not working though. Also just noticed that the last round would be a free for all. That sounds pretty cool. In the free for all, the only part I see that may be a problem would be 2 or 3 friends agreeing to team up against 1 or 2 others, giving them a guaranteed first and second place.
Ok fixed the links. I'm not sure why they didn't work. When i pasted them again, they were excactly like the other ones. I understand your thoughts about the free for all. First we are going to have a judge for our event. Second when you look at the map you will see that it is a giant X. It actually forces two sets of people two fight each other first before they can get to the other two people. I understand your concerns because there will be some politicing going on, as with any free for all goes. Usually the person with the biggest threat is the one who ends up at a disadvatage. I mean really could you see three players letting Mimring fly around fire breathing 8 spaces and torching everything in its way. I wouldn't be apposed to the final 4 just asking it to be a team game with random teams being determined by a roll of the dice. Say highest and lowest on the same team. You do bring up a good point, but i think with some creative input from the forum here, there is a solution for your concern.
Old September 16th, 2010, 01:31 PM

Mascide Woo who?

Thanks Ryan, im excited about all the stuff coming up for Heroscape, I know everyone is going to have a blast.

Old September 17th, 2010, 10:59 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Please make sure this event is posted in the WotC prize support thread:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=32440

Event organizer also needs to PM me mailing information.

Thank you

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 18th, 2010, 09:14 AM

[quote=GGGames;1199700]When:
Date: Oct 16th 2010 -- SATURDAY
Time: Registration begins 10:00AM, Round 1 begins @ 11:00AM

Where:
Cool Comics & Games
231 Del Prado Blvd #3
Cape Coral, FL 33990

click this link for map:http://www.mapquest.com/mq/5-mHrz4a_IHFWV

Tournament Structure:
4 Swiss Rounds followed by final (four player free for all)
Ranking by Wins and SOS
Tiebreakers by ALS (whole-card, no fractional)
During Semi-Final - remaining players play a 5th swiss round

Glyphs (Treasure Glyphs will not be mixed on the same map as regular glyphs): Subject to change
• Glyph of Wannok (Wound)
• Glyph of Gerda (Defense +1)
• Glyph of Valda (Move +2)
• Glyph of Crevcor (Common Attack +1)
• Treasure: Heroic Rune (Attack +1 for carrying figure)
• Treasure: Talisman of Defense (Defense +1 for carrying figure)
• Treasure: Ring of Protection (Defense +3 - one time use for carrying figure)
• Treasure: Elixir of Speed (Move +4 - one time use for carrying figure)

Armies:

425 point armies
•Armies cannot exceed 24 starting hexes
•All sets thru D2 (except marvel) are allowed
•No Marvel figures or A+ units
•+1 SoS if you don't use more than 3 of the same common squad.

The Maps:
Flash fires
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=300

Embattled Fen
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=134

Elswin Plateau
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2157

The Final will be a 4 person free for all in the X Arena
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2709

Tournament Schedule:
(4 Swiss Rounds+Final)

10:00 AM -- Registration begins
10:45 AM -- Registration ends
11:00 AM -- Round 1 Begins (50 minutes)
12:00 PM -- Round 2 Begins (50 minutes)
01:00 PM -- Lunch break until 01:50 PM
02:00 PM -- Round 3 Begins (50 minutes)
03:00 PM -- Round 4 Begins (50 minutes)
04:00 PM -- Final Begins (50 minutes) - top 4 players
-------------- Remaining players compete in 5th swiss round during final
05:00 PM -- Prizes, Dinner, Cleanup, Casual Play

Entry & Prizes:
•All players must bring one Heroscape-related item as a prize (this is your entry fee into the tournament) or $10.00 cash. This can be a regular Heroscape product or something useful with heroscape (suggestions and past prizes have included dice towers, lexan mats, gift certificates to online gaming retailers, dice bags for holding dice/glyphs/markers, custom figs and custom terrain).

Attendance:
Pete Washburn - Tourney Organizer
Sam Pennington- Tourney Judge

Confirmed Attendees:
GGGames members (2)
Rokanza
Dominic
Kennon
Nick
Tony
Vic
Mike
Tommy
Rj
Ash
Denise
Doug
Joel
David
Shaun
Richard
Ivy

Possible Attendees:
[/quote/]

Last edited by GGGames; September 23rd, 2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old September 21st, 2010, 05:16 AM

My wife and I will most likly be comming. I think the maps and special rules are great so far.

I am however still concerned about the final map. FFA maps and games by there nature are very had to balance correctly. The final map heavily favors a few units, thus putting many others at a disadvantage. We play tested it and units like the airborne run the map. This is one of the reasons there are no tournment maps with turrets. Also units like Nilfhim and Cyprien are very OP here. On the other side, melee is is very weak and will be at a complete disadvantage to range and flyers.

While a great map and idea for a game day or something fun, I feel it has no place in a tournment setting and rather a finals game should take place instead.

To be honest, I feel bad if I am the only one who feels this way. We are the new people to your group and I don't want you to change your tournment format on our account! I like to see balance in tournment games but we are comming up there to have fun and meet new people. I just felt it important to point out the several pit falls of that final map!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day