Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old December 17th, 2023, 11:29 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Reinforcements Arrive

I'm (personally) not a fan of the wording for Engaging Hero. It reads more like some sort of legal document where you have to spend time interpreting the words so you can deliberately find loop holes to it. Don't get me wrong, once you get your head into it, it does say what you intend. But I feel like it is worded such that one would be thinking: "If I sit here for 10 minutes thinking about it, I am sure I can find a way around it".

Would this serve better?:
Quote:
Opponent's figures engaged with Invincible cannot roll for leaving engagement attacks against any other figure leaving engagement except Invincible.
Old December 17th, 2023, 12:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Enemies adjacent to Invincible cannot make swipes against his allies.

(Not helpful, I know, but a good example of how C3G 2.0 wording is so nice).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 17th, 2023, 01:58 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I'm (personally) not a fan of the wording for Engaging Hero. It reads more like some sort of legal document where you have to spend time interpreting the words so you can deliberately find loop holes to it. Don't get me wrong, once you get your head into it, it does say what you intend. But I feel like it is worded such that one would be thinking: "If I sit here for 10 minutes thinking about it, I am sure I can find a way around it".

Would this serve better?:
Quote:
Opponent's figures engaged with Invincible cannot roll for leaving engagement attacks against any other figure leaving engagement except Invincible.
That's an excellent improvement suggestion. We had a block on the wording to make it sound succinct, obvious, and loop hole free. Your suggestion is better.

Obviously Mr. Wayne's suggestion is even more succinct but he even knows that the HelmAverse is still in its 1.0 phase.

Last edited by Matt Helm; December 17th, 2023 at 02:42 PM.
Old December 17th, 2023, 07:07 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

That's a great looking card by Lil'Helm! I guess Helmaverse cards are now Made in America since you're no longer offshoring your labor to Australia.

I think I also see why you were asking about my Shazam cards, since - like Invincible - they're similar flying melee heavyweights.
Old December 17th, 2023, 09:24 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
That's a great looking card by Lil'Helm! I guess Helmaverse cards are now Made in America since you're no longer offshoring your labor to Australia.

I think I also see why you were asking about my Shazam cards, since - like Invincible - they're similar flying melee heavyweights.
Just because we've diversified our labor force it doesn't mean that they will all be made in America. Like most auto manufacturers who assemble cars in both the USA and Mexico, we still hope to have some Australia produced art going forward. A3n will always hold the position of CAO (as in Chief Art Officer) of the HelmAverse and we are not expecting him to relocate to the States.

Eventually we hope A3n resolves his computer issues (and works on cards for his Abracadabra, Avalanche, etc.) but until then, the show must go on with artist in training Lil'Helm kicking butt (until he leaves me for college next fall). Thanks for the kind words on his art. We think Invincible looks amazing visually. We originally had him with a yellowish border but then tapped into the whispering A3n voice in my head and thought, how would he look with a blue border?

And yeah, knowing how our Invincible was coming out with his point cost I got a little sad thinking that he and your Marvel family aren't really point compatible. I always felt that a Shermanverse card could sub into the HelmAverse in a pinch.
Old December 17th, 2023, 09:28 PM
Captain Underpants

I'm not a fan of double posts but sometimes it has to happen. We've worked on numerous options to "fix" Red Hood and ended up simplifying a bit by combining two ideas into one unique Special Attack (with a little wording variance stolen from the classic Major Q10). HE's not quite as dangerous as he was but much more consistent in that he cannot escalate to high attack levels. In the end, thanks to Tornado's feedback, we think he is a bit better now. So here is Red Hood 2.0.

Old December 18th, 2023, 08:25 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool SA.
Old December 20th, 2023, 08:06 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Ditto, I like Hand Guns SA. I think it would be a bit more clear (and sound more Heroscapey) if the text started with, "When attacking with Hand Guns Special Attack..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm
And yeah, knowing how our Invincible was coming out with his point cost I got a little sad thinking that he and your Marvel family aren't really point compatible. I always felt that a Shermanverse card could sub into the HelmAverse in a pinch.
Nah, don't feel bad. I doubt you'd ever find yourself in that kind of pinch anyway; considering how expansive your own Helmaverse is, you'll always have plenty of options for your games without having to sub anyone else's stuff in. Besides, I would guess our stuff is pretty compatible within the normal Valhallascape point ranges, the 10-200 or so range. It's probably not until the mid-200s and higher that our stuff would start playing differently.
Old December 29th, 2023, 10:37 AM
Captain Underpants

Thanks Sherman, you know I like the wording as "Heroscapy" as possible. In this case, I didn't love any paragraph I could write beginning with "When attacking with Hand Guns Special attack..." so instead I went with a slight variation of the official wording used on Major Q10. Luckily the official Heroscape has numerous "Heroscapy" options.

Machine Pistol Special Attack
Range 7 Attack 2
Major Q10 may use this special attack 4 times in the same turn. Q10 may target the same figure or a different figure with each attack.

Wrist Rocket Special Attack
Range 4 Attack 4
Major Q10 may use this special attack 2 times in the same turn. Q10 may target the same figure or a different figure with each attack.

----------------------------

Not to move on from any further discussion but I can still multitask at my age and add Lil'Helm's Clayface to the conversation. He did the main design and the artwork on this bad boy.

Old January 2nd, 2024, 07:38 PM

Nice work by Lil'Helm, I like that it incorporates both sides of the character - the superstrong brawling and the shapeshifting disguise - in the same card.
Old January 6th, 2024, 08:54 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Nice work by Lil'Helm, I like that it incorporates both sides of the character - the superstrong brawling and the shapeshifting disguise - in the same card.
Exactly. We want the lunchbox version of Clayface. Let him disguise himself as other people but also be a brute when he needs to be.

And here is yet another Lil'Helm design (and artwork). He's prolific lately.

Edit: Brightened the colors on the card to improve the accuracy of the character's color scheme.

Last edited by Matt Helm; January 7th, 2024 at 01:45 PM.
Old January 8th, 2024, 03:56 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations