Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 5th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker
Re: Colorado NHSD 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b View Post
also what's the entry fee?
As I say in the OP, everyone is encouraged to bring something for the prize pool, but nothing is required. If your collection lacks any spare figures/terrain, then just come and play!

Edit: If you want (for some odd reason) to bring an "entry fee" and throw it into the prize pool, be my guest.

I think the way prizes will work, if there are enough of them, is the winner will pick (roughly) half of them, 2nd will pick half of what's left, and 3rd will get the rest; but that's not finalized.
Oh ok, I thought I heard there was an entry fee. Nevermind

Sounds good! I think I already said this but I dont have anything to contribute, so I'll just show up and play
Old September 6th, 2012, 09:56 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Didn't realize this thread was here. ...

The 13th doesn't work well for us. We can make it, but not until 11:30 at the earliest. I think the 6th is much better for us. (I think.)... I'll have to double check on that.

As for the other stuff...

The suggested format sounds fun, but I'd prefer a straight forward tourney for NHSD. Bring your ONE army of 510. Regular rules as our former Rocky Mountain Rumbles.

Location... I guess EG sounds ok. It seems to be the best fit for those living south of Denver. I always really loved the library events in Boulder (alas... those days are gone).

I am not necessarily a fan of Marvel (especially the big guys), but we've always allowed it for our events. So I think we should say Marvel Allowed.

I would say no to C3V and SoV. If it's NHSD I think we should keep it clean.

Prizes... I guess those Heroscapers and House Mouse sponsored days are gone, huh? That was always a load of fun. If people bring prizes, we should do what we've always done... first place gets first pick from the table, second, third, and so on... That way everyone gets something (hopefully).

I like the Rolling Rumble tournament format the best. I guess we COULD have a final. But to have semi's and final is a bit much in my opinion.

Sadly, we missed last year's NHSD in WY. How did things go there?

And finally, NHSD has always been the Heroscape highlight of the year. We've got to be sure to draw a large crowd. We've got to get the CSprings guys and their friends into this. As well as all of our Denver guys. If we can reach them via PM and make sure this date works for them that would be awesome. (The Springs guys always seem to have to get around their work schedule).

That's my huge opinion.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old September 6th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Hmm... I am inclined to follow your advice, as much as I don't like some of it...

The date can certainly change, that's no problem.

It is NHSD... If someone else shares your opinion that we should play straight 510, I'll probably make the change.

Both you & dok suggested it, so I'll make the change to Rolling Rumble (as long as we try to keep people playing against similar records).

I really don't like prohibiting C3V and allowing Marvel, but I'll do both if others share your opinion.

I'd be fine with no finals, but 6 (or 7?) games.

Prizes-yeah, that's probably the best way to do it, actually. I'll be bringing two different squads for the table.

I was planning on sending out some PMs. BoneSnap, chief, SoA/NS, Rosencrantz, saywhat, machinekng... Am I missing anyone?

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; September 6th, 2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old September 6th, 2012, 11:03 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Might want to ping Tolamos; he came to NHSD last year, and he might have his own C3V unit to play...

You could drop a line to some of the other C-Springs folks (Mad_Celt, Mista, varidice) but I imagine Bonesnap will let them know.

Some other names that haven't been around but who you could drop a line to:

Elderbigdave (lives pretty close to EG)
Wild_Imagination
Revloscaper
Dylan_B
Geryon
CyberClaw16

I'm probably missing some...
Old September 6th, 2012, 11:12 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

So, questions for everyone:

1) Is 510 OK with you?
2) Does Enchanted Grounds work for you?
3) Can you make the 6th? The 13th? The 20th?
4) Do you want C3V and SoV to be legal?
5) Do you want Marvel to be legal?
6) Do you want a vanilla one-army format, or the "bring two, army draft" format?

