Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old July 15th, 2016, 10:20 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Controler View Post
Just starting a five player game of scythe. Here's hoping I do better this time.

Have fun and good luck!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 16th, 2016, 12:19 AM

Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker

Took second with 53 to my brothers 72 other. The players were at 37,26,16 I think. I definitely made a few wrong choices early which prevented me from getting more than 2 stars. lots of fun
Old July 16th, 2016, 07:40 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Controler View Post
Took second with 53 to my brothers 72 other. The players were at 37,26,16 I think. I definitely made a few wrong choices early which prevented me from getting more than 2 stars. lots of fun
It's fun to try different strategies, and it depends on what faction you are and what player board you have.

There are so many things that you want to do each turn. My one daughter has had trouble in taking some inefficient turns, while my other daughter is really efficient and not afraid to attack via tunnel or submerge in order to get a star. In fact, the last game she attacked to get a star and had 8 combat cards left over to be able to complete an objective that requires you to have 8 combat cards in hand after placing a star from combat. So she got 2 quick stars and was able to place her last one for upgrades a few turns later. My other daughter had so much more she wanted to do over the next few turns.

Old July 17th, 2016, 05:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

My daughters are in love with Scythe. We've played 5 games of it in less than a week, with the last 4 games happening since Wednesday night! Including the 5 player game I played it on Monday night with my gaming group, I've played it 6 times in a week. New record for me playing the same non solo game with others on a week.

It's nice to know that $100 went to good use

Old July 19th, 2016, 08:22 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My buddies are getting into the game buying. I have a buddy who just picked up Blood Rage, Scythe, and Shadows of Brimstone, so lots of fun gaming promised in my future. So far I've played one abbreviated game of Blood Rage that he was running away with, so another friend insisted we stop. I had to leave before they started a second one, sadly.

I also just got in an order with the Daybreak expansion to Battlestar Galactica, Firefly the Board Game, King of Tokyo (the new edition), and Pandemic Legacy: Season 1, so we should have lots of new stuff to play around with for a bit.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 19th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
My buddies are getting into the game buying. I have a buddy who just picked up Blood Rage, Scythe, and Shadows of Brimstone, so lots of fun gaming promised in my future. So far I've played one abbreviated game of Blood Rage that he was running away with, so another friend insisted we stop. I had to leave before they started a second one, sadly.

I also just got in an order with the Daybreak expansion to Battlestar Galactica, Firefly the Board Game, King of Tokyo (the new edition), and Pandemic Legacy: Season 1, so we should have lots of new stuff to play around with for a bit.
Sounds awesome Bats! Lots of good gaming in your future.

Old July 19th, 2016, 01:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Looks like that budget talk has paid off for you. Firefly is a blast, but it takes a while to set up with all the different cards to shuffle. Blood Rage can get away from you the first time or two you play it, but then everyone figures out how the game works and the games become more competitive.
Old July 19th, 2016, 01:23 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Yodaking, been on the fence over bloodrage, it made it into my amazon prime cart 2 times now. The two xwing starter packs have made it into the cart 3 times each, but they always end up getting kicked out. I have been buying multitudes of skylanders for my little girl instead. She likes me to play that with her on our ps3.

EDIT: Got in a couple games of Zombicide Black Plague in, with the new zombie bosses( Minotaur, Blobination, and troll.) Very cool expansion. It was played upon the requests of non gamers in my family. Which was pretty neat.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 19th, 2016, 01:49 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I've enjoyed Blood Rage. It is a different kind of game with lots of different viable strategies to try out. The game has a hard ending point too which is nice. Three Ages to play through and it's over. I've been solidly in the lead after two Ages and botched my card selection strategy for the last Age and lost the game. Lots of very cool minis too and I know you like your minis.

As for Zombiecide, a friend of mine has all of that after kickstarting it. Unfortunately he now has a girlfriend that doesn't let him have friends so even though he has it in hand it doesn't look like I'll get a chance to play it any time soon.
Old July 20th, 2016, 08:38 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
My daughters are in love with Scythe. We've played 5 games of it in less than a week, with the last 4 games happening since Wednesday night! Including the 5 player game I played it on Monday night with my gaming group, I've played it 6 times in a week. New record for me playing the same non solo game with others on a week.

That's really cool Hahma. I have still yet to properly play the game. I have played it once by myself playing 2 players (not automa rules) to learn the game. I didn't get all the way through before having to pack it up to clear the table for dinner. I don't know what was happening but I seemed to be going well with one team & not so well with the other. It was strange as by the time I was packing it up one team had 5 stars up & a lot of coins while the other didn't have any stars & very few coins. I don't believe I was trying to be biased to one side or the other. But I did like the game, I just hope it was some sort of sub-conscious bias & not a huge inbalance.
Old July 20th, 2016, 09:04 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Richard Borg News:

Due out in Aug., C&C Epic Napoleonics. Due out in Sept., Tricorne American Revolution. Also see below!

Gencon 2016 News:

The first youtube videos are out anticipating or reviewing hot games at the Con, now only two weeks away. I'm most interested myself so far in Cry Havoc. Also of interest is a redo of The Mutant Chronicles: Seige of the Citadel, by Richard Borg, Eric M. Lang, and Kevin Wilson (Yikes!) I'm hoping Taeblewalker will get that one, as he's more into adventure games, and I'm more into War/Euro hybrids. Tom Vassel is so excited in his review of Cry Havoc that says he'll chuck any game in his current collection to make room for it! And of course, there is Star Trek Ascendency. Should I let Taeblewalker get that one too, as I originally schemed, or is that placing too much on the poor man? (In other words, should I get it myself?) Hmmm...
Old July 20th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

That's really cool Hahma. I have still yet to properly play the game. I have played it once by myself playing 2 players (not automa rules) to learn the game. I didn't get all the way through before having to pack it up to clear the table for dinner. I don't know what was happening but I seemed to be going well with one team & not so well with the other. It was strange as by the time I was packing it up one team had 5 stars up & a lot of coins while the other didn't have any stars & very few coins. I don't believe I was trying to be biased to one side or the other. But I did like the game, I just hope it was some sort of sub-conscious bias & not a huge inbalance.
What factions did you play A3n?

You may not have been biased, but depending on the faction played and player boards used, one faction you played may have been more intuitive based on its ability and starting position in relation to the costs of the bottom row actions of the player board.

Upgrading early is pretty important in order to get more benefits from top row actions and making bottom row actions cheaper. Also, enlisting is helpful in getting free money, popularity, power or combat cards when you or neighbors use that bottom row actions.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games