Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 8th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
All right, Firemaster has been kind enough to offer to spearhead this project after finishing up some Wave 7 work. I just want to applaud all the efforts Firemaster has made thus far and continues to make with these great books.
Look forward to seeing more of it in the Marvel Rules/FAQ section soon.

Thanks, Firemaster!
And just a small reminder of the folks who got this concept off the ground (not me).

The origins of the Books concept.

and

The History of the Books
Old July 8th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99
Please forgive me a moment while I vent. Sure Revdyer PM'ed me on the 5th, and yes Firemaster PM'ed me TODAY, (the 6th), and asked but I still find it pretty offensive that there would be a consensus to "go ahead" and create the books without giving practically ANY time to respond. That's just my feeling on things. I already have all the data needed to create books as far as synergies and whatnot on a database, I was just waiting for scans to be able to know how they integrated themselves into the game with the other units.

It kinda killed the joy of the wave release for me entirely.
It wasn't a general consensus. It was my decision. So if you want to be upset with anyone about it, its on me, not on anyone else, especially not Firemaster I gave him the okay to do it.

I wanted to get the threads up fast before everyone else decided to start making their own discussion threads for the units. The whole point of the Books (as I see it) is to have a central location to talk about the units and cut down redundant threads, I was just trying to get them up as quickly as possible.

I apologize for killing the joy of this wave for you, that was not my intention.
I just want to say thanks to Nether and those involved in getting the books done so quickly!!! I tell you what, that was immensely appreciated. I've never seen a more smooth and organized release!! All the discussions were happening in the individual book threads and without merge it really helped. In this situation, it was exactly the right decision.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 13th, 2007, 04:50 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk
I'm sorry you didn't get to do the Wave 7 books, dnutt, but count your blessings - less stuff of which to keep track.
I actually realized this when I began updating the first set of waves 1-6! I didn't anticipate the attention it would need to keep them current, especially seeing as how I haven't had much free time to even log on lately. (There are still 3 or 4 books that I need to include the background story for!) My only concern with having different "authors" is the consistency of the wording and overall layout. Firemaster has done a GREAT job staying true to the form and I've only made minor recommendations to a few of them. I think it's important to understand by all 'authors' that if they decide to take control of releasing any books that they are entitled to keep them current! I also think it's important to get community approval before taking it upon yourself to release books, just so that everyone is on the same page. I hope I'm not being overly defensive or anything, but this is a project that has taken quite a bit of energy from everyone to get started,.... and it is progresing very well indeed!

PS - Sorry again to everyone for my initial temper tantrum!
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:27 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dane
This is going to be a great tool for when you're drafting. Thanks! It would be great to have a compact version for printing.
Copy the list, paste it into a standard Word document, with the page top and bottom margins set to .5 inch, 8 point type, print in three columns, and it's done.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 08:08 AM

If people want their books included in the index, please pm the link to me, so I can check them for uniformity with the other books. Thanks.

And, please, remember that when you post a book you are also making a commitment to keep it up to date as new information and new units that have an interaction with your book's unit come out. This is not a one-time thing.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:48 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
I have decided to update the current books with units whose cards have been released. This will help to avoid a massive overhaul once everything is released, and ensure that the books are released in a complete and orderly fashion.

I am still constructing some basic guidelines for Book Releases, and I'll post as soon as I'm done. There is much to do.

For any current Book Authors: I will be looking through all of the current books, and will be PM'ing you with suggestions/updates for the books under your edit control.

Current authors, and those interestwed in creating books should take a look HERE and post comments, suggestions, and concerns.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old June 6th, 2008, 04:03 PM

Re: The BOOKS of Heroscape INDEX, with Wolves of Badru

I understand, Junge Roman. These BOOKS are a great resource. They are also a major commitment for the authors. They not only agree to write and post the Books (after review, having them entered into the Index), but they commit to keeping them up to date. That means each new release, each new figure, each new terrain type might mean you have to go back and edit your Book. That's major, and these people ought to be thanked again and again for their dedication to the game and the site and the BOOKS. They are among my heroes, I sure know that.
Old October 19th, 2010, 07:55 AM

Re: The BOOKS of Heroscape INDEX- D2 7-19-10

My job is to co-ordinate the BOOKS (and clean them out every now and then). I do very little editing and the guys who have been working on them in recent years have the pattern down very well, so don't need my input very often. But, I do assign who does which BOOK (usually trying to honor people's requests). From the beginning, though, the main thing about the BOOKS is that it is a community project. The OPs are important, true; but the posted messages are the heart of their value.
Old September 5th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: The BOOKS of Heroscape INDEX - FINAL Again

Who is that devilishly handsome man in your avatar, Rev?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 5th, 2011, 03:21 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Who is that devilishly handsome man in your avatar, Rev?
Dadscaper!! This is hardly the appororiate thread!!

Old September 5th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 5th, 2011, 04:36 PM

Aw, Dad_Scaper; that's me as a child. Actually, on my wedding day (today being our 40th wedding anniversary).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units