My answers:

1) yes
2) yes
3) yes, yes, EDIT: no
4) yes
5) abstain
6) bring two

Last edited by dok; September 10th, 2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker

1) yes
2) yes, but farther north is good for me as well
3) yes, yes, yes
4) yes, especially if marvel is allowed
5) not really, but if most peeps want it then sure
6) I'm good with either, havent played enough to have a preference

and I like the idea of everybody getting some sort of prize. Give me a chance anyway are we really not gonna do finals?
Old September 7th, 2012, 09:18 AM

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

My answers:

1) yes
2) yes
3) yes, yes, yes
4) yes
5) no
6) bring two
7) Edit: RR with semis & finals
dok: I'll throw those guys PMs too, though most of them haven't been on the site in a while.

n00b: Finals are cool, but kpucblec convinced me (sort of) that it'd probably be better just to play more rounds. I went 7-0 in July, so watch out...

Edit: Great, now Dok wants playoffs. I guess that'll be a vote too...

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; September 12th, 2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old September 7th, 2012, 09:31 AM

Ah, I totally forgot a question about round scheduling!

1) Is 510 OK with you?
6) Do you want a vanilla one-army format, or the "bring two, army draft" format?
7) Do you want scheduled rounds (which lead to a finals match), a rolling rumble with semis and finals later in the day, a rolling rumble with just finals, or a plain rolling rumble?

My answers:

1) yes
2) yes
3) yes, yes, EDIT: no
4) yes
5) abstain
6) bring two
7) rolling rumble with semis and finals

Last edited by dok; September 10th, 2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:30 PM

saywhat knows what's in an order marker saywhat knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Ah, I totally forgot a question about round scheduling!

1) Is 510 OK with you?
7) Do you want scheduled rounds, a rolling rumble with semis and finals later in the day, a rolling rumble with just finals, or a plain rolling rumble?
1) Yes
2) Yes (always yes)
3) Maybe, Maybe, Preferred
4) Don't have any but sure, they seem balanced
5) In my experience Marvel only works when both players have at least one figure in their army. Maybe everyone brings a Marvel character to "sub-in" if the opponent is playing one?
6) Vanilla one-army format
7) I'm the schedule type but enjoyed the rolling rumble last time.

Last edited by saywhat; September 29th, 2013 at 03:10 AM.
Old September 7th, 2012, 03:36 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

here is my I wont be able to make, but I still want to help you guys plan a successful event.

1) Is 510 OK with you? I think go 500 or 550
2) Does Enchanted Grounds work for you? I think Boulder is better for NHSD for most of CO
3) Can you make the 6th? The 13th? The 20th? None for me.
4) Do you want C3V and SoV to be legal? i would say no, for NHSD.
5) Do you want Marvel to be legal? Yes.
6) Do you want a vanilla one-army format, or the "bring two, army draft" format? One army, thats it.
7) Do you want scheduled rounds (which lead to a finals match), a rolling rumble with semis and finals later in the day, a rolling rumble with just finals, or a plain rolling rumble? Rolling Rumble

Prizes: Everyone is encouraged to contribute something to the prize table, but it's not strictly required. The 1st place player will pick 1st from the table, 2nd place player will pick 2nd, etc. I agree with this style, but if you don't bring a prize you don't get a prize, even if your first.
Old September 7th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Not a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
Prizes: Everyone is encouraged to contribute something to the prize table, but it's not strictly required. The 1st place player will pick 1st from the table, 2nd place player will pick 2nd, etc. I agree with this style, but if you don't bring a prize you don't get a prize, even if your first.
Well that's no good for guys like me who cant afford to contribute anything.
Old September 7th, 2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
I think Boulder is better for NHSD for most of CO
What do you mean, "most of CO?" I'm pretty sure I can think of at least 10 players for whom EG is closer than anything in Boulder.

As for the prizes... I don't want the current prize distribution to reduce the number of people bringing prizes, but I also don't want people who can't bring prizes, but can win, to get nothing. In other words, I don't really want to make the call-perhaps kpucblek or dok can put forth thier opinion.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day