Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old May 30th, 2011, 06:47 PM

Nickydude Woo who?
Re: Help and Suggestions for new site needed!!!

Yes, that's fixed it (although i still don't like the background ).

"I reject your reality and substitute my own..."
Old May 30th, 2011, 10:11 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Do we need to create a new account? It won't let me log in.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old May 30th, 2011, 10:13 PM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Do we need to create a new account? It won't let me log in.
Yes, it's a completely new site. I think there is a way to import contacts but I wanted to clean up the database a little anyway as some signed up multiple times or no longer use our site. If you have any credit it will of course transfer over but we couldn't figure out how to place a credit on an account so we are calling tomorrow for this info.
.....Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old May 31st, 2011, 01:19 AM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

Is there a way to sign into the forums? I haven't had any luck linking my account to non-guest privileges.
Old May 31st, 2011, 08:05 AM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDoom View Post
Is there a way to sign into the forums? I haven't had any luck linking my account to non-guest privileges.
Have you tried recently. I didn't know it but discovered the other day I had to "approve" your first post (the submission of the Kobolds). I think once I approved it you should be able to post at will now.
.......Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Old May 31st, 2011, 09:32 AM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

Currently if I click on the image of the dragon on the home page I get to the Heroscape option. However, the word links (under the dargon & D&D images) for both 'Miniatures Role Playing' and 'other Role Playing' take me to the Role Playing menu.
Old May 31st, 2011, 10:46 AM

Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby!

Suggestion: in addition to viewing Heroscape items by clicking on each subcategory, I'd love to be able to "view all Heroscape" in a single list. Ideally the list would also be sortable by name, wave, price, etc.

As it stands now, the new site is harder to "browse" because you have to click on each subcategory individually. Another helpful addition would be listing the number of items in each subcategory, so that customers could see if a category was empty before clicking on it.

(Please ignore me if these have already been suggested; I didn't see them mentioned when I scanned the thread.)

Good luck with the new site!

* Available: Confrontation & other minis for C3V units (various Varks, Cultists, Gnids, etc.) *
My Sale/Trade List
The Orphanage - HS Figure Exchange
(My available/wanted orphans)
Old May 31st, 2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targanth View Post
Currently if I click on the image of the dragon on the home page I get to the Heroscape option. However, the word links (under the dargon & D&D images) for both 'Miniatures Role Playing' and 'other Role Playing' take me to the Role Playing menu.
Fixed

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Old June 1st, 2011, 05:13 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Where's the link to your buying site, is the old one still there? (I don't have a link to it...)

Last edited by UtahScott; June 3rd, 2011 at 07:15 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2011, 01:23 AM

OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grison View Post
As it stands now, the new site is harder to "browse" because you have to click on each subcategory individually. Another helpful addition would be listing the number of items in each subcategory, so that customers could see if a category was empty before clicking on it.
I agree. This is my only complaint (has been, even with the old site). It's annoying to have to click on every category to see if there's anything available.

Also, I can't find the link to the buy/trade site. Maybe I'm just stupid and looking right at it. In my opinion, a link to the buy/trade site should be in the upper menu bar, unless you are purposely trying to move away from this service.

Otherwise, I think the new site looks freakin' awesome!

Last edited by OverEngineered; June 5th, 2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old June 6th, 2011, 01:18 PM

freddywerks is surprisingly tart

Okay, please take all of this as constructive criticism. Also know that these changes come from years of expertise; I've worked in the industry as a web designer for roughly 7-8 years.

The first thing you need to do is change the background. That blue/teal background is hideous and actually dates you to somewhere around 1998. It's just too busy. Make it something subtle or even a solid background. Look at this site for instance; the black background is decent because it doesn't distract people from looking at the real content of the site.

Also, whoever is saving out your images needs to learn some things on how to save images for the web. Your banner graphic is a PNG, even though it doesn't really need to be. Save it out in Photoshop at 60% as a JPEG and you'll drop the file size from 650KB to somewhere around 50-100KB. Also, try not to squash or stretch your graphics using HTML code; it'll make the image not only look bad, but also it's causing you to load a large image unnecessarily. Instead save it out again at the size you want the image to be.

Hope that helps.
Old June 6th, 2011, 01:56 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Nice New Site. Couple of things:
  • I don't mind the background too much, but it does look like a background from a site made 10-15 years ago, and it is hard to read the white text of the shopping cart & total, and links on the bottom.
  • Deathwalker 8000 is listed in Road to Forgotten Forest instead of Orm's Return.
  • Since items can be in multiple categories, it would be nice if the hex terrain would be listed both in the HEX Terrain and individual terrain categories. It is splotchy with some in only one or the other.
  • On Google Chrome, when you vie an item, the picture of it disappears after a second or when you mouse over something.
  • Also, what happened to the item descriptions, or did you just not type them in? You especially need this for custom items such as saying the Original item next to the custom in the picture is for display only.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News