Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 30th, 2015, 06:57 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Does this prevent a power like tough ?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old March 30th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Does this prevent a power like tough ?
Yeah, it should probably read

SHIELDBREAKER
Figures attacked by Malleus never receive additional defense dice from height advantage or special powers on any Army Card.

if just dice was the intent, or

SHIELDBREAKER
Figures attacked by Malleus never receive additional defense dice or automatic shields from height advantage or special powers on any Army Card.

if autoshields were intended as well. The current wording is slightly vague as to what it prevents.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; March 30th, 2015 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Modified slightly as per a recent clarification ruling glyph powers do count as special powers
Old March 30th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

What about something like this?:

SHIELDBREAKER
Figures attacked by Malleus can not roll more defense dice than the defense number listed on their card.
Old March 30th, 2015, 07:10 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

This was more the intent:

SHIELDBREAKER
Figures attacked by Malleus never receive additional defense dice from special powers or height advantage.

I think cancelling automatic shields bumps his points.

I can drop the re-roll and bump to Attack 5.
Old March 31st, 2015, 01:29 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm not sure I see the theme for Brutal Bodyguard, but I think I like Shieldbreaker (minus the re-roll).

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 31st, 2015, 08:15 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I like the power for Brutal Bodyguard, but I don't get the name - Brutal Distraction, perhaps? Opportunistic Blow?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 31st, 2015, 10:25 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm liking the Opportunistic Blow suggestion for the power name. I think it lends better to the power since it is more like you are attacking when they leave themselves exposed going after a friend rather than protecting them when nothing happens in the first place.

The re-roll on shieldbreaker was tacked on and almost indistinguishable from just having 5 attack. I'm glad to see the change. I otherwise like the theme of breaking through defenses (and thematic powers like Shield Wall) with his heavy Earthshatter.

I am unsure point-wise. The leaving engagement power definitely helps protect your gladiators making him more of a leader type figure, but I still think Crixus is his better when it comes to having a solid hero. 110 is probably about right, although I wouldn't be shocked at a price drop even (maybe 100). I am only guessing at his value.
Old March 31st, 2015, 10:53 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I don't like the Shieldbreaker power. It may be ok, but I would have to go over every possible corner case to make sure it doesn't cause problems. Do you want it to apply to glyphs too? Or special terrain like shadow?
Old March 31st, 2015, 01:53 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You could just word it like Cyberclaw: "Figures cannot roll extra defense dice from any special power on an Army Card or glyph". It wouldn't apply to terrain or height, but I'm not sure why it bypasses height to begin with. But that's just me.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old March 31st, 2015, 04:37 PM

RE: Malleus

Sounds like a good compromise on wording for Shieldbreaker is:

SHIELDBREAKER
Figures cannot roll extra defense dice from any special power on an Army Card or glyph.

Allows for Height Advantage and terrain (shadow)
Adds breaking through Glyph bonuses
Drops Re-Roll

For Brutal Bodyguard, the concept here is that Malleus is skilled in team combat. As the leader, he will rush into combat to free up his comrades. If an opponent drops their guard, he takes full advantage. This can be imagined in many ways - from creating a distraction, to locking up an opponent's weapon, or the threat of turning your back on the wild-eyed barbarian with the 14 pound hammer. Do you *really* want to risk that? You can also think of him as a fullback - blocking for his running back to allow them to break free. If you ignore the fullback, you get steamrolled.

Seems like the name is not resonating though. That can be changed, but are folks okay with the game mechanics?
Old March 31st, 2015, 04:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

The theme of the second power works, but something like Opportunistic Blow works better for me. Essentially, it's just what D&D calls "Attack of Opportunity".
Old March 31st, 2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
The theme of the second power works, but something like Opportunistic Blow works better for me. Essentially, it's just what D&D calls "Attack of Opportunity".
Zogross Hardscale has Opportunity Strike 15 (which operates very differently) but I was avoiding 'Attack of Opportunity' for that reason.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards