Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 29th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Change me to going now
Excellent! Always good to have you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
And also I vote for no C3V/SoV since I don't own any and don't plan on buying any. I'm a purist at heart so I refuse things to be changed lol That's my 2 cents.
I think we have to keep the game evolving, or else we don't have much of a Heroscape future. Anyways, we have an extra reason to go with C3V/SoV this year. But I think that's a surprise for now.

If you have practical concerns, I'd be happy to help you out. For instance, one tip is that all VC customs are in Battleplan now, so you could review any new units before tourney-time, if you're worried about not knowing what you're up against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 2nd, 2013, 08:01 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

Our first prize for the prize table will be a C3V figure/card! I want to learn about the continuing creative expansions of this great game. How about the purists battle it out after our mixed tournament?
Let's not stagnate
Old October 3rd, 2013, 03:23 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Okay, I think we have it down: we will be 5. Myself, the user formerly known as SSX (he's now known as Quillon), his same friend from last time, and two more friends. The Smaller Animal will not be making it this year, but that's okay, since he wasn't going to play separately from me anyway, so the numbers don't change.

wnfb, have you posted to the Yahoo group and anywhere else you can think of?

Also, we should talk about maps. So far we're at 7 or 8 total? So we'll need at least 4.

Looking forward to gettin' our Scape on!

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 6th, 2013, 05:26 PM

I've PMed more than 20 people and posted on 2 Yahoo Groups but not socalheroscapeleauge because I left that group after it was hacked and I was regularly getting spammed from it.
Old October 6th, 2013, 05:27 PM

I've PMed more than 20 people and posted on 2 Yahoo Groups but not socalheroscapeleauge because I left that group after it was hacked and I was regularly getting spammed from it.
Old October 7th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
Fair enough.

Okay, give me a map to make and I'll go ahead and build it now so I'm ready to bring it on the day.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 9th, 2013, 09:52 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

I'm putting my vote in the purists, but I also don't really care all that much.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old October 10th, 2013, 03:36 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detrimentalman View Post
I'm putting my vote in the purists, but I also don't really care all that much.
I think you guys will find it fun playing against some new figures for a change. Hopefully everyone's willing to give it a try at least.

Okay, I've reviewed all the BoV maps and here's the ones that look interesting to me:

Hot Heights
Ice Blossom
Quasatch Playground
Burial Marsh
Bad Moon Rising

I'm not saying we have to use those; I'm just saying those are the ones that don't strike me as boring, or that we've seen over and over again, or whatever. Just some suggestions.

I think I'm going to build Bad Moon Rising for our practice games, so I can bring that one if you guys like. If you guys agree with me that those look cool, other folks can offer to bring some of the others ... five maps should be enough, no? wnfb, what's our current count?

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 14th, 2013, 10:49 PM

It looks like we still have 10 players.
I should be able to make at least 2 maps.
Assuming I have 2 Jungle expansions, I vote for
Quasatch and Burial.
Old October 15th, 2013, 02:10 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
It looks like we still have 10 players.
I should be able to make at least 2 maps.
Assuming I have 2 Jungle expansions, I vote for
Quasatch and Burial.
Okay, so we need 2 more maps. It's possible I could bring one more, although I really hate packing terrain. Anyone else want to volunteer? D-man? Leo?

Also, I see hivelord is still a maybe ... c'mon man, you know want to be here! Bring the pop too, so we can have an even 12.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 16th, 2013, 01:46 AM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

I can grab some terrain. Two maps. Tell me which ones.

Yay, new figures....I haven't seen the normal ones played enough to be tired of them. And to be honest, no, discovering I'm fighting a new hero I have never seen before doesn't excite me; name a general who is all giddy that his enemy has unknown strengths Then again, it's all silly business without drafting anyways as I've always said and I'm not even designing an army this time.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old October 16th, 2013, 05:56 PM

That is very nice of you to offer maps D-man.
Xotli likes these,
Hot Heights
Ice Blossom
Do you think you can manage? Thanks

As for C3V and SoV, maybe some time spent here
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=33402
will help you prepare and rid yourself of this fear of the "unknown."

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day