Re: The Book of Raelin the Kyrie Warrior

What's wrong with me??
I always draft raelin in my army but she dies every time
(so I called her birdie )
i always give her another chance but she wont stop dying

please help me ( and birdie) XD
Old February 4th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwald View Post
What's wrong with me??

She's supposed to die. Her purpose it to keep your other units alive long enough to do serious damage. As long as her death provides several turns for your attackers to wreak havoc, she's doing well.

~Aldin, commenting that occasionally the best offense is a good defense

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 4th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So instead of "warrior" she should be "martyr?"

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old February 4th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwald View Post
What's wrong with me??

She's supposed to die. Her purpose it to keep your other units alive long enough to do serious damage. As long as her death provides several turns for your attackers to wreak havoc, she's doing well.

~Aldin, commenting that occasionally the best offense is a good defense
The other thing I might add is to be very careful where you put her.

She can fly. Put her on high ground and/or next to a jungle tree. Partially obscuring her behind a tree, ruin, or glacier is also good if you've got your own ranged units that she can see behind it (but making her a difficult target for your opponent). And don't send her too far out if you don't have to. If you can prevent your opponent from taking (m)any height advantaged shots on her, she might survive the whole game and you'll win by a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old February 6th, 2009, 04:23 PM

Orwald is surprisingly tart

aaah ok ill try that
and when i have the jungle i hide her behind trees

i only got in touch with the expansions about one month ago on housemousegames
pitty i can't find wave 1 anymore (and what about wave 4 and 5)
but enough about that
ill check some other units for some more advice
Old February 6th, 2009, 06:42 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really dont like Raelin. Not that she is bad, but rather she is too good and you see her in just about every game you ever play because she work with any character. Super easy to use effectively, and in my opinion, considerably undercost for what she gives you.

I much prefer the SOTM version just becuase its not an automatic she will be EVERY army you see. (even if the ROTV is made unavaible)

Raelin ROTV=Over used and now boring to look at.
She is so good your are practically forced to use her.
Old November 17th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

The conventional wisdom has been to kill Raelin as quickly as possible to prevent her aura from working.

Then killercactus kept running around telling people not to if you're facing squad figures.

But I've also seen Raelin do all right in an end-game role, with her flying and hero status. She can take out the Krav or few scattered commons pretty reliably, I think.

So I'm back to point A, although it certainly depends on the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old May 20th, 2010, 06:51 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

From Hasbro Heroscape comic:
After Taelord & Minions of Utgar capture Raelin
Sgt. Drake Alexander: Where is she?
Teaelord to Minions: Stand your ground! Today none of them are under the protection spell! Strike at them and they will fall!
Johnny “Shotgun” Sullivan: The man asked you a question. Raelin... where is she?
Taelord: I'm surprised you human cowards can fight without hiding behind Realin's spear of Gerda.

That pretty much sums up the Heroscape strategy for the last few years of tournament play. Hide behind Realin like a coward. Well I for one am no coward and vow never again hide behind Realin's spear of Gerda at another tournament or even home game!

Last edited by lefton4ya; May 21st, 2010 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Speelign fiks
Old May 21st, 2010, 01:42 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You hear that everybody?! He's mad as hell and he's not gonna stand for it!

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:20 AM

FOOTBALLDUDE88 is surprisingly tart

My friend SymphonyScaper and I are playing a game and were wondering if raelin can use her aura on a figure if she can only see the figures gun. SS says yes, I say no.
FBD88

VOTE FEN HYDRA IN
UBR 2011!! ALL HAIL
FEN HYDRA,
IMMORTAL FEN
HYDRA
Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:28 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOOTBALLDUDE88 View Post
My friend SymphonyScaper and I are playing a game and were wondering if raelin can use her aura on a figure if she can only see the figures gun. SS says yes, I say no.
FBD88
The answer is in the first post of this book:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99 View Post
-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • - DEFENSIVE AURA : “Clear Sight Spaces”
    What does "clear sight spaces" mean?
    From page 15 of the 2nd edition rules: "To determine clear sight, use Raelin's Target Point. If she can see any part of your figures (not just the Hit Zone) within the 4 spaces, they are affected by the Defensive Aura." (Hasbro FAQ)

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:28 AM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

Yes she can use her defense aura if she sees a figures gun. She uses "Clear sight" which means any part of the figure. If it said "line of sight" it would just be the hit zones on the card. Clear sight is a much stronger ability. Your friend would be correct.

Dustin

Let freedom ring with the shotgun blast

Last edited by vertigosmooth; June 2nd, 2010 at 11:29 AM. Reason: R˙chean beat me to it. hehe

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units