Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 20th, 2016, 03:05 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V Public Announcements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
That's more than a little important. Thanks, Johnny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
So, Miniature Market is having an "RIP Sale" - once it's over, they're delisting the items for sale. That includes the Confrontation Starter Set, which is marked down to $10. If you've been lazy (like me!), I'd suggest HEADING OVER and placing an order. You've got about a week!
Giving this a bump - tomorrow is the final day, so act fast!
Old March 2nd, 2016, 07:29 AM

Bonesaw knows what's in an order marker Bonesaw knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
As you may have begun to detect, @Leaf It , we announce minis far, far in advance of releasing them. That's so people have the opportunity to get them, if they want, in advance of market fluctuations.

Without confirming or denying anything posted here, I will share that four months is a but a blink in the eye, compared to how slowly we get a unit from announcement to release. Also, I am sure there are those in the customs community beyond the C3V who might be interested in Valkrill dice. After all, they'd work (presumably) for any custom Valkrill flagbearer, and maybe even for people who just want a cool set of Valkrill dice. So throw a wide net, and good luck.
Good info. Though I have been following and admiring C3V for a long time, I just recently bought into it, literally with a sizeable "wave" of about fourty units-worth. Rebased, printed cards. They turned out great and my group is about to dive into our first game, working them in.

That said, the number one unit on my wishlist would be an Aquilla or Valkrill flagbearer. If the C3V guys see an abnormal amount of interest in a unit, does it push their priority higher in the que? Also, is there any way that you would leak whether or not this unit will incorporate flagbearer dice in their abilities? I just think it would be nice to get the fig, the custom dice (maybe even a felt bag and patch) then just kick back and wait for the card.

Old March 2nd, 2016, 09:50 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

You strike me as a very sensible person, Bonesaw. If there were a perfect fig and a set of nice Valkrill dice, I might make such an investment myself.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 2nd, 2016, 10:21 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesaw View Post
Also, is there any way that you would leak whether or not this unit will incorporate flagbearer dice in their abilities?
Yes, the Valkrill flagbearer will have an ability that uses flagbearer dice.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 10:24 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I keep my eye out for Figures and there hasn't been anything that screams to me "Aquilla" in a long time.

A cool flagbearer figure that is coming out for pathfinder is sadly I think more of an Einar option...

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old March 7th, 2016, 02:05 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

C3V is hosting an Online Playtesting Tournament.

New Releases of C3V waves are just around the corner, in order to get our final touches done on these figure we are holding a special event. 14 different designs will be available for you to build armies around and play in this upcoming event. Sign-ups run until March 13th. For more details, you will need to join the C3V playtesters group.

Anyone can join. To join the C3V Playtesting Event
  1. Click on "User CP" in the banner on the top of the screen.
  2. Click on "Group Memberships" in the control panel on the left.
  3. Find the "C3V Online Playtesters" group in the list and click on the "Join Group" button to the right.
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the group list and click the "Join Group" button.
Shortly thereafter you will be granted access to the C3V Playtesters forum. Inside the Playtesters forum is a link to the C3V Online Playtesting Tournament.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old March 12th, 2016, 06:11 PM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/catal...s/rkh-cfac04u/

Just a heads up, the confrontation starter pack is still only $18
Old June 15th, 2016, 05:06 PM

Bonesaw knows what's in an order marker Bonesaw knows what's in an order marker

Man...I wish it could be leaked which General the new miniatures will be made for in the public miniature announcement thread. I mean, I would think that would be something among the first decisions about the unit, right?

Old June 15th, 2016, 05:33 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesaw View Post
Man...I wish it could be leaked which General the new miniatures will be made for in the public miniature announcement thread. I mean, I would think that would be something among the first decisions about the unit, right?
While that can be true, it is not always. Take something like the 20th Maine or Ulfrid. The Yanks could have ended up with Einar and Ulfrid is a Dwarf. Garret Burns could have really ended up anywhere, and I'm surprised Josie is not Aquilla. Myrddin and Elaria both also could have ended up with multiple generals.

There are a few currently kicking around in preview thread that could go in different design directions.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old June 16th, 2016, 01:34 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
While that can be true, it is not always. Take something like the 20th Maine or Ulfrid. The Yanks could have ended up with Einar and Ulfrid is a Dwarf. Garret Burns could have really ended up anywhere, and I'm surprised Josie is not Aquilla. Myrddin and Elaria both also could have ended up with multiple generals.

There are a few currently kicking around in preview thread that could go in different design directions.
wriggz is right, the general sometimes changes in the course of designing a unit--or the original design gets scrapped and a completely different design is applied to the unit, which makes it a better fit for a different general.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 16th, 2016, 02:13 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Makes me think a "History of Design" would be a neat segment to see how units grew and progressed through the process.

For example Seleena was one of the few units I have looked into. Seeing how critical her being a Hybrid was to the design choices as well as fitting into the filler role was very interesting and really gives you a better appreciation for all the work that goes into these designs.

"C3V - Where nothing is just made up and the points really matter"

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old June 16th, 2016, 02:30 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Makes me think a "History of Design" would be a neat segment to see how units grew and progressed through the process.

For example Seleena was one of the few units I have looked into. Seeing how critical her being a Hybrid was to the design choices as well as fitting into the filler role was very interesting and really gives you a better appreciation for all the work that goes into these designs.

"C3V - Where nothing is just made up and the points really matter"
1) Great idea, and 2) Man I miss that show.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs