Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 25th, 2024, 05:24 PM

Proclaimed is surprisingly tart
Re: Carolina Order Marker 3: Delta+VC (March 30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaugville View Post
We might need to borrow one squad of Templar Cavalry, or use Grok Riders as a proxy.
Shaug, you still need that unit of Templar? I've got you covered, but bring those Groks just incase I brain fart
Old March 25th, 2024, 11:06 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I can bring a map if needed.
Old March 27th, 2024, 11:31 AM

Been a couple weeks since the OP has been updated, so I thought it'd be useful to have a quick summary of our map situation.

12 attendees listed and +3 that have been mentioned, so we're going to need at least 8 maps but only have 5 confirmed. A couple have volunteered, I'm guessing those people just need to pick one and let others know to avoid duplication. Is it unreasonable to assume we probably need to have 10-12 ready in the event more people show up? I can bring a variety of terrain sets for on-site building, but I'd need help building/teardown in the morning/evening.

1. Draugur - patzymur
2. Fulcrum - Proclaimed
3. Highways and Dieways - shaugville
4. Remains of Clionesia - Proclaimed
5. Stygian Rift - Mythic
6. Badru Valley - JustinHaze
7. Turmoil - JustinHaze

8. [ ? ] - Hogg

Last edited by Proclaimed; March 27th, 2024 at 05:41 PM. Reason: added JustinHaze's maps
Old March 27th, 2024, 04:42 PM

JustinHaze is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proclaimed View Post
Been a couple weeks since the OP has been updated, so I thought it'd be useful to have a quick summary of our map situation.

12 attendees listed and +3 that have been mentioned, so we're going to need at least 8 maps but only have 5 confirmed. A couple have volunteered, I'm guessing those people just need to pick one and let others know to avoid duplication. Is it unreasonable to assume we probably need to have 10-12 ready in the event more people show up? I can bring a variety of terrain sets for on-site building, but I'd need help building/teardown in the morning/evening.

1. Draugur - patzymur
2. Fulcrum - Proclaimed
3. Highways and Dieways - shaugville
4. Remains of Clionesia - Proclaimed
5. Stygian Rift - Mythic

6. [ ? ] - JustinHaze
7. [ ? ] - Hogg
8. [ ? ] - JustinHaze (you mentioned bringing 2?)
I can bring 2 completed maps. As a request last time I brought Nightfall, which isn't on the list.

I would like to propose the idea of bringing:

Badru Valley
Turmoil
Old March 27th, 2024, 06:30 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Try to let me know what map to bring by tomorrow night so I can gather it up.
Old March 27th, 2024, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Try to let me know what map to bring by tomorrow night so I can gather it up.
It’s completely up to you. Pick one from the lists that looks cool, or caters to your army? Maybe you’ll get lucky and get to play on it.

If you want some suggestions, I personally like the look of Wyrmwalk, and there’s only 1 map using VW so far. If I could have transported more than 2, I might have built Aeon and Burial Marsh as well. I don’t think there’s any wrong answer..

Also, don’t take any of what I say as a voice of experience. This’ll be my first time playing in a tournament as well as most of these maps. Just trying to assist a little as we’re getting close to game day.
Old March 28th, 2024, 09:54 PM

patzymur knows what's in an order marker patzymur knows what's in an order marker

I think @JustinHaze has @Mythic and me backwards WRT maps. @Mythic will bring Draugur and I'll bring Stigian Rift. I'll try to bring a second as well, maybe platypus as a different snow map than Draugur? Not positive I'll have time. I think I finally came up with my army, but will sleep on it.

Delta and VC - yeah, that makes you think, but 475 points is what makes it hard. I came up with 3 VC oriented armies at 485 points! Well, probably 475 points interacting with Delta. Smaller army point value with no A+ cheats to include. I like to have an army with an opening, mid-game and clean-up plan. I had trouble, and ended up with a set of Classic "B" units with slight delta penalties and no VC. Still looking forward to seeing y'all and and playing!

Namaste,
'zymur
Old March 28th, 2024, 10:46 PM

loki619 is surprisingly tart

Please let me know if you need me to bring any figures. I have most vc figures. Also let me know if you need me to bring a map.
Old March 28th, 2024, 11:17 PM

@patzymur
Quote:
Originally Posted by patzymur View Post
I can bring Wyrmwalk Stygian Rift &/Or Draugur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
I've got Stygian Rift if you've got Draugur @patzymur
I was just following these comments. Hopefully you guys can coordinate and/or fight it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki619 View Post
Also let me know if you need me to bring a map
Can’t hurt to have another option. Too many sounds like less of a problem than the opposite. Toss one out and I’ll add it to my unofficial list.

For those with experience, am I correct in assuming we should have a full set of glyphs available for each map we bring?
Old March 29th, 2024, 08:50 AM

patzymur knows what's in an order marker patzymur knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proclaimed View Post
@patzymur
Quote:
I can bring Wyrmwalk Stygian Rift &/Or Draugur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
I've got Stygian Rift if you've got Draugur @patzymur
I was just following these comments. Hopefully you guys can coordinate and/or fight it out.
Oh, shoot. I'm glad you posted that. I read it a couple times before and had it backwards. So I'm definitely bringing Draugur.

Maybe for a 2nd map I switch Stygian Rift back to Wyrmwalk. Wait, someone else mentioned Wyrmwalk, so maybe something else entirely!

Namaste,
'zymur
Old March 29th, 2024, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Oh, shoot. I'm glad you posted that. I read it a couple times before and had it backwards. So I'm definitely bringing Draugur.

Maybe for a 2nd map I switch Stygian Rift back to Wyrmwalk. Wait, someone else mentioned Wyrmwalk, so maybe something else entirely!
I suggested it, but Hogg hasn't confirmed anything. Might be worth picking something else just in case.
Old March 29th, 2024, 02:52 PM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

@Proclaimed thanks for organizing this info as people have been posting
I am good with just about everything that has been suggested, the only change I will throw out there is no to Fulcrum. Fulcrum does not provide enough options for how to develop/play each matchup IMO. The last time I played on it was the nail in Fulcrum's coffin for me. Talking with Scapers at MARS events has confirmed for me that the days of Fulcrum should be behind us.

Here is me trying to aggregate all that has been planned so far:
(JustinHaze) Badru Valley: OEAO Edition (OEAO's Edition is preferred) https://www.heroscapers.com/download...%20Edition.pdf
(JustinHaze) 25 Years Later https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=5427

(MQ23) Incursion https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XLj...IFcT1XxAq/view
(MQ23) Crumbling Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kaY...wDpKuunV/vieww
(MQ23) Nightfall - HexiCon II https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=5411

(shaugville) Highways and Dieways https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Ib...bDASSB_JS/view

(Proclaimed) Remains of Clionesia https://www.heroscapers.com/download...0Clionesia.pdf

(patzymur) Wyrmwalk https://www.heroscapers.com/download...p/Wyrmwalk.pdf
(patzymur) Draugur https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qtm...0ZhGCfasV/view

(Mythic) Stigian Rift https://www.heroscapers.com/download...IAN%20RIFT.pdf

(Trivia Knight) Origin https://drive.google.com/file/d/16cn...hpZZcZ6WO/view

Check out the Tournament Page on .org to see pretty pictures of all the maps

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events