Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old August 10th, 2006, 05:58 PM

Thingemon has disabled reputation
Line of Sight

After reading some stuff about Q9's line of sight issues, I was wondering about my own playing techniques. Whenever an enemy was behind me and I wanted to shoot him, I'd just turn my unit around to face the enemy. I know this is not allowed with double spaced figs. But with single spaced figures is it alright? We're talking ranged units not melee.

Thx.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLZERE RRREERZZZZERERERZZZZZ
Old August 10th, 2006, 05:59 PM

btw what was Q9's LOS issue exactly? it wasnt quite clear to me.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLZERE RRREERZZZZERERERZZZZZ
Old August 10th, 2006, 06:26 PM

Jesus_S_Preston has disabled reputation
When we play, we ignore LOS for things like that. I mean, shooting through trees is one thing, but not being able to attack becasue the target is behind you is stupid.

Getting back into 'Scape
Old August 11th, 2006, 02:36 AM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
single space fiqures ye can turn around in the hex to find LOS..double space ye can only swap positions in the 2 spaces it's occupying..

official response for Q9..his shoulder pads block LOS.... idiotic? aye? will anyone ever use this? no, they'll just turn him around until ye do get los.

ye use LOS mostly for height differences and blocking issues, like terrain and tree's, etc....

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old August 11th, 2006, 10:26 AM

alright cool. thx.

Old August 11th, 2006, 11:13 AM

Aranas has disabled reputation
The FAQ on this site and Hasbro's site give a lot of answers to many questions.

With single-spaced figures it's simple. From the official site:
Quote:
If a figure is not facing another figure that he is attacking, does he have line of sight?
Facing does not matter when determining Line of Sight. The best way to tell if your Attacker has a clear Line of Sight is to get behind its head and look at the targeted figure. If you can see any part of it from its head, you have a clear Line of Sight. The facing of the attacker's head does not matter.
and...
Quote:
With LOS, I understand you must have a clear line to fire. May your opponent rotate one of their friendly figures on its hex (ie. the minions so that their wings aren't in the way of the LOS) so that they may shoot one of your figures with a clear LOS?
Single base figures may be rotated freely at any time on your turn. I.E. - facing doesn't matter. Double base figures require one movement point to turn 180°
So, for single-spaced figures, you do not even have to turn it around, although you are allowed to do it. You can also rotate any of your figures on your turn. But, your opponent can't move his figurines because it is not his turn.

For double-spaced, from this site FAQ:
Quote:
Can Mimring block his own LOS? If he can't, then how can you determine LOS if he is blocking it. BTW: This is possible.
Official Ruling: When determining LOS for Mimring's FIRE LINE SPECIAL ATTACK and firing to the direct rear, you may use the tip of either long horn on his head as a targeting point. I know this is not in the rules. It will be eventually fixed, and in the rules. All parts of his body block LOS.
And about Q9, from this thread: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...?t=651&start=0
Quote:
I had a question regarding Q9's line of sight - his large sholders might block when I try to look at where his head is, if I'm looking from the side of him, trying to hit a figure not in front or back, but next to him, will his sholders block line of sight?
Major Q9's shoulders CAN in fact block line of sight, make sure you position him carefully!
The ruling about Q9 is being questionned though. We are awaiting clarification on this unit. Many scapers here dislike this ruling as it impairs Q9 considerably...

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old August 11th, 2006, 11:19 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
you are allowed to rotate 2-space figs, but only when a turn marker was activated on their card, and only if you have enough movement points.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's